Bastian Schweinsteiger

.Cee

That's seems to be what most believe.

On the other hand just a few months back we were ready to pay 30 millions for Neymar and around 7 for Begovic.

Yeah but then he may look at Ramires, an £18million signing, and think "..never again."

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18m for Ramires was fucking ridiculous, even if he does become a quality player.

Who on earth orchestrated that deal..

So was £20million for Yuri Zhirkov. Quality as he is, £20million was ridiculous for a player, we didn't really need. I think he was dubbed Hiddink's departing gift, not really a gift if you have to pay £20million is it?

But the point is, I'm sure Abramovich will not fork out €30million for Schweinsteiger.

I agree that we're paying too much for these kind of players but it won't be an issue if if Ramires can improve as much as Mikel did.I mean, some Mancs laughed when we apparently payed around 12m for him but in the long run it was a great deal.

And don't bother bringing up the Ozil and VdV transfers, those were exceptions. In today's market James Milner is worth 30 millions.

So was £20million for Yuri Zhirkov. Quality as he is, £20million was ridiculous for a player, we didn't really need. I think he was dubbed Hiddink's departing gift, not really a gift if you have to pay £20million is it?

But the point is, I'm sure Abramovich will not fork out €30million for Schweinsteiger.

He is worth every €. Although I don't see how we could use him. Rotate with Lamps and Essien? That would be ideal to do until Josh and Conor become ready.

We don't need a CM. Lamps, Ess, Mikel, Ramires, Josh, Zhirkov/Benayoun/Malouda.

You mean Lamps that's been injured since August and is 32 years old? Ontop of that is the fact that neither Zhirkov nor Malouda are centre midfielders and really shouldn't play there!

You mean Lamps that's been injured since August and is 32 years old? Ontop of that is the fact that neither Zhirkov nor Malouda are centre midfielders and really shouldn't play there!

I mean the Lamps that hasn't been injured in 6 years, the Lamps that gets us 20 goals a season for the last 5 years, and the Lamps that will go on at the top level another 3 years minimum. Granted Zhirkov n Malouda aren't central midfielders but even so we've got enough cover in Ramires and Josh and Benayoun. Those 3 won't play when Lamps, Essien n Mikel are available. Add Schweinsteiger to the list that'll sit on the bench for 70% of the games. You want us to pay 30 mil for that? The only midfielder we need is a creative one, which Bastian isn't. A top notch winger, a backup goalie and a centre half is a priority if we're looking for someone in January

I mean the Lamps that hasn't been injured in 6 years, the Lamps that gets us 20 goals a season for the last 5 years, and the Lamps that will go on at the top level another 3 years minimum. Granted Zhirkov n Malouda aren't central midfielders but even so we've got enough cover in Ramires and Josh and Benayoun. Those 3 won't play when Lamps, Essien n Mikel are available. Add Schweinsteiger to the list that'll sit on the bench for 70% of the games. You want us to pay 30 mil for that? The only midfielder we need is a creative one, which Bastian isn't. A top notch winger, a backup goalie and a centre half is a priority if we're looking for someone in January

I don't really need a lecture on what Lampard means to us, I've seen every game he ever played for us! But the sad truth is that he wont be here for ever and other squad members are reaching their 30s soon :cry::mouthclosed: The only concern I got right now is that Josh McEachran will have to kill someone to get a start.. If only Ballack never been forced out of the club without Carlo's say so we'd been 5 pts clear right now.

On topic: Schweinsteiger is a beast, I've seen loads of him and in the World Cup he commanded the entire field!

What was that third goal against Argentina. It was all Schweinsteigers work.

You are expecting too much from 17 yo, he won't be ready yet for two seasons.

Umm okay, 1 goal ...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that Schweinsteiger is a tremendous player and that he would be an asset to any top side in Europe, but we don't need him right now, he's not a priority. Maybe in a couple of years, but not now, considering what we need is a creative player, not another Essien clone. What we need is a Deco in his heydays, not a Ballack.

I don't really need a lecture on what Lampard means to us, I've seen every game he ever played for us! But the sad truth is that he wont be here for ever and other squad members are reaching their 30s soon :cry::mouthclosed: The only concern I got right now is that Josh McEachran will have to kill someone to get a start.. If only Ballack never been forced out of the club without Carlo's say so we'd been 5 pts clear right now.

On topic: Schweinsteiger is a beast, I've seen loads of him and in the World Cup he commanded the entire field!

I'm not lecturing you on anything. But since you've seen him play all your life, you shouldn't write him off since he's been injured for 2 months. He'll be a top performer for 3 years atleast, mark my words. Can you tell me who's 30 in our midfield? Essien -27. Mikel and Ramires -23. Josh -17. Benayoun is 30 granted, but he's not going to play much and so should be fit most times.

I've seen loads of Tiger too, he runs Bayern's midfield, but he's not a fantasista that we require.

I'm not lecturing you on anything. But since you've seen him play all your life, you shouldn't write him off since he's been injured for 2 months. He'll be a top performer for 3 years atleast, mark my words. Can you tell me who's 30 in our midfield? Essien -27. Mikel and Ramires -23. Josh -17. Benayoun is 30 granted, but he's not going to play much and so should be fit most times.

I've seen loads of Tiger too, he runs Bayern's midfield, but he's not a fantasista that we require.

Lampard will definitely be here and playing for 3 more years and I never even said we should go for Schweinsteiger! All I pointed out above was that Lamps is aging and that our wingers shouldn't play CM :rolleyes: I can add that Zhirkov and Ramires should never ever play together in the CM roles.

Lampard will definitely be here and playing for 3 more years and I never even said we should go for Schweinsteiger! All I pointed out above was that Lamps is aging and that our wingers shouldn't play CM :rolleyes: I can add that Zhirkov and Ramires should never ever play together in the CM roles.

True, I agree. But I'd not want Schweinsteiger, or any other expensive centre mid to be bought to come in only when Lamps, Essien are unavailable. We can play Zhirkov/Malouda there and it doesn't make sense to splash money on anyone when all they're going to be is a substitute, that's what I was saying.

Zhirkov should play the wing or the wingback. I'd rather start Josh than him in the middle. Even if he makes mistakes, I'd rather an academy graduate make a mistake than an 18 mil Russian international.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has dismissed comments from coach Louis van Gaal suggesting that Bayern Munich should consider selling midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger at the end of the season.

Schweinsteiger's current contract expires in the summer of 2012 and Van Gaal is concerned the club will miss out on a sizeable transfer fee should the player opt to see out the deal and move on a Bosman free.

But executive board chairman Rummenigge is adamant the Bundesliga champions are not looking to sell the 26-year-old and remain confident Schweinsteiger will agree a new deal.

"I have always said that we really want to extend Bastian's contract and that is what we are working on. He is one of our most important players, if not the most important one.

"But if (a contract extension) does not happen then he will certainly stay at Bayern until June 30, 2012. He will not leave before that date. He [Van Gaal] cannot decide that. In this case I will have the final say.''

Soccernet

I guess that settles it for the time being.

"But if (a contract extension) does not happen then he will certainly stay at Bayern until June 30, 2012. He will not leave before that date. He [Van Gaal] cannot decide that. In this case I will have the final say.''

Soccernet

I guess that settles it for the time being.

He would not be stupid enough to let someone of Schweinsteiger's quality walk away on a free :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I guess another transfer we can forget..

Real Madrid have maintained an interest in the player for some time and following a pre-season friendly in August between the two respective sides, Jose Mourinho was widely quoted as having told Schweinsteiger of his intention to sign him, when he quipped: “Next year you’re mine.”.
“Bastian has asked me about the workings of Real.

“We had already spoken before Mourinho's statement because we have a very good, open relationship.

“Bastian is one of the few players who would succeed anywhere. But I would never advise anyone. One person wants to go abroad and the next doesn't.

“Bayern are a very big, absolutely world-class club.”

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You