Hotseat 1: Henrique

Spike

Which guitar do you own? I also play guitar and I own Alhambra 3C.

Actually I play electric ones: Les Paul, Telecaster and SG. This is my favorite one:

xf3u.jpg

1) All time Chelsea XI. Have fun with that.

2) How many Chelsea shirts do you have?

3) Has your tendency to have strong opinions ever got you in trouble?

4) What would your WWE in ring name be?

1- Not sure if I'm the best to ask this question, I've been a fan for a decade, too early for that, I'm afraid.

2- I only have 3. I don't think its cool to wear football shirts when you are not practicing sports and that kind of stuff, its weird to wear a football shirt if you are going to a party or hanging out, but I want the 2012 UCL shirt.

What is your favorite candy?

I don't like candy. Too much sugar. :)

date of the new Terminator?

Its all up to Mourinho's performance next season.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?

I would less anxious.

I'm in Law school as well. What kind of law are you hoping to practice?

And what are your thoughts on the police strike in some of the cities that'll be hosting the world cup games?

Criminal law.

Thats a very sensitive subject. The police is doing this kind of thing because of one big event, I'm afraid they are not concerned about whats the best for people who are living in those cities.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I can only account for what I hear through OUR media outlets, which I wouldn't expect to be anywhere near the truth. But I am thinking about the political corruption, the police incursions in the favelas, the students rallies, the WC spendings etc.

WC spending is outrageous. One stats: brazilian average attendance is around 12.000. We are behind: Russia, Switzerland, Scotland, Japan, China, German 2nd division, Major League Soccer, English Championship, and the majority of the games are played in big football center like São Paulo, Rio, Belo Horizonte and Porto Alegre, but they are building HUGE stadiums in cities like Manaus, Natal and Cuiaba. In my city, Brasilia, we have the most expensive of the WC, and it can be the most expensive ever. Its a 70.000 people stadium, but we don't have a strong local league, the average attendance of the local competition is less than 1000 people. Thats right, less than 1.000 people, but they are using public money, my money to build that stadium. I think thats enough to unswear Rpmr question: I'm far from happy with the WC.

Abou the other subjects, its complicated. Every country around the world are hypercomplex societies. You need to understand the whole system to understand the corruption and police incursions in favelas, but i'm afraid most brazilians dont understand those things. Its easy to blame the politics for all the bad things happening, but Brazilians are essentially corrupted people. To be a better country we need to realize that we are part of the problem, as long as we keep blaming everyone else for our own flaws, we will stay in trouble.

I never did DMT, I have to admit I don't know what it means, but my psychedelic kind of thing is music and art. You don't need to do drugs to get psychedelic. Reality is as psychedelic as possible.

dmt is a substance that is actually produced in the human body, in small quantities when you dream, and in large quantities at the moment of death.. I havent used it either though.

but to say the truth I associate you with people who are here because of some players.

That is too bad. After all this time it has been you should know better. Of course people fall in love with a team because of certain players. I even said that in my introduction on here. It does not imply one cannot be totally smitten with a club as a result.

Very interesting read. I too am somewhat fascinated by San Francisco after seeing a documentary that was centered around the Golden Gate Bridge. It just looked beautiful. Also the steep streets with those prehistoric cable cars. Just looking at pictures makes me want to visit that place. Anyway...

Have you ever visited Europe? If you have, then what countries and how did you like them? What were the most obvious differences between them and Brazil? Did you encounter any European stereotypes (French women with hairy armpits, Austrian trannies with beards...)?

If you haven't visited Europe, then would you like to and which countries?

I have one Brazilian acquaintance who recently moved to Estonia, and he said that one thing he noticed was that doors open to the outside here, as opposed to inside in Brazil. I joked that it's a cultural difference, that over here it symbolizes our cold dislike of visitors and the door opening outside is a way of saying "go away, you're not welcome". While in Brazil it means the opposite - a warm welcome into your home. :D

Very interesting read. I too am somewhat fascinated by San Francisco after seeing a documentary that was centered around the Golden Gate Bridge. It just looked beautiful. Also the steep streets with those prehistoric cable cars. Just looking at pictures makes me want to visit that place. Anyway...

Have you ever visited Europe? If you have, then what countries and how did you like them? What were the most obvious differences between them and Brazil? Did you encounter any European stereotypes (French women with hairy armpits, Austrian trannies with beards...)?

If you haven't visited Europe, then would you like to and which countries?

I have one Brazilian acquaintance who recently moved to Estonia, and he said that one thing he noticed was that doors open to the outside here, as opposed to inside in Brazil. I joked that it's a cultural difference, that over here it symbolizes our cold dislike of visitors and the door opening outside is a way of saying "go away, you're not welcome". While in Brazil it means the opposite - a warm welcome into your home. :D

San Francisco is much more than Golden Gate. Awesome city: Haight-Ashburry, Chinatown, Japanese gardens at the Golden Gate Park, Fisherman Wharf, and you can't miss others cities from the bay, like Sausalito.

I have never visited Europe. Brazil is a huge country, so most brazilians spend their vacation time visiting their own country, and we travel abroad, USA is the most common destination. Its cheaper than Europe, and for many reasons USA seems more attractive for brazilians than Europe, but I'm saving money to visit Europe soon. While in USA you can easily enjoy one single city in 12 days, its a sin to visit Europe and know one single country. I have a LOT of friends who visit the Old Continent, and really love it. I'm planing to spend 30 days traveling across the continent, but if I had to choose one country to visit, it would be UK.

About the differences, I have a serbian friend. He is different in so many ways, it seems he is from another galaxy. I dont feel the same when I meet an american, for an example, or spanish or potuguese. It seems the differences are bigger when we compare ourselves with people from East Europe.

Really enjoyed reading the replies, you seem like an interesting lad. The next one in the hotseat will have a lot of expectations to live up to. :yes: