Drogs now wants to stay

From Skysports.com

Didier Drogba insists that he has no intention of heading for the Stamford Bridge exit this summer.

The powerful Chelsea forward has been strongly linked with Milan and their city rivals Internazionale, but has reiterated his desire to remain in England.

The former Marseille man has been with the Blues since 2004, establishing himself as one of Europe's deadliest front-men during his time in the Premier League.

He became unsettled in London following the shock departure of Jose Mourinho in September 2007, but appears to have rediscovered his passion for the Blues.

With his former mentor recently taking the hot-seat at Serie A giants Inter it had been rumoured that the Ivorian hit-man would welcome the opportunity to renew his partnership with the Portuguese coach.

Friend

However, Drogba has quashed the speculation by committing his future to his current employers.

"I have a contract with Chelsea until 2010, so I am still a Chelsea player," the striker told skysports.com during a promotional campaign for his autobiography back in Ivory Coast.

"Mourinho is my friend and I am happy for him because he was missing coaching.

"He is a top coach but, like I said, my contract here runs until 2010."

Reaction

Drogba, who was sent-off late on during the UEFA Champions League final with Manchester United for slapping Nemanja Vidic, also spoke of his disappointment at ending the 2007/08 season empty-handed.

"I am really disappointed with myself (for getting sent-off)," he added.

"I lost my head completely and I let the team down. I should not have reacted in that way.

"I let myself down, the Chelsea fans, my homeland - but that is life.

"I have now lost three finals. One Uefa Cup (with Marseille), an African Nations Cup and now the Champions League, but that is football.

"Hopefully I will win the next one."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you guys think ? It seems now Avrams gone everyone wants to stay (speaks volumes)

Im not so sure I still want him tbh after the CL final .

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll probably change his mind another couple of times before the end of the transfer window. Really used to it now!!!

Jose made it clear that Inter is NOT looking for striker as they are very potent in that dept. and all they want is couple of good midfield players. Which obviously SHUT the door BANG on Drogbas face. Hence he now wants to stay with Chelsea.

Pisses me off this guy.!!!

Edited by warnie_666

I WANT HIM TO LEAVE! :rant:

He let the team down in moscow!

He's always saying he wants to leave then the next minute wants to stay.

He dives around on the pitch. For a man of his size he really is a wimp.

It's time for him to leave i really cant stand him.

I WANT HIM TO LEAVE! :rant:

He let the team down in moscow!

He's always saying he wants to leave then the next minute wants to stay.

He dives around on the pitch. For a man of his size he really is a wimp.

It's time for him to leave i really cant stand him.

m8 your 100% right about drogba

I would be made up if he stayed i dont care what he did in the final. If it were not for him we would not even of got their. He is still the best target man in the world, and we should be looking to get a pacy young partner

to play along side him to share the work load a la crespo.

Awright....If Dogba stays I don think we neeed to waste money on buying a striker. Drogba has Anelka, Franco Di Santo, Kalou to support him upfront. I guess that should be enough. All we need is a fantastc winger and a good playmaker. Defense and midfield is sorted out. Kalou can also be used on the wings with Joe Cole and the other Top winger that we would buy.

I would say, lets go out and buy Quaresma and Ronaldinho/Robinho. Everything will be sorted out. Ronaldinho/Robinho can play as a playmaker as well as on the wings.

Put it this way. Everyone is sick of him for his antics both on and off the pitch. But keeping him would be a massive boost for us, he is a very important player in our system and I don't think there is another striker who could play in his position as effectively.

If we were offered 20 mill for him ... take the money and run ! he's 30 now - past his peak and the fee would be a huge slice of any outlay for a younger replacement .

hes been quality for us but given his age etc now is the time to sell

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Didi, Didi, Didi.........

What the f**k are we going to do with you. Talk about a love hate relationship.

If he does stay, I'll agree that when he's on his game, no-one can touch him, but its when he starts to get big headed then the antics start coming into his game. It was only when the fans started responding to his ......"lack of balance" that he turned himself around the season before last and turned into this unstoppable machine. The summer came and his head grew bigger and he returned to his old self.

I know what Drogba I want to see. If he stays and gets his finger out and plays like we know he can then fine, but if he starts f**king about again get his arse out the door quicker than you can say......er......get out :D

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Didi, Didi, Didi.........

What the f**k are we going to do with you. Talk about a love hate relationship.

If he does stay, I'll agree that when he's on his game, no-one can touch him, but its when he starts to get big headed then the antics start coming into his game. It was only when the fans started responding to his ......"lack of balance" that he turned himself around the season before last and turned into this unstoppable machine. The summer came and his head grew bigger and he returned to his old self.

I know what Drogba I want to see. If he stays and gets his finger out and plays like we know he can then fine, but if he starts f**king about again get his arse out the door quicker than you can say......er......get out :D

Spot on....the best in him comes out when hes riled up and when his talent and performances are questioned(when Sheva came to Chelsea Drogba's starting role was in doubt). When he is praised, he gets big headed.

I still would like Drogba to stay provided he shuts his trap. Hes a cry baby who when at his best gets into a different zone altogether. No defender can lcope with him.He at his best is miles better than other strikers at their best.

Edited by warnie_666

There's nothing in his statement that confirms he's staying. He's playing it safe just in case imo. Great player on his day but his attitude since Mourinho left has been appalling, just not the same player - in fact if anything, it was his mouth that did most of the work last season.