• Torres
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Luiz (sub)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only saw the first 30 minutes, feared for the worst but looks like the boys really stepped up in the second half.

So glad for Schürrle, hasn't had many chances lately but the hat trick ought to change that in the coming matches. Willian's been poor lately so his place in the starting eleven is definitely there for the taking.

since everybody is happy a small dose of negativity.... :)

i kept getting the feeling we are one hazard away from becoming an arsenal or manu!!

our back four was organized...matic was good...hazard was awesome in the second half...and schurrle got some gr8 finishing skills!!

but thats it...even going 3 up we let a team like fulham back into the game...we need a stronger midfield....and someone need to infuse some confidence in cech!! whats going on in his mind?! he seems unsure of himself everytime a high ball comes into the penalty box!

an alonso type midfielder and a good finisher as CF(not a poacher more of a guy who can interlink with our AM's) and cherry on top will be shaw in Lb(if i dare hope mikel and torres sold!!)

even playing schurrle as a striker seems a good idea but leave all that to jose the gr8...have a nice weekend fellow blues

We create plenty of chances - now we might actually have a player who can play up top whose movement might take advantage of that. Keep him away from being involved with the build up and allow him to get chances to finish of the moves. Schurrle to play up top till the end of the season.

Schurrle would not be as good if he played upfront simply because our CF is involved in our build up play a lot.

He's a player that runs from deep and makes splendid runs off the ball - putting him up front takes that away IMO.

Definitely weren't a lot of major talking points in the game for me. The first half, as well all can attest, was dreadful! We had nothing going forward and the decision making in crucial areas on the pitch were woeful...

Throughout the first half I just kept thinking we were tired and its gonna take something lucky for us to nick it, I was wrong.

the 2nd half the team played with more endeavour and for some strange reason Fulham started to defend with a highline! lol... With the team having not had the chance to practice and work on Fulham tactics Magath handed us 2 goals by basically playing Mancini like tactics at the beginning of the second half. It allowed us to run in behind them and play the ball into open space, similar to what we did against Galatasaray.

Eden Hazard is just fucking incredible! If you give him space he'll hurt you, if you play him tight he'll blow by you and hurt you. Watching him play this season has been some of the most enjoyable football I've witnessed as a Chelsea supporter.

I was screaming at my computer for Schurrle to be subbed at the half, glad he wasn't that was a man of the match performance in the second. He finally timed his runs properly and was clinical. We will need him BIG TIME throughout the rest of the season, he can finish and has fresh legs.

Cahill is emerging as our most crucial defender. JT still is but the gap is narrowing I thought he had another inch perfect game and made some timely interceptions and tackles.

Keep saying it but these are the types of performances that win titles... Derby game away after a tough midweek and we do enough to get the win. Jose will be proud the boys found a way to navigate that.

Eden Hazard is just fucking incredible! If you give him space he'll hurt you, if you play him tight he'll blow by you and hurt you. Watching him play this season has been some of the most enjoyable football I've witnessed as a Chelsea supporter.

He is a joy to watch. The Dribble & Rabona cross setup to Torres today was simply marvelous.

I don't care if this sequence has been posted on here 20 times. Still amazing to see, despite what Piers Morgan thinks about Hazard or the play

@piersmorgan I do that playing with my sons #overrated > RT @FootbalIVines: Hazard's miraculous rabona cross. https://vine.co/v/MKPUWLHKgqw :carlo:

He is a joy to watch. The Dribble & Rabona cross setup to Torres today was simply marvelous.

I don't care if this sequence has been posted on here 20 times. Still amazing to see, despite what Piers Morgan thinks about Hazard or the play

@piersmorgan I do that playing with my sons #overrated > RT @FootbalIVines: Hazard's miraculous rabona cross. https://vine.co/v/MKPUWLHKgqw :carlo:

How does Torres miss that? Honestly he's got to be the most unlucky striker ever to wear the Chelsea blue... Its bordering on divine intervention.

FUN FACT: Chelsea have conceded 4 goals in the last 6 Premier League visits to Craven Cottage and all of the 4 goals came from set pieces.

Not surprised we conceded today, though. I read somewhere that only Southampton stopped Fulham from scoring at home this season.

Not surprised we conceded today, though. I read somewhere that only Southampton stopped Fulham from scoring at home this season.

Ooh. Just realized that now you mentioned it. Indeed, only Southampton kept a clean sheet at Craven Cottage in the league this season though Sheffield United also managed to do the same in the FA Cup. Nonetheless, very poor goal to concede from our POV though. 2nd game in 4 days we gave away a cheap goal from a corner. Hope we don't revert to the mess we had back in early December.

Attacking set-pieces is something we should be working on. I'm surprised Oscar doesn't take more. He took some good ones last season. Lamps is the only one that seems to get that devastating whip on the ball. Willian's are ok, and Schurrle is pretty inconsistent. Hazard's set pieces are good, he used to take them for Lille, but oddly, not his corners.