• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Schurrle
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Willian (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

I really need to take a shower after that Fabregas performance. And Ivanovic, what can I say. The lad is a legend. His strong mentality is second to none.

I can't blame Courtois for that goal. It was just poor marking and all our defenders did was block his view.

I really like Ramires but if was in The situation Fabregas was in the second goal he would find a way to get a red card then make the pass. :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful team, beautiful performance enjoyed every minute of the game, knowing we were in control the who time. Cesc diego and thibo are amazing and Ivan was class. Hazard played beautifully, matic is a tank, terry and Cahill were solid. Oscar was so so and Shirley looks better and better each day. This team can win the league with games to spare.

I haven't seen us score a goal as good as Schurrle's one in a very long time. I still can't get over it right now. What a goal.

Reminds me of the Anelka Deco Lampard Drogba goal vs Bolton

anyone find mach of the day highlights yet if so please post...

Edited by bluesman2610

thanks, mate.

edit: oh, I loved the angle they had by Cesc's side in the corner assist. you can see the ball's trajectory perfectly. Amazing stuff by Cesc

Back off bro, she's mine.

am I? I thought Schurrle was yours :P

thanks, mate.

edit: oh, I loved the angle they had by Cesc's side in the corner assist. you can see the ball's trajectory perfectly. Amazing stuff by Cesc

am I? I thought Schurrle was yours :P

Correct. You, Schurrle, Thibaut, Cesar and Petr (I'm on a first name basis now, the love is real)

What a complete performance. We needed to up our performance in the first half after goong down a goal. We did it brilliantly. In the second half we needed to close out the game and we did that brilliantly too.

We were barely troubled in defence. Set the pace of the match thruout the match. Fabregas, iva, schurrle and matic we're just awesome.

Thibaut- I thought he could have done better for the goal. Seemed to be taken by suprise by the shot. Nonetheless, a solid performance.

Iva- and then people were cribbing that he was started. A goal, an assist and an awesomr performance was his answer.

Gc-JT - solid as ever. Barely let anything be played behind them. Dealt with any aerial threat with aplomb. The high line barely seens to faze them.

Azpi- at 1-0 there was a point where he put his head on the ball near the box. Was critical that we don't go 2-0 down. Linked up well with hazard too.

Matic- a very makelele performance. A very matic-esque performance. Ran the game. Set the pace. Was just perfect.

Cesc- what can I say. I hate this guy and he is making me fall in lovr with him. That backheel to iva, thatvolleyed thru ball yo schurrle. I mean who puts a volleyed thru ball. 2 assists in a match whilr oscar had 2 in the whole year for us. This guy was my MOTM and the performance was as near perfect as u can get.

schurrle- this guy is just so bloody lovable. Ran behind the defence at every situation possible. There was an air ball from azpi (I think) where he made a diagonal run. No suprise he is almost always on the score sheet when he starts. Keep it shirley.

Oscar- brilliant workrate but nothing special. His position might be in jeapordy when rambo comes back as cesc can definitely play the no.10.

Hazard- good gane. A couple of brilliant runs like the one to costa goal. Needs to be more decisive around the box and take a few shots too

Costa- a DD-esque performance. Got a goal, held the ball, was a pain in the ass all night for defenders, should have had a pen instead got a yellow for simulation. Just the guy we need and want.

Subs-

Willian - we were in cruise control mode by the time he cane in. Barely got a touch and got it nore in our half than theirs.

Mikel- perfect guy to close the gane and kill any tempo.

DD- he might not be as pacy or as great a player as he was in 2007-10 but he showed he has still got it. Won about half the aerial balls with an EASE that only he can do. Almost had a DD moment where a nothing ball from courtois almost turned into the goal. He will be fine as our second striker here.

First game in the books and we looked fantastic! Definitely looking like a side that on its day will be very, very, very tough to play against... Kudos to Jose and the staff for drilling these players and getting them to play some wonderful one touch football while still being a solid unit.

- Thought Courtois had no chance on the goal and made one world class save in the 2nd half; he needs to work on his distribution on clearances he was just above poor in that area.

- If there is one player who I thought didn't really perform up to his standards it would be Cahill, he looked so uncomfortable out there and made a few errors as well.

- JT was okay... We're playing with a much higher line and I worry that he may struggle in games where the opposition are better at getting in behind.

- Azpilicueta was fine, never played a foot wrong! It will take some doing to supplant him from the starting XI. Thought there was a nice exchange in the 1st half between he, Hazard and Oscar, looked like we were trying to get more numbers in around Hazard to free him up. Almost worked too....

- Brana was a beast once again! He too will be hard to supplant because he allows us to play with a more flexible lineup and he is a target for our clearances and set pieces... Gonna be interesting to see who comes out if/when Luis gets in.

- Matic was Matic... just solid in every way he is making it easier to play the possession game Jose has been attempting because he can pass it and win it back too! He provides a great deal of defensive cover for Cesc which will make us so much more potent in attacking areas.

- Cesc Fabregas is rightly man of the match! He had something like 103 touches and really was pulling the strings in the midfield with devastating effect. We FINALLY have a midfield maestro who can get the ball and link up the play. Loved how he played off Oscar too, they had great understanding and awareness of each other on the pitch.

- Oscar was ever so important in our shape and recycling. He's not quite up to speed yet but some of his intricate one touch passes left me feeling giddy. He will only get better it was a decent start to his campaign.

- Schurrle is a guy who I think will benefit the most from having Fab on the team. That run and pass for the 2nd was one of the best team goals I've ever seen Chelsea score. Its only a couple weeks in and we're already seeing good communication! Andre is the secondary striker in the 4-2-3-1 and he will score a LOT this year.

- Hazard is starting to round into form, a bit of luck and he may have gotten on the end of a Costa through ball and in on the goal. He drifted in and out of the game and last year when that happened it was disastrous, I have a feeling it won't be as important this year, Hazard's maturation can slow a bit given the players we've acquired to get results.

- Costa... Beast who is probably the most complete striker we've ever had. I'm a huge Drogba supporter but Costa seems to have everything except for elite level aerial ability.(I wonder if that's why we brought back Drogba.... hmmm?) he is obviously two-footed and great with both, so glad he got his first one out of the way early.

All in all its just game one but what I saw today was highly encouraging, if we continue to build on this performance we could have a very dangerous squad this year.

The away support was absolutely fantastic today as well! Loud and proud the whole way! Brilliant!

Fucking quality night at Turf Moor, the away support was immense. Talk about a goal waking a team up, so much so I took Burnley to score first and Chelsea to win in Coral outside the ground.

The crowd never stopped signing, and the players after giving away that early goal were totally superb. Fabregas was on another planet, and him sat in next to Matic is going the best midfield pairing this season by a long stretch. Matic just breaks everything up, he's like a fucking wall. Delighted for Costa, his touch into feet and link up play is immense, exactly the player we have craved.

I won't go into to much detail as I am going to write an article later.

Top away day, top support and one tired dad and lad. :D

UTC

Fucking quality night at Turf Moor, the away support was immense. Talk about a goal waking a team up, so much so I took Burnley to score first and Chelsea to win in Coral outside the ground.

The crowd never stopped signing, and the players after giving away that early goal were totally superb. Fabregas was on another planet, and him sat in next to Matic is going the best midfield pairing this season by a long stretch. Matic just breaks everything up, he's like a fucking wall. Delighted for Costa, his touch into feet and link up play is immense, exactly the player we have craved.

I won't go into to much detail as I am going to write an article later.

Top away day, top support and one tired dad and lad. :D

UTC

Did your son sing the Steve Gerrard chant? :D