Chanting Grant's Name?

do you think at the end of the match today no matter how it goes do you not think we should so some apprecation and chant his name, at the end of the day its still been a good season and no matter what people think of him he's still done a good job against all the odds,i think myself that this could be his last home game for us(or maybe not) so personally i would like to say cheers avram and thanks for a good season :clap::clap::clap:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it could happen, but tbh I think Grant has been through quite a lot. Maybe some appreciation on the big arena would do good for him. I don't like a human being beaten always (even if I don't like them).

It was chanted today..only when he came around though

And his kids..least think they were his kids with the 'We lovw Avram dont sack him blah blah' well you would say that he's your dad!

Didnt think they'd be crowd crushish to shake his hand..never saw that coming

Edited by Laylabelle

I totally dont get it, we havent finished any better off in the league than we did last season and if we fuck up in Moscow then we'll finish with even less. That blokes name would never be chanted by me unless there was an F next to it.

I totally dont get it, we havent finished any better off in the league than we did last season and if we fuck up in Moscow then we'll finish with even less. That blokes name would never be chanted by me unless there was an F next to it.

F*** *** Grant ? :whistling:

We still had a good season tho. Even if we dont win fuck all, it's been a great effort by all even tho we might end up with as many trophies as Arsenal, West Ham and Fulham. 2nd in the league, Carling Cup Finalists, Champions League finalists (and maybe winners), FA Cup quarter Finalists.....it couldve looked amazingly better but it had more chance of looking a whole lot worse earlier on.

Couldnt of dreamt of this 10 years back, even 5 years back. Ok Jose shouldnt of got sacked, yes great, we all know but we can't do fuck all.

Summer will be very interesting.

On another day, with a bit of fortune on our side, we could be going into next week's final with both the Community Shield and the Carling Cup. On another day, we may not have drew at home to Everton, Villa, Wigan and Bolton due to last-minute goals, and Spurs away, too, we could be Premier League champions. On another day, we'd have demolished Barnsley and reached the FA Cup semi-finals. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, and looking back at what we have achieved and what we still can win, you can't possibly say this season has been a poor one. Some fantastic memories, such as beating United, Arsenal and Liverpool, and Man City as well, and some pretty slick football when we needed to play. Avram has done okay - he has exceeded all expectation and will walk out of this job with respect from a lot of the Chelsea fans. Although at this moment in time, if I was told that Grant would stay put for another season, I would feel a lot more positive than had I been told that two or three months ago.

It was chanted today..only when he came around though

And his kids..least think they were his kids with the 'We lovw Avram dont sack him blah blah' well you would say that he's your dad!

Didnt think they'd be crowd crushish to shake his hand..never saw that coming

Oh, the crowd chanted his name? Are you serious?

Well the guy deserves some credit. I know its Jose's squad, bla bla...but what we went through this season is incomparable. Best Manager sacked, our top players injured for lenghty periods, AFNC, And we took the Man Utd side right down to the wire in the league and for the first time ever made it to the Finals of UCL, and still got a chance to win. All this cannot be possible if there was animosity or hatred in the dressing room. His subs have been spot on in the last 2 months. We managed to beat Man Utd and Liverpool in space of 4 days. I saw theplayers after we won against Liverpool and Man Utd, they shook his hands and hugged him with broad smiles. All is well there as far as I am concerned and it is about time people stop the Jose-Grant comparisons and look to the Finals of Moscow and get behind the team and manager.

Totally agree we need to forget Jose, the comparisons get on my bloody nerves now tbh. And I'll be right behind the team for the CL final as I'm behind them in every game but as for Grant, he can still fuck off as far as Im concerned.

I can't believe I'm reading some of this stuff!

1. We could still end up trophyless, then everyone will be calling him a cunt again.

2. Has everyone forgotten the dismal football we were playing prior to the last month? The middlesbrough match was only a month ago!!!!

3. I'll say it for the millionth time, it has been a very weak domestic season ie; Spurs winning the CC which we may as well not have showed up for, Cardiff and Portsmouth in the FA cup final and United winning the league whilst still losing 5 games, yet we still havn't managed to tie up any silverware yet.

I'll be as happy as the next chap if we win the Champions league which we are more than capable of doing, but we have had a poor season when you look at how wide open all of the domestic competitions have been for one of the big four to clean up. I don't wish harm on him but this season has been poor and mostly because of Grant's bumbling tactics. Once we lose alot of the squad and replace them with Grant's players (if he remains in his current position) we can all lokk forward to an Arsenal type situation where we go four seasons without a trophy but get to a few finals and finish second in the league every so often.

everyone in media land reckons we should be having a love in with grant for making us soooo great. am not buying it. i will say that we do need to move on from jose. but frankly some of our performances have been dismal jesus i mean take yesterday take the last few weeks if it comes to it , with the expection of the champions league run we havent exactley been in spankling good league league form we let too many leads slip by our continual sit back on one nil routine and it has cost us the title and if arsenal hadnt have combusted then we would have been third. the team needs a shake up and i think it needs a management shake up too. grant is crap at management but he has been carried by quality players. i can except that people make mistakes , his big one cost us the league cup but if you can get players motivated to beat barnsley in the fa cup when there is only portsmouth left from the top division then you need to seriously think about changing the managment team that match for me was the worst i have seen them play for years.