Joao Miranda

sodasys

“I have some offers and we are negotiating,” he told Brazil’s Radio Espn.

“I have offers from Spanish and English leagues and from some less important ones too.

“My agent is in Europe to decide my future, my buy-out fee at Atletico Madrid is €30million, but that can be negotiated.”

140592972372721.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I have some offers and we are negotiating,” he told Brazil’s Radio Espn.

“I have offers from Spanish and English leagues and from some less important ones too.

“My agent is in Europe to decide my future, my buy-out fee at Atletico Madrid is €30million, but that can be negotiated.”

140592972372721.png

Last Updated: 13/06/14 12:31pm

Screw him, too old and expensive for my liking. Wait until next summer if Terry leaves/not get his contract renewed and Zouma...etc isn't up to it yet then we can sign someone like Benatia who will definitely be available. Maybe even the likes of Hummels, Subotic, Varane, Mangala(if he hasn't signed with City this summer), Marquinhos...etc too. No need to rush especially as our CB is our strongest position atm under Jose.

Quite comfortably? That is really stretching it. Miranda had an excellent season but so did Cahill. Can't see how you have concluded that. Cahill has kept on improving and last season was arguably the best CB in the league. I prefer his all round game compared to Miranda. I would take Cahill.

Miranda is a much better defender than Cahill (who, despite an excellent season, is inconsistent and reads the game very poorly). The difference is Atletico wasnt in anyone's radar before last season, so he was often overlooked...

Not that he would be my primary option (I think Hummels for 30mi would be better than Miranda at 20-25), but he is indeed more secure than Cahill and the fact he is 29yo is plus (he is experienced enough to replace JT when he needs a rest while still leaving room for our young promises to develop).

Whoever thinks we can go to a season with only 2 top level CBs is lunatic or doesnt know a single thing about football!

I really dont see nothing wrong with this supposed deal to be quite honest.

Miranda is a much better defender than Cahill (who, despite an excellent season, is inconsistent and reads the game very poorly). The difference is Atletico wasnt in anyone's radar before last season, so he was often overlooked...

Not that he would be my primary option (I think Hummels for 30mi would be better than Miranda at 20-25), but he is indeed more secure than Cahill and the fact he is 29yo is plus (he is experienced enough to replace JT when he needs a rest while still leaving room for our young promises to develop).

Whoever thinks we can go to a season with only 2 top level CBs is lunatic or doesnt know a single thing about football!

I really dont see nothing wrong with this supposed deal to be quite honest.

I really can't pick out that much games if any at all where I would say he was poor last season. I can't really criticise Miranda as I have not watched him closely but in the games where I have seen him he has been excellent and I have heard good reviews about him over the season. So I would not slate someone for saying Miranda is better but stating he is much better than Cahill, I completely disagree. Cahill was fantastic last season. I think his reading of the game has improved big time and his tackling/interceptions have also improved very much. Cahill's form has been so consistent for me that I have him as one of our first names on the team sheet. I think in general, Cahill is one of the best all round defenders in the game. That is just my opinion.

But I agree with the bolded part. Terry is 33 and while he is still a quality CB he will need to be rested once in a while. Ivanovic has looked solid at CB when he has played but we have not seen him there on a consistent basis. If Terry or Cahill get an injury next season then we have Ivanovic or Zouma for instance covering and they make mistakes, people will be questioning why we never bought another CB. Especially if Mourinho wants to make a serious challenge for all honours next season we would be well prepared with having 3 quality CB.

Likelihood is that if Terry leaves/retires after this season we will sign a CB anyway because I think it will be a while before Mourinho trusts Zouma/Omeruo/Kalas or whoever to be a consistent first team starter. Considering the fixtures and especially the Christmas period it definitely would help if we had another CB like him. We have got the money as well and I would feel even more content than I already am with an addition of another top CB.

• 2 weeks later...

You really seem to have it in for Mourinho.

Well football is about opinions and I believe that Mourinho is past it and his decision making has become poor by the years. Its just my opinion no need to force it on anyone

This rumor makes no sense whatsoever.... we've got too many non-homegrown players and would be acquiring yet another one?!

And if it is to improve over the current CBs, then we'd be going for Godin, not Miranda; unless this is more about characteristics than quality.

Still don't buy this one.

Thai is one of those 'gaurin' rumours to drive the price of another target down.

Mourinhos relationship with inter pres identity made those rumours. Our relationship ship with athletico are creating these. believe me we 're after a different centreback . Varane? Hummels?

Thai is one of those 'gaurin' rumours to drive the price of another target down.

Mourinhos relationship with inter pres identity made those rumours. Our relationship ship with athletico are creating these. believe me we 're after a different centreback . Varane? Hummels?

Or maybe Benatia.

August should be fun.

Rather wait till next summer and get someone like Hector Moreno or Subotic.

Hector Moreno are you joking???

I dont know why we are going for a 29 year old CB, typical mourinho always short sighted

Short sighted? Most of the squad is young, we need players who are in their best years to help the team get better and also pass on experience and help the younger guys. Hes being anything but short sighted.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You