The Copa America 2015 Thread

Sheva.

Can't blame them. Higuain is a big-game bottler.

Higuain has now in the last year missed

* One on one chance to score in world cup final

* Pen to seal UCL place for Napoli

* Tap in in 90th minute to win Copa America

* Pen in shoot out to win Copa America

Nerves of steel this guy.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame them. Higuain is a big-game bottler.

but the crap he is getting right now - you think he wanted to make those misses? I do agree w/ you & didierforever though, Higuain shouldn't have been on the pitch. Tevez should have been on the pitch. BTW, NASA has located the ball that Higuain has kicked out of the stadium last night

CJLJ0oyUcAAcGiT.jpg

but the crap he is getting right now - you think he wanted to make those misses? I do agree w/ you & didierforever though, Higuain shouldn't have been on the pitch. Tevez should have been on the pitch. BTW, NASA has located the ball that Higuain has kicked out of the stadium last night

CJLJ0oyUcAAcGiT.jpg

Those bashing he got there is nothing compared to what others have gotten previously.

Tevez and Messi don't work together at all. If Carlos Tevez was on the pitch, Messi wouldn't be.

they actually gave messi the player of the tournament?

people/experts actually thought that messi was the best fucking player in 2015 COPA AMERICA!!! UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE...

When the tournament finished, a lot of people said in ironic tone " Now, Messi MVP to the tournament?!"...... The joke became in reality. The organization was going to give him the MVP award, but He rejected it.
This guy is a monster, but which is the obsession with give him awards that not deserved?? Is disgusting and a foul of respect with the players that really deserve it.

I don't get why Higuain is the only one to blame if Argentina lost the penalty shootout 4x1.

As for the sitter at the end of match, I understand some of the stick, but everything seems just not proportional.

I don't get why Higuain is the only one to blame if Argentina lost the penalty shootout 4x1.

As for the sitter at the end of match, I understand some of the stick, but everything seems just not proportional.

It wasn't even a 'sitter' it was a very difficult angle and he was sliding in at speed. Pretty difficult to control where the ball ends up.

But social media 'trends' practically decide the popular opinions in football...

It wasn't even a 'sitter' it was a very difficult angle and he was sliding in at speed. Pretty difficult to control where the ball ends up.

But social media 'trends' practically decide the popular opinions in football...

didn't watch, can't say. I was basing my comments in what was supposed to be a sitter at the end of a match to decide the champions. I should have known better.

Poor guy has been crucified for something that only Messi didn't mess up in the shootout... okay then. Also, if he's bad taking pens and his stats show it, why did the manager pick him?

didn't watch, can't say. I was basing my comments in what was supposed to be a sitter at the end of a match to decide the champions. I should have known better.

Poor guy has been crucified for something that only Messi didn't mess up in the shootout... okay then. Also, if he's bad taking pens and his stats show it, why did the manager pick him?

Here:

It was dramatic in the sense that it would have been the last kick of the ball had it gone in, but it's not a "horrible miss" as the title suggests, Lavezzi over-hits the pass and Higuain just couldn't get there quick enough.

His penalty was indeed horrible but as you said, why in the world did they pick him with his pen record?

It's his terrible history of choking. It's always Higuain. The opposite of someone like Drogba, who scores a last minute equalizer in a CL final, and no one is the slightest bit surprised it ended up being him.

Maybe a harsh example but look at the confidence with which he scored the 6-1 vs Paraguay. 0 pressure, expert finish.

I think he took a pen because he wanted to prove himself, he said something like that before the game.

It's his terrible history of choking. It's always Higuain. The opposite of someone like Drogba, who scores a last minute equalizer in a CL final, and no one is the slightest bit surprised it ended up being him.

Maybe a harsh example but look at the confidence with which he scored the 6-1 vs Paraguay. 0 pressure, expert finish.

I think he took a pen because he wanted to prove himself, he said something like that before the game.

I have to agree w/ all three sentiments. First if we are to consider Higuain as World Class, then he should have done better. True tight angle, but couldn't he redirected the ball in front of the net for Messi? Seondly why was Higuain thrust into this situation? Wouldn't Tevez been a better option or maybe leaving Kun in the match? I believe Sampaoli out-coached "Tata" Martino. He had the tactics to stifle La Albiceleste attack. Ok the result became a 0-0 draw, but Sampaoli believed Bravo could bailout Chile in a shootout. His gamble paid off & now Chile are Campeones de América.

if the critisizing is only because of the "social trend" or whatever, then is not the over-hyping too?

i was made to believe that higuain, el papito (or some shit) is a world class striker ( :lol:). just a few days ago napoli even put a 94mil euros (was it millions or maybe billions) price tag on him.

apparently, he is good enough to play ahead of carlos tevez.

the guy has a history of choking. just this year, he has had 5 or 6 instances. and its not a one-off or just one bad year. anyone remember the RM vs BVB game where RM had a 4-1 deficit. it could have been 3-0/2-0 within 10 mins of the second leg if he had simply taken his chances. and there are a 100 other instances. when the game's on the line, the winners always want the ball, this guy on the contrary is a pussy. cant believe people had actually wanted him during the torres years. just shows how desperate we were at that point of time.

dont get me wrong, this guy will get you goals. if we had bought him instead of costa, he would have got 20 goals too. but he would not have won us anything. he is someone like torres, scores in bulk. he will score a hattrick against qpr or noorsdjaeland and then do NOTHING for the next 5 games. and thats how you win trophies.