Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

I know many get frustrated with some of Pedro's misses, etc, but I have always felt he brings a pace to our attack that Willian (and I like him too) just does not bring. I think we are fortunate that he was still here when Conte arrived and now mixing him and Moses in with Hazard and Costa going forward really opens up the other side. He works well with the rest of the lads and creates. He hustles as well. As much as I love Willian's hustle, he slows the attack down standing on the right side of goal at the corner of the penalty area dribbling (similar to Hazard in matches last year). Pedro moves. He is in a good position within the 3-4-3 and am glad he is a Blue.

On 11/21/2016 at 1:02 AM, OneMoSalah said:

I see a lot of people saying we still need an upgrade but I think he's been very good since we've gone to 3-4-3, he looks like he's got that bit between his teeth, to prove a point, where as last season he was a rabbit in the headlights (he did okay in some games for Guus to be honest), it's a testament to him that he's been keeping Willian out the team (despite the circumstances which meant Willian missed one or two games) because he's been rejuvenated and showed not only a good attitude that little bit of class he showed at Barcelona when he first broke in the team there and was playing regularly... not sure why Willian wasn't even in the squad despite playing for Brazil last week either. 

Maybe upgrade is the wrong word, but it's important as a squad to evolve, actually Pedro was a benefit himself at Barcelona as Pep decided to ease Henry out despite a great season and replace him with Pedro.

Both Moses & now Pedro have given us examples of how we should not write a player off too soon at this club. We forget how chaotic and inconsistent we are off-field, and I believe it's luck & a blessing whenever a player plays to their full potential here. Which Pedro is absolutely doing now. He has not had better games for Barcelona against better opposition. Our squad is strong, lacking in depth still I admit, but if our XI including Pedro can stay fit, we've got born & bred winners in abundance, even moreso than City. 

2 hours ago, Leif said:

Both Moses & now Pedro have given us examples of how we should not write a player off too soon at this club. We forget how chaotic and inconsistent we are off-field, and I believe it's luck & a blessing whenever a player plays to their full potential here. Which Pedro is absolutely doing now. He has not had better games for Barcelona against better opposition. Our squad is strong, lacking in depth still I admit, but if our XI including Pedro can stay fit, we've got born & bred winners in abundance, even moreso than City. 

I think Moses and Pedro are realy good and useful, but when you look at Oscar and Willian, Moses and Pedro look like world class players. 

I dont know whats with these two brazians, but I dont see them anywhere near team if they continue like that. I understand they had family issues, but honestly, the problems were present last year too. 

Today Willian atempted through pass and failed, then held his head and stopped running for 5 seconds, while Spurs countered. And considering he was on pitch few minutes, he should track back, but he just stood there. I understand he misses alot, but that was unacceptable. 

The more Iva, Oscar and Willian play, the more I see why we struggled so much. And tbh, Willian was still much better before, but still not on the level you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn, no love for the little Spaniard on here today? Thought his pace was key to the Pedro-Hazard-Willian front three. And say what you will, but he finds a way to score incredible goals when we badly need one. For all of the trash that has been spoken about him, he's proving to be a pivotal piece for our title challenge.