Crystal Palace 0-3 Chelsea

Jase

Also, nice to see the Brazilians bringing dividends, and that has not to do with me bring Brazilian. We have a heavily Brazilian-featured squad, so it's positive when we had three of them scoring and assisting (it seems like Willian was still credited an assist to Costa's goal).
 Willian and Costa were amazing, and Oscar only had a goal and an 'assist' (as that was just another pass to the marvelous shot Willian took), but a bad performance. Surely, we could talk about Spanish too -especially if you consider Costa Spanish - which is another heavy group of players in the squad. It's nice to have this resurgence. Hope there's more to come from all over the squad.

My commentator called Brazilian storm, lol

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Got to build on this, we've had a lot of these stop-starts this season - Need to string together a few wins in a row! Forward we go..

Thats the thing so far we havent started.Had the off game where we've won then gone back to normal...hopefully this actually is it...6 months down the line but meh...long as it starts

I think we can say with authority that the performance today is the best of the season. Said that a few times previously when Jose was still around but those were kinda neither here nor there - looked solid but toothless in attack etc. It was a different story today though. A convincing performance against decent opposition. We controlled the game - never gave anything away, Palace only had that one real chance from Zaha before Willian scored. Otherwise, they didn't really create much. We also looked decent in attack and produced none of the defensive football nonsense of holding back after going 1-0 up. Almost refreshing to see us continue pushing forward and trying to score more goals.

finally in the car for my lift home.....'where's your famous atmosphere'

I bragged on the pre. match thread ( without much conviction) how we would shut that awful drum and chanting up....they hardly got a look in.

Brilliant performance by team and away support.

2 hour journey home....where are the strepsils...husky voice and sore. throat

20 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Great, great display.

I think it was all about the mentality we approached the game and that both from players and manager. You guys know I love Mourinho and it took me time to want him gone (even if I don't like the idea of firing managers during the season), but this is a breath of fresh air. I can love the guy, want him gone later, but still appreciate the changes of his leaving.

The boys played with a lot of passion, a lot of dedication, something we haven't seen in months. That's on them and I got over their bottling or lack of effort playing for Jose. After my first assessment in the Sunderland game I took some time thinking. When the work atmosphere is bad - no matter which field - it's just hard to perform at your best. They probably weren't doing on purpose, they just couldn't do it. But even if they were doing on purpose, that's their problem too. I still want many of them gone, but simply because they aren't good enough.

But the approach was absolutely refreshing. At HT Pardew probably got his guys to exploit our weaknesses and instead of making them more noticeable by parking the bus, we did the opposite. We continued from where we stopped in the first, retained the ball, played very compact, pressed the whole match and counter-attacked with numbers and thirsty. This is amazing and I haven't had this pleasure watching a Chelsea match in a long, long, long time.

I'm still slightly disappointed with how the kids are being handled, but that's not something we can complain only about this manager. We seem to have some problem incorporating them and I wonder who that comes from, if all managers behave the same. Guus did well today, very well. Mikel was a great call. Still I'll vote for Diego for my MOTM. Great movement, goal, assist, smart plays and not one scene. When he was kicked on the legs in that counter-attack, he'd create a fuss, but not today. He's been amazing.

I wanted to comment and then I saw this post. Everything I had in my mind put in words and more. :clap:

30 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Costa with best match of the year by miles...well done mate.  Cesc, Zouma and Mikel strong today too.  Goal aside Oscar was shit again.  Ivanovic gets a lot of stick and has had a terrible season but was terrific today. 

Azpi and Willian players of the year.  Great performances by all again.

I agreed with everything you said and was going to give you a like until you said that about Oscar. He was fantastic. That wa shis best performance for us this season. Yes, I rated his performance higher than the Swansea game and Sunderland one a fortnight ago.

5 minutes ago, Stats said:

I agreed with everything you said and was going to give you a like until you said that about Oscar. He was fantastic. That wa shis best performance for us this season. Yes, I rated his performance higher than the Swansea game and Sunderland one a fortnight ago.

Wow, withholding 'likes' like that....Madame Whiplash has nothing on you.:D

43 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Costa con la migliore partita dell'anno per miglia ... ben fatto compagno. Cesc, Zouma e Mikel forte anche oggi. Goal a parte Oscar era di nuovo merda. Ivanovic ottiene un sacco di bastone ed ha avuto una terribile stagione, ma era eccezionale oggi. 

Azpi e giocatori Willian dell'anno. Grandi prestazioni da parte di tutti di nuovo.

ooscar shit?? He has made a considerable contribution in defense more than willian , pedro or coast !
and forwards  he did not do too bad !

2 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

ooscar shit?? He has made a considerable contribution in defense more than willian , pedro or coast !
and forwards  he did not do too bad !

Not to mention perfect ball to Azpi for one on one against keeper in first half

Total football from the boys. Mikel and fab controlled midfield. Hopefully matic learnt a thing or two from mikel today.his 96 percent passing accuracy helped control the game. Also love the fact that we didnt park the bus after the first goal. Hiddink has lifted the shackles off the players and has brought the feel good factor back into the team. For some reason I am not scared of psg anymore even though matic is suspended.. shiiiit we have boss man mikel :dance: