Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

Do some of these outlets claiming that if we do sign him he'll be playing against City really think he'd be thrown in to our biggest game of the season without a single training session? Really?

I did it on FIFA, my new signing scored 11 in one game. #reallifeactivity

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some of these outlets claiming that if we do sign him he'll be playing against City really think he'd be thrown in to our biggest game of the season without a single training session? Really?

You know the 'surprising' effect, sometimes could work. Also Cuadrado will be in 'crazy mode' to prove his worth immediately.

You know the 'surprising' effect, sometimes could work. Also Cuadrado will be in 'crazy mode' to prove his worth immediately.

Yeah, but José wouldn't disrepect Willian like that by immediately benching him for a new player.

Just imagine the buzz around here if we beat City (likely without a couple of our best players) we go 8 points clear, and have a shiny new toy ready for the next match. This could be a fantastic weekend.

Yeah, but José wouldn't disrepect Willian like that by immediately benching him for a new player.

Just imagine the buzz around here if we beat City (likely without a couple of our best players) we go 8 points clear, and have a shiny new toy ready for the next match. This could be a fantastic weekend.

Of course not as a starter mate. As a sub it is really possible.

Talks between #CFC and #Fiorentina have stepped up over the past 24 hours. Chelsea were closing in on the deal last night (Evening Standard)

As part of the Cuadrado negotiations, Chelsea have offered to pay cash + agree to loan Salah to them for 18 months. (Evening Standard) #CFC

Both Salah and Schurrle were at training yesterday, but the latter is on the verge of a return to the Bundesliga. #CFC (Evening Standard)

Despite claims to the contrary, Wolfsburg have made a £23.5m offer [for Schurrle], while #BVB are also keen. (Evening Standard) #CFC

Chelsea continues to push for Juan Cuadrado. The parts are in continuous contact, negotiation proceeds sent and - thanks to the work of the outside Colombian agent, Alessandro Lucci - there seem to be all the conditions for the transaction can close quickly. Also close to the Economic Agreement between the Blues and the outside of Fiorentina, understanding on how to engage that will not be a problem. Mourinho can smile, Cuadrado closer.

His wages better be low!, a player of this calibre isn't worth what we're paying, might as well wait and compete with Bayern/City for Reus in the summer.

If his wages are around the ~65k p/w mark, we won't suffer any extra FFP hit over Schurrle's current £7.9m (assuming it is Schurrle who's leaving). Going by our excellent financial track record with recent squad role signings though, I'd wager he'll make much below that.

Salah and Schurrle out but only Cuadrado in. Concerns me.

As others have said, we may still be trying to get Douglas Costa as well. Shakhtar's CEO has apparently said that negotiations with us are ongoing, and that the situation should be resolved (one way or another) within the next 2-3 days.

As others have said, we may still be trying to get Douglas Costa as well. Shakhtar's CEO has apparently said that negotiations with us are ongoing, and that the situation should be resolved (one way or another) within the next 2-3 days.

I'd rather us use the squad place to get Sissoko from Newcastle in truth. We need replacements for Matic.

I'd rather us use the squad place to get Sissoko from Newcastle in truth. We need replacements for Matic.

He'd be a fantastic signing.

Unfortunately, it's much more likely that José would just play Ramires on the wing if necessary.

Whilst it is true that we need a squad player who is capable of being a genuine like-for-like replacement for Matic, I'm not convinced that Sissoko would be the right fit. He could replace either Mikel or Ramires should we end up moving one of them on in the summer, however.

Edit: I quite like the look of Gonalons at Lyon; I think he could serve us well as the 'Matic back-up' in the squad.

Salah and Schurrle out but only Cuadrado in. Concerns me.

If we're talking about squad numbers, then yes. Selling 2 and buying only 1 is concerning. But if it's about utilizing the player, then I'm not sure if it's exactly a concern given Salah has hardly played anyway. After all, we've pretty much been operating with only 3-4 AMs this season. Mourinho could throw Ramires or even Remy out wide if needed.