• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

Damn that was painful but who cares, it's November and we got three points, putting City under pressure. Anything can happen in derbies.

In some way, the game reminded me of our game against Portsmouth in 2009/10. The very same scenario.

Fucking great shout, Milan. That game was fucking massive in the grand scheme of things.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dominated them until they scored after a few lucky bounces. And then resumed dominating them. I have no problems with the performance, just hope we start scoring the 2nd and 3rd goal when we are dominating so much.

I also thought our pressing today was probably the best it's ever looked. We were crowding and overpowering and winning everything in the middle of the pitch. That performance deserved 3-4 goals, I really did think we were very good.

And, Oscar, what a goal! What a goal!!!

Spot on. I think off the ball we were the best i've ever seen this season. Offensively we were very casual at times after Oscar's goal. Not much intent was shown until Andre came in. Like we were overly relaxed because of our lead (surprise surprise eh?). But we had our chances and their GK responded well.

Nothing to worry about. Oscar MOTM for me. Not only that goal is sublime and has to be rewarded, but his pressing/work rate was impeccable.

November here we come :blue scalf:

Cesc, MOTM for me. I thought he was excellent throughout the match and even showed more energy and mobility than previous games. Played some really brilliant balls especially in the first half.

Hazard close second. Great game from him and he was a real bright spark in our attack. Costa was obviously no where near 100% though from the start. And just looked more tired and tired as the game went on. Oscar, despite the goal wasn't particularly great in the first half, imo. Miss placed too many passes for my liking.

Courtois must feel like shit. I feel so sorry him. The man has been brilliant but he can't get clean sheets because of our defensive mistakes.

It was his mistake tonight. He has no business palming the ball to there. Generally looked nervy throughout the second half.

Hazard....

We looked like last years team today, wasn't sure we were gonna get the right result. Very poor in the build up and no real quality in the final 3rd...

Hazard once again saves us.

What was wrong with the supporters today? was like a library in there.

Cesc, MOTM for me. I thought he was excellent throughout the match and even showed more energy and mobility than previous games. Played some really brilliant balls especially in the first half.

Hazard close second. Great game from him and he was a real bright spark in our attack. Costa was obviously no where near 100% though from the start. And just looked more tired and tired as the game went on. Oscar, despite the goal wasn't particularly great in the first half, imo. Miss placed too many passes for my liking.

It was his mistake tonight. He has no business palming the ball to there. Generally looked nervy throughout the second half.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Very Very difficult win... poor defence... many missed chances....

We weren't shit though. It was a difficult afternoon against a team who are fighting for their lives. We played some really good stuff at times and they came with a plan to just simply mix it up and get amongst us. Last season I would say we would of drew this 1-1, we got the win and it was deserved.

Football is a strange game, we will play worse and score more and vice-versa.

I think collective we were kinda shit. Even Jose said so after the game (obviously, not literally). I think we did well in certain areas but not for the whole 90 minutes. Our pressing was exquisite at times and non-existent at others.

I also thought we needed to be a whole lot more composed in the final third. In the first half we had one successful cross from something like 20+ attempts. Unacceptable.

He's right, though. We were out-sung by less than 2000 QPR fans. Honestly couldn't hear any chants from our lot at any time in the first half.

We are a trendy club for yuppies and tourists. We have the old faithful few that go every match and make noise but they are a minority

Goes back to the old argument " lower the price so the average fan can afford to go "

When will people realise that no teams are easy in the EPL

Yes we should be winning against the lower end teams but most will definitely make you work hard for the win

Maybe they are Real Madrid fans & they want to follow CFC. People new to EPL action aren't used to seeing Top sides challenged by the bottom sides, especially if they follow La Liga. Also, they probably are not familiar with London Derbies. The EPL is like beer. You might not like it after your first swig, but later on you can't get enough of it.

We are a trendy club for yuppies and tourists. We have the old faithful few that go every match and make noise but they are a minority

Goes back to the old argument " lower the price so the average fan can afford to go "

Completely agree. Just made the exact same argument in the Mourinho thread.

How can Bayern and Dortmund afford to have season tickets for less 100 Euros and we can't? We don't need to go that low, but we can half our prices, imo.