Liverpool v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can easily win this if we play like we did last 10 of the first half. Keep it more compact at the back. Close them down much quicker when they get into our half. Improve on our finishing and it could be 2, 3 or even 4!!

Pretty bad performances by both teams, to be honest. That gap behind our holding midfielders.....really paying the price for not have a CB who can step up when needed.

Liverpool have massive gaps as well but they are stopping every counter with a foul but the ref just won't get his cards out. When we did get past them our finishing....

We'll capitalize eventually. Hazard has had some good and bad attempts at a goal but he's making his presence known either way.

Matic is a one man wrecking crew.

Cesc is slow in the pivot....great offensively but defensively it just isn't him. Tries but doesn't have the all out ability.

just noticed we have remy on the bench! WTH! bring him on in either a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2! with out the ball we essentially play a midfield four of eden cesc matic and ramires anyway. loads of movement up top is what the doctor ordered I feel. plus with the extra pace their defence will naturally fall deep, meaning we either get space in between the midfield or their midfield has to drop deep to, giving us the control. I think we would be able to get the break through either way

Really? Pass to Hazard for an open shot at goal. Pass to Rambo for another Hazard chance....wtf u watching?

he improved slightly at the end of the match, but still misplaced a lot of passes imo.

Hazard needs to work on his finishing asap. It's not about being Ronaldo, Messi, wanting to win Balon D'Or or those old stories. Given his general quality, his finishing is becoming embarrassing. Right now I feel it's more confidence than lack of quality or killer instinct. We (and he) desperately need him to score a good goal from open play so his confidence comes back. He's not a great finisher, but he's much better than he's been showing. And it's starting to cost us points... Yeah, he's the one who creates the chances, but if he's also the one that wastes them, then there's no point.

His second shot against the leg of Johnson was a pretty good shot imo, if it didn't hit the leg it would have been a goal.

hazard denied us? he shots has been blocked, the second shot was a goal if it wasnt been blocked

I doubt it was. You could see from the camera angle behind him, seemed scuffed. The boy needs to learn how to stick it in the top corner.

These are fucking shite and we're making them look half decent. Has anyone else noticed that Costa seems to be, nearly in fear of hitting it with his right? Noticed that he took more shots on his left when he came on against Maribor.

I'm watching BT sport and their half-time "analysis" is discussing 3 nothing calls, which they conclude are really nothing. What's the point? Scholes is the only one who wanted to actually analyze the match but he says his one statement and no one else has any input. Pathetic.