Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

Delighted if true.

Goodbye Nico, Didier and Kalou!

Yeah, I'm on this wavelength at the moment.

As far as strikers go we have; Torres, Drogba, Anelka, Kalou & Sturridge

Drogba is 33 now, Anelka is 32 and is already a bench warmer. If we are to play 4-3-3 then Sturridge will most likely be deployed out wide. Which leaves Fernando Torres as our only centre forward. Now, you only need to take 1 look at Drogba when he contracted Malaria to know how much rotation is key in a season and how much we can't rely on one man. Falcao & Torres will be good competition for each other, each pushing for a starting role.

It's positive. Only if the other 3 are sold.

Drogba is 33 now, Anelka is 32 and is already a bench warmer. If we are to play 4-3-3 then Sturridge will most likely be deployed out wide. Which leaves Fernando Torres as our only centre forward. Now, you only need to take 1 look at Drogba when he contracted Malaria to know how much rotation is key in a season and how much we can't rely on one man. Falcao & Torres will be good competition for each other, each pushing for a starting role.

This may sound crazy but why not keep Drogba, save 30 mil euros and use that money on areas that actually need strengthening?

This may sound crazy but why not keep Drogba, save 30 mil euros and use that money on areas that actually need strengthening?

Like I say, Drogba is 33. I understand your point, but it's better to invest in 25-year old Falcao now, then panic when Drogba announces he'll retire in a year or 2.

Edited by LDN Blue

Like I say, Drogba is 33. I understand your point, but it's better to invest in 25-year old Falcao now, then panic when Drogba announces he'll retire in a year or 2.

Invest 30 mil in a back-up? And don't tell we can rotate as no manager just switches between strikers every few matches.

Drogba is 33 yes but don't tell me you don't think he's not good enough to be used as a back up for (at least) one more year with Sturridge as a third option for the striker position next season (possibly 2nd option after next season).

Just for the record.. Not being anti-Torres. Just saying, competition is good in position like centre forward :D

I wasnt actually talking about you as i hadnt read your original post, it was the ones before that and the many others on other threads. Think alot of people will be eating their words next seasonchelseaflag.gif

Guest justin_3d

You are just repeating over what i have been saying. :lol:

But thanks for the support. blue%20scalf.gif

I cant believe the amount of anti Torres comments on here! Shame

Because that bum has not done nothing. Until he does something for the team, i will get of his back. But until now, having Torres is like having a monkey wrench thrown at you!

Invest 30 mil in a back-up? And don't tell we can rotate as no manager just switches between strikers every few matches.

Drogba is 33 yes but don't tell me you don't think he's not good enough to be used as a back up for (at least) one more year with Sturridge as a third option for the striker position next season (possibly 2nd option after next season).

We still need to look at the future, we can't rely on Drogba to do it in the big games forever (except against Arsenal).

We still need to look at the future, we can't rely on Drogba to do it in the big games forever (except against Arsenal).

to be used as a back up

Hope you haven't forgotten about that Spanish striker we have in our team.

Drogba is 33 yes but don't tell me you don't think he's not good enough to be used as a back up for (at least) one more year with Sturridge as a third option for the striker position for next season (possibly 2nd option after next season).

I don't think Sturridge will be used as a centre forward. I believe he'll be deployed as a winger.

As for Drogba, yes he's still got the quality to score numbers of goals, but I think we should sell him while we can. No disrespect to the big man but he's entering the penultimate year of his contract (I believe?) and we could still sell him for at least £15million. To pay £25million for Falcao would therefore be a worthy investment.

You're right about the fact a manager would not switch strikers every few games, not with a 4-3-3 anyway. This is where it'll be worth seeing the kind of system he plays, yes 4-3-3 but with what kind of attack. Which in that case Falcao & Torres can play in the same XI with even Sturridge on the flank.

Guest justin_3d

:goodpost:

As i been saying I only see Torres, and Sturridge for the future.

Kalou and Anelka has to be out. And Drogba relegated to the bench to be a super sub or sold.

Falcao makes perfect sense. Need to have 3 strikers for the coming seasons.

I cant believe the amount of anti Torres comments on here! Shame

The amount of Torres fans here is the real shame.

Why its okay to obssesivly belittle Drogba, Lampard, Essien and couple of more players that did vey well until the las season,

and to say somthing about Torres(1 goal in 124112 games) is Taboo? what did he achieved and do in Chelsea? How good does he showed he is?

Whats with this forum...

Falcao or any other striker will have the same problem to deal with that current Chelsea strikers have - service, lack of midfield creativity, inability to cross the ball in, slow build up. I hope the club is addressing that issue as a priority otherwise they're throwing money down the drain.

AVB came from the left field when most though Hiddink was coming back. I'm hoping Chelsea leadership will continue to surprise us with smart, exciting, moving forward decisions. Or is that too much to ask?

I wasnt actually talking about you as i hadnt read your original post, it was the ones before that and the many others on other threads. Think alot of people will be eating their words next seasonchelseaflag.gif

Indeed. I have no doubt Torres will have that fire in his system burning soon again. Villas-Boas will work on his psyche :)