This time next year...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm flabbergasted at some of the shit I've read here tonight. How can any so called Chelsea "supporters" second guess Jose Mourinho? The man doesn't need to win a trophy every year to be called successful. He is one of the best man managers in the world. I think I'd rather take the word of player's that have actually played for him then some moron, Torres fanboy or similar.

Since some of the brainless morons want to compare Jose with managers (can't bring myself to type his name) from the previous season. Here are our stats vs the best teams of this season. Keep in mind in 2012-2013 Liverpool were nowhere near the team they were this season, yet we struggled to take 2 point's off them. Even though United were weaker this season, Everton and City were both much stronger. Arsenal, well they're just shit every year..

2012-2013

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

Tottenham 2-4 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-3 Man united

Chelsea 1-1Liverpool

Chelsea 0-0 Man City

Everton 1-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea

Man United 0-1 Chelsea (United had already wrapped up the title)

Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham

Chelsea 2-1 Everton

19 goals scored 16 conceded

22 points taken from our rivals

2013-2014

Chelsea 2-1 Man city

Man City 0-1Chelsea

Chelsea 2-1Liverpool

Liverpool 0-2Chelsea

Man United 0-0Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Man united

Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal

Tottenham 1-1Chelsea

Chelsea 4-0Tottenham

Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-0 Everton

22 goals scored 4 conceded

27 points taken from our rivals

That's 1 loss in 12 massive games this season. I don"t know about you guys, but i'd much rather that then some shitty Budweiser Cup or Capital One cup. Those results make us undoubtedly the most feared team in England. I couldn't give a fuck what any of you say. City have the most expensive EPL team in history and Liverpool played 14 less games then us this season and we knocked them both off.

We missed out by a some stupid slip-up that nobody can blame Jose for.

For those who don't believe me, in 2012-2013

we drew with:

• QPR away
  • Swansea away
  • Fulham at home
  • Southhampton at home
  • Reading away.

Apart from the games we lost to the top teams, we also lost to:

• West Brom away
  • West Ham away
  • QPR at home
  • Newcastle away
  • Southhampton away

So the rot was there long before Jose even got here.

These are the cold hard facts. Do with them what you please.. Just leave Jose out of it..

BTW, Sorry for going off topic, What do i hope for this time next year? Premier League domination and a fair crack at the UCL again. Any else is a bonus.

I'm flabbergasted at some of the shit I've read here tonight. How can any so called Chelsea "supporters" second guess Jose Mourinho? The man doesn't need to win a trophy every year to be called successful. He is one of the best man managers in the world. I think I'd rather take the word of player's that have actually played for him then some moron, Torres fanboy or similar.

Since some of the brainless morons want to compare Jose with managers

Gary, your post was very detailed and a good read, but at the same time let's not throw insults in there. Your point could of been put across without doing that. People have differences of opinion whether you agree or not, but let's not roll out words such as the highlighted.

Thanks.

Since some of the brainless morons want to compare Jose with managers (can't bring myself to type his name) from the previous season. Here are our stats vs the best teams of this season. Keep in mind in 2012-2013 Liverpool were nowhere near the team they were this season, yet we struggled to take 2 point's off them. Even though United were weaker this season, Everton and City were both much stronger. Arsenal, well they're just shit every year..

2012-2013

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

Tottenham 2-4 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-3 Man united

Chelsea 1-1Liverpool

Chelsea 0-0 Man City

Everton 1-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea

Man United 0-1 Chelsea (United had already wrapped up the title)

Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham

Chelsea 2-1 Everton

19 goals scored 16 conceded

22 points taken from our rivals

2013-2014

Chelsea 2-1 Man city

Man City 0-1Chelsea

Chelsea 2-1Liverpool

Liverpool 0-2Chelsea

Man United 0-0Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Man united

Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal

Tottenham 1-1Chelsea

Chelsea 4-0Tottenham

Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-0 Everton

22 goals scored 4 conceded

27 points taken from our rivals

That's 1 loss in 12 massive games this season. I don"t know about you guys, but i'd much rather that then some shitty Budweiser Cup or Capital One cup. Those results make us undoubtedly the most feared team in England. I couldn't give a fuck what any of you say. City have the most expensive EPL team in history and Liverpool played 14 less games then us this season and we knocked them both off.

We missed out by a some stupid slip-up that nobody can blame Jose for.

For those who don't believe me, in 2012-2013

we drew with:

• QPR away
  • Swansea away
  • Fulham at home
  • Southhampton at home
  • Reading away.

Apart from the games we lost to the top teams, we also lost to:

• West Brom away
  • West Ham away
  • QPR at home
  • Newcastle away
  • Southhampton away

So the rot was there long before Jose even got here.

These are the cold hard facts. Do with them what you please.. Just leave Jose out of it..

BTW, Sorry for going off topic, What do i hope for this time next year? Premier League domination and a fair crack at the UCL again. Any else is a bonus.

Don't even know why you wasted your time pal, he was not worth this at all.

what logic is this?? your blaming him for things we didn't win but not crediting him for our wins?

This team we have now is more unbalanced than we were at this point last year. parking a bus isn't that hard

Hahaha, so you are bigging up Rafa and then (in a clear dig at Jose) say parking the bus isn't that hard, well you do realise Rafa tried that tactic at The Ethiad and we lost 2-0 and the score well and truly flatered us.
Im all for different opinions but when it becomes an agenda made up off myth's.

... more balanced? Umm.... no? We're better defensively and fixed holes. Rafa patched things, didn't fix them. Don't be ignorant.

rafa came in the middle of the season and he knew he was gonna be here for only 5months. he did what he had to do to win.

Hahaha, so you are bigging up Rafa and then (in a clear dig at Jose) say parking the bus isn't that hard, well you do realise Rafa tried that tactic at The Ethiad and we lost 2-0 and the score well and truly flatered us.
Im all for different opinions but when it becomes an agenda made up off myth's.

you didn't answer my question. all you said was Jose was better at parking the bus than Rafa

my only agenda here is to stop the bs that all our problems this year are due to Rafa messing our team up last year.

not really! being terrified of Man City under Rafa wasn't very exciting all! if you cant see how Jose spent the first 6 months of the season cleaning up Rafa's mess then i really dont know what more to say.

1. After the first 6 months we started playing in a shell.

2. Rafa took over Di Matteo's team and his only order was: "get us in the CL" which he did. He also won the Europa league.

3. I don't think Roman spends 70mil a year to play this defensive.

4. I can sit here and say Jose has created a mess by killing all the creativity we had.

5. Jose was allowed to bring in ~5 players, Rafa got 0

This isn't a Jose vs Rafa post because Jose is obviously the better coach, but I'm way more impressed with Rafa's job last year than what Jose was able to do this year

Lol you don't understand the point i was making.

please explain how the team is more unbalanced now??? :fainthv9:

and please explain how its easy to park the bus, when 90% of teams do it against Barca and Bayern and fail! or is it just easy for us to play that way, or are you just copying Rodgers pathetic comments after we beat Liverpool? :fainthv9:

1. We play very defensive now. Too defensive to be considered balanced in my opinion

2. ok, Its hard to park the bus.

Two scenarios:

1- If we win a big trophy, Mourinho will be considered a god, some members will be laughing at people who were saying bad words about Mourinho this season. (Mourinho job is safe as always, and he takes all the credits for the glories).

2- If we don't, some people will be questioning Mourinho even more, while some will be saying we improved a lot, and transition is a loooong process, and we will win everything in the subsequent season. (Mourinho is axed and the press start the bullshit about "stability" and the hunting for the right manager starts all over again).

We will all be a year older, and still posting a range of stultifyingly ill informed views here, in the futile belief that they are of potentially some importance.

Awesome quote :)

I might use that at work ;) - you should have trademarked it ;)

1. We play very defensive now. Too defensive to be considered balanced in my opinion

2. ok, Its hard to park the bus.

Please explain how on earth we play too defensive now??? we have created the 2nd most chances in the league, we have had the most shots in the league and average the most shots per game in the league, we are the 3rd highest scorers in the league and we average over 55% possession! yeah very defensive right.
Last season we only scored 4 more goals then this season! we also had more shots this season and averaged more shots per game this season and have averaged more possession this season then last season under Rafa/RDM! so i don't understand what this 'Rafa's team was more exiting to watch' claim is all about!
we used "negative" tactics in about 4 games in the entire season. Arsenal get so much praise for their "beautiful, exciting, football yet we scored more goals than they did! and had over 150 more shots then them. We only played negative football against certain opponents where we knew we didn't have the firepower up front to play all out attacking football like City and Liverpool.
You play to your strengths and that's exactly what Mourinho did. Everyone just follows this "Chelsea only play negative, ultra-defensive football" bandwagon like sheep.

you didn't answer my question. all you said was Jose was better at parking the bus than Rafa

my only agenda here is to stop the bs that all our problems this year are due to Rafa messing our team up last year.

Because you said parking the bus isn't that hard, well Rafa tried it, and we got hammered.