Baba Rahman

We're looking for a back-up LB, not a starting one.

Get Rodriguez and start Azpi on the right...

Not happening but I would love that. Aside from his offensive abilities he's a proper defender as well. And at his age, he still has a lot of room for growth.

Funny how 20m-25m euros for an unknown LB seems to be OK but around a few million more for an established name like Pedro is considered not worth it...

what a dumb statement...

Pedro's release was set to entice bids because he wants to go!

Rahman is considered one of the best young FB's in the game, he ticks all the boxes for a Jose Fullback we overpay so now so we don't have to 5 yrs from now.

Not happening but I would love that. Aside from his offensive abilities he's a proper defender as well. And at his age, he still has a lot of room for growth.

Rodriguez is incredibly slow for a fullback. Good player but he's the Swiss Leighton Baines.

what a dumb statement...

Pedro's release was set to entice bids because he wants to go!

Rahman is considered one of the best young FB's in the game, he ticks all the boxes for a Jose Fullback we overpay so now so we don't have to 5 yrs from now.

1. Consired by who? Fifa career mode players? if he was so good why no one heard of him until we were linked with him?

2. Who to say he is not just a 1 season wonder? also 5 years of backup? Because I am pretty sure Dave will be our main LB for the next 5 years bar a serious injury

1. Consired by who? Fifa career mode players? if he was so good why no one heard of him until we were linked with him?

2. Who to say he is not just a 1 season wonder? also 5 years of backup? Because I am pretty sure Dave will be our main LB for the next 5 years bar a serious injury

Would dave stay lb once ivan is gone? Which will be far sooner than 5 years

Chelsea bid £17.5m for FC Augsburg defender Baba Rahman

“Both clubs are still working on fine-tuning but we hope the agreement will be finalised soon,” Rahman’s agent Sascha Empacher told Guardian sport.

And apparently, it was a certain Avram Grant who suggested Baba Rahman to the club...

1. I would bet good money there are a ton of players you've never heard of who are top players. Just a hunch...

2. What if he isn't? He has the raw tools to succeed under Jose's tutelage. big, strong, fast, will tackler and a worker... I see nothing that would lead me to believe he may be a bust. Brana is gonna be 32 at the end of this season, how long do you expect him to be in top form?

Chelsea FC know more than you, we have people who actually watch these guys play every game. You have no knowledge of yet you feel its fit to comment on his fee? Why not wait until you see him play before you make an assessment on the valuation?

I really don't understand why people routinely comment on things they know nothing about...

how good do you think he is?

As I have not seen much of him myself, I have spoken to some mates who have seen plenty of him. They attribute Augsburg's considerable success, establishing themselves as 6th in the Bundesliga and 2nd best team in Bavaria and best in Swabia to their tactically flexible backline whihc he was an integrable part of. What we can expect from him is great athleticism: pace, strength and stamina. His crosses can be hit and miss. He is better when operating with space so he can use his pace for the power dribbling than in tight spaces cos his ball control is not the best but still decent. On the downside he is prone to defensive errors and false positioning. Surely still has to develop but will inevitably get game time here because of our lack of other options.

Would love that too but i've just had to come to the realisation that Jose thinks that Ivan is undroppable and a key player. So upsetting but just something we'll have to accept.

Rodriguez is incredibly slow for a fullback. Good player but he's the Swiss Leighton Baines.

And Iva is fast? At least Rodriguez can cross and deliver a wicked set-piece. That I think is something we have missed since Mata. Cesc is good, but we need someone else who can do it as well (preferably with some pace). It's a bit of a crime that Willian seems to be second behind Cesc in terms of set-pieces.

1. I would bet good money there are a ton of players you've never heard of who are top players. Just a hunch...

2. What if he isn't? He has the raw tools to succeed under Jose's tutelage. big, strong, fast, will tackler and a worker... I see nothing that would lead me to believe he may be a bust. Brana is gonna be 32 at the end of this season, how long do you expect him to be in top form?

Chelsea FC know more than you, we have people who actually watch these guys play every game. You have no knowledge of yet you feel its fit to comment on his fee? Why not wait until you see him play before you make an assessment on the valuation?

I really don't understand why people routinely comment on things they know nothing about...

I am not completely doubting his ability, but RATHER THE LOGIC the club seems to be using for its new policy. Apparently potential now is worth nearly as much as a peak top class player. For example rumors of us considering going up to 34m for Stones is baffling if you consider Ramos was rumored to be available for 40m before he signed a new contract.

If we don't have money I understand but for some reason we seems hell bent on investing in potential for big fees, a mistake that costs Arsenal and Liverpool dearly in the last decade.

I am not completely doubting his ability, but RATHER THE LOGIC the club seems to be using for its new policy. Apparently potential now is worth nearly as much as a peak top class player. For example rumors of us considering going up to 34m for Stones is baffling if you consider Ramos was rumored to be available for 40m before he signed a new contract.

If we don't have money I understand but for some reason we seems hell bent on investing in potential for big fees, a mistake that costs Arsenal and Liverpool dearly in the last decade.

Ramos was 40m + trilion on wages..

Ramos was 40m + trilion on wages..

Wait so now we are gonna bring wages in to justify it? Is £200k a week for the best defender in the world not worth it compared to the potential £60-£100k Stones will be getting?

This is the exact thing that Liverpool and Arsenal kept on doing to justify themselves from breaking their wages 'structure'.

Wait so now we are gonna bring wages in to justify it? Is £200k a week for the best defender in the world not worth it compared to the potential £60-£100k Stones will be getting?

This is the exact thing that Liverpool and Arsenal kept on doing to justify themselves from breaking their wages 'structure'.

Ramos is far from the best defender in the world, not even top 5.

But I agree with your sentiments.

I don't know what you're thinking but there are more factors than just transfer fee and availability that go into player acquisition. Yes, wages are a factor to consider!

Chelsea pay top dollar for top talent, that doesn't mean we have the means to pay 8 or 9 players that sort of money its about balance young grasshopper. FFP does still exist.