Chanting Grant's Name?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol apparently we've had a weak domestic season. 2nd in the premiership and only lost 3 games. FA Cup quarter Finalists where we lost on a mud bath shit hole of a pitch and Carling Cup finalists. What a SHOCKING domestic season :lol: As for "Dismal" Performances......we had many "Dismal" performances with Jose too. I'm only against Grant because a team like Chelsea deserves a bigger name and prior to his appointment i didnt know him from adam. I'm actually trying to think what he has actually done wrong. Maybe the tactics in the CC Final but well, all managers make mistakes. Look at when we lost to Fulham in 05/06....that was down to Jose's tactical bollock up. In fact, all this "We wouldn't go 1-0 up to tottenham under Jose and lose" is actually bull as in 06/07 we like, kinda did. no1 knows of we woulda played well or shit or won or lost under Jose, it was the players on the pitch that quite simply didnt perform and they we're pretty much the same players who jose wouldve played except Anelka.

Anyway, i don't really want Avram again next year as hes still not a name worthy of the team i love but if he is still here, i wont exactly be devastated because hes done nothing wrong. The few things he has done wrong in the past, he has learned from imo.

Edited by OllieCFC

lol apparently we've had a weak domestic season. 2nd in the premiership and only lost 3 games. FA Cup quarter Finalists where we lost on a mud bath shit hole of a pitch and Carling Cup finalists. What a SHOCKING domestic season :lol: As for "Dismal" Performances......we had many "Dismal" performances with Jose too. I'm only against Grant because a team like Chelsea deserves a bigger name and prior to his appointment i didnt know him from adam. I'm actually trying to think what he has actually done wrong. Maybe the tactics in the CC Final but well, all managers make mistakes. Look at when we lost to Fulham in 05/06....that was down to Jose's tactical bollock up. In fact, all this "We wouldn't go 1-0 up to tottenham under Jose and lose" is actually bull as in 06/07 we like, kinda did. no1 knows of we woulda played well or shit or won or lost under Jose, it was the players on the pitch that quite simply didnt perform and they we're pretty much the same players who jose wouldve played except Anelka.

Anyway, i don't really want Avram again next year as hes still not a name worthy of the team i love but if he is still here, i wont exactly be devastated because hes done nothing wrong. The few things he has done wrong in the past, he has learned from imo.

Erm, I said the domestic season has been weak and I can't see how anyone can argue with that. Tottenham who finished 11th in the league won the Carling Cup, Portsmouth and Cardiff competing in the FA cup final and UTD winning the league whilst losing 5 games. Thats poor, with a decent tactician in charge we would made a much better fight of the CC final simply by not employing Anelka on the wing and leaving Joe cole on the bench for the majority of the match. We could've played on sand and I would still be demanding a Chelsea win against Barnsley, there is no fucking excuse for losing to them other than the players not being motivated for whatever reason (the managers job to motivate them or drop the fuckers who couldn't be motivated). And as for Grant not doing anything wrong Hmmmm......try still urging the team to attack with 7 players with 2 minutes to go 1-0 up against Wigan to draw 1-1 add that to the CC final and Barnsly and I think he has done loads wrong. He's done better in recent weeks but it was too little too late. He isn't good enough.

Getting to the quarters in the FA cup final then going out to Barnsley when the only Premiership side left in the competition is not a good season.

Getting to the CC final and getting beaten by Tottenham because we hardly tried is not a good season.

Drawing against villa at home 4-4 when we were 4-3 up with a minute to go is not a good season.

Drawing away at Spurs 4-4 when we were 4-3 up with a minute to go is not a good season.

Drawing at home to Wigan when we were 1-0 up with two minutes to go is not a good season.

Its all relative Ollie if we had lost to Man utd, or Arsenal or Liverpool in the CC final after trying really hard with tactics spot on, if we had gone out of the FA cup at Quarter final stage to one of the top four when we tried really hard with tactics spot on, if we had lost the league to Utd because they went on a 10 game winning streak at the end and we faultered once or twice it would have been a better season.

Erm, I said the domestic season has been weak and I can't see how anyone can argue with that. Tottenham who finished 11th in the league won the Carling Cup, Portsmouth and Cardiff competing in the FA cup final and UTD winning the league whilst losing 5 games. Thats poor, with a decent tactician in charge we would made a much better fight of the CC final simply by not employing Anelka on the wing and leaving Joe cole on the bench for the majority of the match. We could've played on sand and I would still be demanding a Chelsea win against Barnsley, there is no fucking excuse for losing to them other than the players not being motivated for whatever reason (the managers job to motivate them or drop the fuckers who couldn't be motivated). And as for Grant not doing anything wrong Hmmmm......try still urging the team to attack with 7 players with 2 minutes to go 1-0 up against Wigan to draw 1-1 add that to the CC final and Barnsly and I think he has done loads wrong. He's done better in recent weeks but it was too little too late. He isn't good enough.

Getting to the quarters in the FA cup final then going out to Barnsley when the only Premiership side left in the competition is not a good season.

Getting to the CC final and getting beaten by Tottenham because we hardly tried is not a good season.

Drawing against villa at home 4-4 when we were 4-3 up with a minute to go is not a good season.

Drawing away at Spurs 4-4 when we were 4-3 up with a minute to go is not a good season.

Drawing at home to Wigan when we were 1-0 up with two minutes to go is not a good season.

Its all relative Ollie if we had lost to Man utd, or Arsenal or Liverpool in the CC final after trying really hard with tactics spot on, if we had gone out of the FA cup at Quarter final stage to one of the top four when we tried really hard with tactics spot on, if we had lost the league to Utd because they went on a 10 game winning streak at the end and we faultered once or twice it would have been a better season.

Sums our season up perfectly.

Sums our season up perfectly.

yes, I agree. We ALMOST won the Carling Cup, and probably would have done if Grant hadn't made a cunt of himself. And to lose to Rottenham, of all teams, is frankly unforgivable. The defeat to Barnsley in the FA Cup was fucking shocking. To have to hold on for dear life at home to Wigan and Bolton is simply pathetic, and rank bad tactics.

Apart from possibly three games (West Ham away, Bin Dippers and Man Ure at home) the league performance's I thought was mundane at best. If the Arse hadn't slumped badly and Man Ure hadnt almost folded in the last few weeks then we would have been a very distant third. I know we horsed Derby and Citeh at home but they were both pitiful showings from both teams.

Despite all this, What we do have is a good few leaders in our squad and, As long as JT is fit, I'm pretty confident about Moscow :smiliecap1:

Domestic Season has been weak?..Are you kidding me?...No, seriously mate....are you kidding me?

Manchester United: 87

Chelsea: 85

Arsenal:83

Portsmouth beating Manchester United in FA Cup at OT

Spurs beating Chelsea in the Finals..(irrespective of their league standings. As liverpool won the UCL while being 5th in the league)

Manchester United losing 5 games.

And you say Domestic Season has been weak?

Which means the season where Arsenal won without losing a game has been tough? the season when Chelsea gathered 95 points has been the toughest ever? The season when Manchester United won the league and Arsenal won the FA cCup has been tougher?

Whats your definition of a tough domestic season? top 4 teams or top 3 teams winning everything?

And the question isnt a dig at you. I am quite eager to know what your definition of a "tough domestic season" is...

I think what he meant was that no team ran away with anything, a non-top 4 side won the Carling Cup and a non-top 4 side will win the FA Cup. Those two competitions really were there for the taking and we blew them big time. And the Premiership was won by the least amount of points since 2003.

Its been a fantastic season. If it was weak, it wouldve been the same old stuff again like all prem teams in the last 8 of both domestic cups, either Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal in the FA Cup final etc etc. Ok so Barnsleys little run was at our expense but they are a football team too and shouldnt just be taken for granted like they are a group of nobodies. The unpredictable seasons are great fun. Barnsley won at Anfield ffs. Its brilliant.

The prem being won by the least amount of points for a while says nothing either, just means it was tougher rather than being weaker, in 2004, Arsenal went unbeaten. In 2005, Chelsea lost just one. Thats what you call a weak premiership. No-one got everything their own way this season. 87, 85, 83....Thats probably the closest and toughest race since 98/99, great stuff.

Look at everyone going nuts over Man Utd's home form. What was it, 1 defeat, 2 draws and 16 wins? well what about our home form in 05/06. 18 wins and 1 draw (Marcus Bent you fucker). You cant beat that (well technically you can :P) 2 points dropped! Seems as tho sky and all pundits around the world forgot that one.

Edited by OllieCFC

Well Ollie your definition of weak is completely the opposite to his (if I am understanding what he means correctly).

And no its not brilliant that we lost to Barnsley. Fuck unpredictableness if its at our expense.

As a neutral, its brilliant. I'm not using any biased views. I'm looking at the season in a neutral stance. Its been an amazing season, end of story. As a Chelsea fan, the Barnsley result was the biggest disaster since watching us compete in the Uefa cup, but as a neutral, its what ppl love football for.

The point is, the domestic season was weak BECAUSE these other teams are really getting a look in, as opposed to the big 4 dominating. See it as the top 4 being weaker than previously, not the entertainment value being weaker - stuff the entertainment value, I want to see us win things.

^^^^....Me and Ollie view it as Half glass Full(season has been tough and competitive). You and CTC view it as Half Glass Empty.(season has been weak since top 4 teams have weakened)

Why not say, the weaker teams have played well this season and have given the top ones a run for their money.

Very much depends on your stand point. When I say weak domestic season I am looking at it from the top 4 falling foul to teams outside of that and even lower leagues ie; Luton v Liverpool, Barnsley doing us and Liverpool, 1 premiership team in the last 4 of the FA cup. You definitely could argue that the so called 'weaker teams' just improved their games this season however would that happen as often as it has this season if that was the case? Isn't it more likely that the top 4 have performed worse and allowed this to happen? Thats what I mean by a weaker domestic season which Ollie is correct in saying does make it better for the neutral.

Manure's season is interesting because they have one the tilte this year with a relatively lower amount of points than previous years, but their win % is actually the third highest they have achieved in all of Whiskey noses title wins. It possibily shows some inconsistency in their season, spanking teams 4-0 left right and centre and then really struggling against Blackburn and Middlesbrough, but that was where they were vulnerable and we could have taken advantage if we had showed the consistency that we had in previous seasons. Thats where I was coming from anyway, but Warnie is right I guess it could be a glass half full or half empty scenario.