• Oscar
    • Schurrle
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Willian (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

Loved this from the pundits at MNF:

“They’ve got every single thing you look for. Can they counter-attack? Yes. Can they keep possession and control a game? Yes. Have they got dribblers? Yes. Have they got passers? Yes. Can they fight you? Yes. Are they good at set pieces? Yes. Have they got a good goalkeeper? Yes.

It will be hard to beat Chelsea and City this season. But just what if suddenly Costa and Cesc get injured? Back to same old Chelsea with Mikel and Ramires??

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be hard to beat Chelsea and City this season. But just what if suddenly Costa and Cesc get injured? Back to same old Chelsea with Mikel and Ramires??

Ya injuries do suck, what do you propose we do? buy more players to sit on the bench... Just in case.

I think you're wrong.

agreed. There is no way we will defend as well as last season simply because we are going to have fewer players committed to defending in our team.

The defenders will be far more exposed. Huge season for our defense players and huge test on JT's fitness.

maybe we should sell the ones on the bench so that no one sits on it...........

Ya in a perfect world Torres would be off to serbia right now and mikel would be in Australia... The world isn't a perfect place so we're stuck with what we got, oh the horror!

The pressing system is the same, the fullbacks play in the same zone than last year, only change is Ramires/Lampard->Fabregas as the box-to-box player. I think our pressing will be even better thanks to Costa. They bypassed the midfield zone yesterday by using longs balls so we couldn't press like we always do but they are practically no team who plays 442 with two big strikers who can challenge Gary-JT in the air.

A great game overall.

I smiled when Burnley opened the scoreline. That's the Premier League I love where anybody can surprise. They started agressively and really wanted to prove themselves, but it was always just a matter of how long they could keep that level. The rest of the game was firmly in our hands.

Really glad for Costa to score his first league goal in his first league match. I expect him to score at least 20 league goals this season and now we're one step closer to that. The yellow card was a poor decision though.

Really glad for Schürrle to start the game and score that beauty. Goal of the season contender already in the first game!

Really glad for Fabregas for his two assists and overall performance. Such class. Just to think that Arsenal turned him down and United did not fight enough to get him. The signing of the summer.

Second half was not bad by any means but just a bit boring. We controlled the game but not much happened. At one point I started to wonder if Costa was still on the pitch because I had not noticed him for a long time. But on the other hand I'm glad nothing happened. No need to risk with injuries (or more bad refereeing) in the season opener.

Woke up still grinning about that Cesc assist :D

Are you two hitting on my wife?! Banned.

You realize that, as an Arab, I now have the right to hang you by your junk over my house?

Watch your backs, boys...

@Barbara, honey, you want me to hang them by their junk?

seriously? is there such a thing?

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

kisses on you, luv

Amazing performances from the players and really happy for the 3 points in the not so welcomed Turf Moor.
And of course excellent atmosphere from the away fans :) Amazing support from our fans again on AWAY fixture.Hope the atmosphere will be on better level this season on SB too.

Absolutely amazing yesterday!

His assist from a volley for Andre’s goal was something out of this world!

Don’t watch it if you don’t want to be sick. :)

Not watching — not worried — he’ll be on the bench soon enough …

Champs league today

Don't think I need to say which team he supports... :)

Isn't it a bit early for Champions League... :)

seriously? is there such a thing?

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

kisses on you, luv

Shhhh. I'm trying to maintain an image of a strong/barbaric Arab guy. Play along. :ph34r:

Although, do you seriously want to see pics of men hanged by their junk! :blink: I worry about you sometimes, honey :P

My favorite was from the post match interview with Sean Dyche: "We scored a goal but it looked like it only made them angry!" :lol:

I smiled when Burnley opened the scoreline. That's the Premier League I love where anybody can surprise. They started agressively and really wanted to prove themselves, but it was always just a matter of how long they could keep that level. The rest of the game was firmly in our hands.

Really? They started off brightly and all I thought was 'here we go again...'. Costa's goal was such a relief.

Shhhh. I'm trying to maintain an image of a strong/barbaric Arab guy. Play along. :ph34r:

Although, do you seriously want to see pics of men hanged by their junk! :blink: I worry about you sometimes, honey :P

My favorite was from the post match interview with Sean Dyche: "We scored a goal but it looked like it only made them angry!" :lol:

You can keep the ugly part of it blurred. That's mean, but in some cases I think it's fitting, but not with the nice guys here. They're just nice to me.

And what I love the most about you is how sweet and cute you are. [emoji7]

Really? They started off brightly and all I thought was 'here we go again...'. Costa's goal was such a relief.

Well, yeah. I'm not going to lie, it put a grin on my face. Obiously not because we were behind, but mostly because the league was back on. Don't get me wrong. We were playing well and were going to win the match anyway, my emotions would have been the opposite had they done it 15 minutes before the full time.