• Willian
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Cuadrado (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

1.) We couldnt keep the lead again

2.) Fabregas missing in another big game

3.) Our defenders attack better than our attackers.

I wonder if Mou installs a switch on every player and when he turns it on every player loses any ability to attack. Our attackers couldnt make one good action, cant handle pressure except for Hazard. Its pathetic that we get overrun by every big team. We only turn up when we chase the lead.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) We couldnt keep the lead again

2.) Fabregas missing in another big game

3.) Our defenders attack better than our attackers.

I wonder if Mou installs a switch on every player and when he turns it on every player loses any ability to attack. Our attackers couldnt make one good action, cant handle pressure except for Hazard. Its pathetic that we get overrun by every big team. We only turn up when we chase the lead.

Some people like to blame Jose for our continuing struggles going forward. I don't. My point of view is that Hazard apart, our AMs are not good enough* for the level we aim to reach. Further, fluent attacking play is best served when the central striker possess high technical ability. Unfortunately that is not Diego Costa's greatest attribute. Size and physicality are useful but are not enough without the ability to retain possession under pressure. That requires great touch, quick feet, dribbling and good passing.

As I've been saying for years, we lack such a striker. If Zlatan had been playing for us last night, we'd have won even with the other shortcomings we had on show.

Now, if you want to say that it's Jose's fault we don't have the squad to match our ambitions, then that is at least arguable. Personally, I think he's made progress but when he came back we were a long, long, way short. The journey to take us where we want to go has started but we aren't there yet.

*Don't know about Cuadrado but early looks are not encouraging.

Good result but terrible performance. Offered nothing on the counter, couldn't keep the ball.

I really hate how when we get into a good position (despite playing poorly) we NEVER go on to try and win the tie, just try and maintain. Instead of dropping back and back we could have continued playing the same and gone for 0-2, killing the tie. Instead we sat back and the inevitable happened.

Courtois was great. Cahill should not start again. Far too many errors and Zouma has been impeccable in comparison. Ibra dropping off to receive long balls/passes all night and Cahill got nowhere near. He's too focused on dropping back.

Veratti is a dick and should have seen red, but other than that I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

We should go through, but I just wish we'd try and win every game, we certainly have the team to do it...

The annoying thing is we have done that in every single big game away from home this season and it has ended up backfiring. I had a feeling Mourinho might be negative but not to the extent we saw yesterday. The thing that frustrates me more is I have the feeling we are going to do this in every 'big' away game we have. If we do this sit back rubbish against Arsenal it will piss me off. Every Chelsea fan has a right to be unhappy about yesterday's performance. I don't usually complain when we sit back but the way we sat back yesterday considering the strength of our team, was a joke.

I hope Mourinho seriously inputs new ideas in training in ways to be effective away from home because this style of football repeteadly against big teams is frustrating. It is not as if we don't have the players for proper counter-attacking football. We do but for some reason it is just not working.

BBC: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31514168

The Chelsea spokesman said the fans' actions had "no place in football or society".

Thankfully UEFA are correct and the club is going to ban the people and work with the police so all good so far, let's hope the police find out who and the club does ban them and we can move on :D poor guy though just wanted to get home or something and that happened.

This is about PSG-Chelsea

PSG

so I've the right to post here

Frankly I wouldn't want you to get banned so that you can come back here after the 2nd leg and see us celebrating going to the quarter finals.

What is like now? 4 years since the Arabs started pumping money into your club and you didn't even get a sniff at the semifinals?? Hahah

It has got to be such a fabulous feeling to win the mighty Ligue One against the likes of Lyon and Marsiglia, teams with a smiliar budget to West Ham :clown:

This is about PSG-Chelsea

PSG

so I've the right to post here

And coming on here and calling one of our players a 'piss of shit' is a good way to go about things? Your post will result in one thing, and that's people having a go at you and quite frankly I wouldn't blame them. I suggest you leave the attitude or go onto your own PSG forum and name call on there.

Now if you can find it inside yourself to post rationally then fine, if not you will be gone because your just being a troll and it's not warranted around here.

Thanks.