Jase

MOTM  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing performance - the opponent's quality doesn't matter when you decide to play like that from start to finish. We never sat on our lead. We looked for the goal the whole match. That's an attitude from a winning team.

I would give my MOTM to Hazard - who should have scored at least a hat-trick from open play - but I went with Aké because the kid has been marvelous while in the pitch. He filled the void left by Fabregas well. He was everywhere, tackling, tracking down players, pressing and that assist to Hazard was a deserved icing on the cake.

Amazing match by Luís supporting our attack. He's an entire different level compared to Azpili, but I still worry about him defensively in the EPL. He needs to toughen it up a few notches and I think he'll be quite tested comes Sunday - but hopefully we'll beat United.

Great team performance, Zouma seemed more collected, nice to have Cech cup tied - which means less teams will be willing to pay for him already in January (selfish, I know, but I want to keep him). We needed this kind of performance in the UCL after two first less than convincing matches. We need to be the leader of the group by the match against Sporting. So it was a shame Schalke could find a goal at the end. At the same time, that's Roberto, and I'm just happy for him.

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!! just wow!!! fantastic performance. unbelievable performance!!! we are playing some amazing, out of the world football at the moment and hope it continues.

cech - good performance. dealt with everything brilliantly. saved a penalty. still world class!!!

filipe - got a nice run in before the united match. is a handful going forward and defensively solid..

JT - how did he score in that counter. he is 33 years old. just brilliant!!! CLL. overall performance was awesome too.

zouma - good performance. no nonsense defending. and dealt with every threat very well.

iva - another brilliant performance. he keeps on showing why he DESERVES to be our no.1 RB. although he played more like a RW. next up will be ANGEL. will be very interesting to see that match up.

matic - awesome as usual. broke up play really well. used the ball well. poor penalty to concede though.

fab - was not as influential as usual. he gets some time off before the united match. with costa and remy injured, wont be suprised if he plays up top.

willian - brilliant performance. ran all thru the game. dribbling, link up play were really good. very unlucky as to not get a goal with that shot.

oscar - same as willian. workrate was phenomenal.

hazard - really dont have words to describe this performance. how? simply how did he do this? unbelievable performance. he was gliding/floating all over the field. the maribor defenders are going to have some sleepless nights.

remy - was really good till he was on the pitch. very unlucky to get the injury and specially in the way he did.

subs -

DD - showed he still has something to offer. held the ball beautifully. that clip to hazard was orgasmic. and DD scoring the goal was just the best thing that could happen to me.

ake - what a ball!!!! what a fucking beauty from the kid!!! even his overall performance was brilliant (though not that shot). hope he starts against shrewsbury.

Luis, Hazard and Willian had their best matches today. Luis is breath of fresh air, and a huge relief for Hazard because he offers so much in the overlap. Hazard while overthinking it a tad too much during most of the game, released his demons at the end and got a well deserved goal. Willian was our engine today, i think he saw every side of the pitch and yet it felt he could play for another hour. Unlucky that he didn't get on the scoresheet with the screamer that almost broke the goalbar, this performance will probably be forgotten by most people resulting in the status of "most underrated Chelsea player" he currently holds (does anyone really miss Schürrle?).

Zouma was also solid, and to cap it all of a perfect debut for Nathan Aké!

Honestly I don't think Maribor were bad at all, we just were incredible.

Actually, I think up until the penalty, they had managed to keep up very well. But once Didier scored, they had to abandon their defensive organization and we just picked them apart at will!

Willian was our engine today, i think he saw every side of the pitch and yet it felt he could play for another hour. Unlucky that he didn't get on the scoresheet with the screamer that almost broke the goalbar, this performance will probably be forgotten by most people resulting in the status of "most underrated Chelsea player" he currently holds (does anyone really miss Schürrle?).

Willian has an amazing ability of not being involved in the creation and finishing of chances. But Willian was excellent defensively and was strong in build-up play. And like you said, his energy is insane. I can't believe the amount of running this guy does in 1 game.

Di Maria will have a second shadow if he plays like this again vs Utd. Take out Di Maria and it should mean 3 points.

Willian has an amazing ability of not being involved in the creation and finishing of chances. But Willian was excellent defensively and was strong in build-up play. And like you said, his energy is insane. I can't believe the amount of running this guy does in 1 game.

Di Maria will have a second shadow if he plays like this again vs Utd. Take out Di Maria and it should mean 3 points.

he could be the perfect upgrade from Ramires if he had more end product. They have the same energy, are excellent defensively, but even Rami has more end product than Willian. But José and Willian admitted they're working on it, I hope José can at least make him match Rami's end product level, because he's much more technical than Rami and doesn't have the fuck-up moments Ramires sometimes has (both hot temper and wtf passes).

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!! just wow!!! fantastic performance. unbelievable performance!!! we are playing some amazing, out of the world football at the moment and hope it continues.

cech - good performance. dealt with everything brilliantly. saved a penalty. still world class!!!

filipe - got a nice run in before the united match. is a handful going forward and defensively solid..

JT - how did he score in that counter. he is 33 years old. just brilliant!!! CLL. overall performance was awesome too.

zouma - good performance. no nonsense defending. and dealt with every threat very well.

iva - another brilliant performance. he keeps on showing why he DESERVES to be our no.1 RB. although he played more like a RW. next up will be ANGEL. will be very interesting to see that match up.

matic - awesome as usual. broke up play really well. used the ball well. poor penalty to concede though.

fab - was not as influential as usual. he gets some time off before the united match. with costa and remy injured, wont be suprised if he plays up top.

willian - brilliant performance. ran all thru the game. dribbling, link up play were really good. very unlucky as to not get a goal with that shot.

oscar - same as willian. workrate was phenomenal.

hazard - really dont have words to describe this performance. how? simply how did he do this? unbelievable performance. he was gliding/floating all over the field. the maribor defenders are going to have some sleepless nights.

remy - was really good till he was on the pitch. very unlucky to get the injury and specially in the way he did.

subs -

DD - showed he still has something to offer. held the ball beautifully. that clip to hazard was orgasmic. and DD scoring the goal was just the best thing that could happen to me.

ake - what a ball!!!! what a fucking beauty from the kid!!! even his overall performance was brilliant (though not that shot). hope he starts against shrewsbury.

Cech didn't save it, the ball hit the post

My kind of result. Love it! :D

I know we totally out matched the competition tonight (anyone else do a double take at times since Maribor was wearing basically our away kit?), but great to see the club come out and just stomp someone from start to finish. Never saw this last year.

Hazard was everywhere it seemed and glad to see him "get in" a couple of times. Remy's injury only bad news from the night. Word on his injury? Looked like a groin, which can linger.

No excuses for not winning this group. Basically comes down to the match at Schalke on 25th November,

Come on you Chelsea! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Hazard was absolutely incredible tonight...like he was playing a different game than Maribor. Doesn't show up on the stat sheet but Willian's work ethic is truly appreciated. Guy is constantly buzzing all over the pitch.

he could be the perfect upgrade from Ramires if he had more end product. They have the same energy, are excellent defensively, but even Rami has more end product than Willian. But José and Willian admitted they're working on it, I hope José can at least make him match Rami's end product level, because he's much more technical than Rami and doesn't have the fuck-up moments Ramires sometimes has (both hot temper and wtf passes).

Yeah, but I do see him growing. Or better said, he's been in a better run of form lately. I've been very critical of Willian but I already find him much better for the team in his current form. He's not holding on to the ball as much, he's playing the ball quicker, his passing is more vertical and he's a lot more involved.

If he can just add more invention to his game and take more risks. A high pass completion % and hardly losing a ball is only a good thing when your play is positive and you're a real attacking threat. It's okay to loose a ball here and there and be a bit sloppy (in attacking positions of course), at least you're trying to make something happen.

Attacking runs off the ball would be very welcome as well. Willian hardly does that.

Yeah, but I do see him growing. Or better said, he's been in a better run of form lately. I've been very critical of Willian but I already find him much better for the team in his current form. He's not holding on to the ball as much, he's playing the ball quicker, his passing is more vertical and he's a lot more involved.

If he can just add more invention to his game and take more risks. A high pass completion % and hardly losing a ball is only a good thing when your play is positive and you're a real attacking threat. It's okay to loose a ball here and there and be a bit sloppy (in attacking positions of course), at least you're trying to make something happen.

Attacking runs off the ball would be very welcome as well. Willian hardly does that.

I see his growth too and I think it comes with having one season under his belt and getting used to the league, the style and the team.

his end product though still lacks. He's much more useful now than he was last season and he's been better, and I can see him improving even more in the aspects he already did (objectivity, understanding with our other players, link-up). I separate that growth from the end product growth he seriously needs.