Will any youngsters make it at Chelsea anymore?

Piazon is not ready for the first team yet. He is doing well on loan but he is playing in a much inferior league and Lukaku is ahead of him right now in overall ability. Lukaku has more chance of making it next season than Piazon as he is playing regularly in the PL and has the physical tools needed for us imo.

Piazon would be a Hazard back up - he won't be competing with Lukaku 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contary to popular belief Jose isnt some anti youth ageist manager. He is no worse than most in this current day.

In his last spell we saw a 20 year old Huth a fair bit despite possessing the 3 best CBs in the PL at the time, Mikel came in as a teenager and Jose picked him to start 2 Cup finals, Scott Sinclair got brought on against Arsenal as a 17 year old with the scores tied and needing a win to save our title bid and i am convinced Hutch would have been promoted but for his knee. 

We had a stable and complete team back then, when we get to that stage again there's no reason to suggest Jose won't give on off the younguens the game time he gave Huth last time.

When you scratch the surface he really isn't this youth hating maniac people portray him as.

the first and the most important thing for youth to develop in any team is the manager. lets take mceachran as an example. the 17 year old boy was shown incredible faith in, by carlo ancelotti. if carlo had continued i am sure he would have integrated mceachran in the team, moulded him, worked on his defects and made him into a far better player than he is right now. but due to absolutely no consistency in the managers, in fact due to the managerial chairs that has been going on at the club, its not suprising that no player has come thru the ranks. why would an interim manager like hiddink/rafa even care about our youth? managers like avram, rdm and avb had enough pressure to deal with anyways than risk losing a couple of matches here and there cos of trying to promote the youth.

but now i feel things are going to be a lot different. jose is here to say. u can take a look at the way we have dealt in the transfer window, u can take a look at the profile of our players and simply say we are JOSE's team. in a couple of years, i am pretty sure some of the youth will be given a chance. i have no doubt about JOSE's eye for talent and i have no doubt that any1 deserving would make the team in the coming years.

my prediction.

bamford as squad - ST
traore, piazon as AMs
chalobah  as DM
ake as DEF.

from the current group of loaned out ACADEMY players (players like courtois, lukaku, romeu are not counted).

Mourinho isn't exactly famed for promoting youth...
If anything Rafa (even as interim manager) did more for the youth here, gave Ake some games (tried Piazon in a league game v Villa and RDM played Piazon in the C1 Cup).

With every year passing by and every player being loaned out I'm losing more and more faith. I want a proper Chels, our academy kid in the team again, one who will bleed blue.

Wilshere is only a couple of years elder than McEachran....... (hard to imagine)

I don't see how promoting youth sacrifices trophies, even a major club full of superstars like Real Madrid plays some of its younger players (Jese, Casmeiro, Morata etc does Illaramendi count?). Barcelona manage to give younger players chances in their 1st team every now and then (they started Cuenca in a semi-final against us). Bayern also have a successful youth academy (Muller, Schweinsteiger, Lahm). Borussia Dortmund have always encouraged their younger players. Arsenal played young Miyachi against us have tried to integrate Serge Gnabry into the side (and have a reputation for always encouraging youth). So how does bringing youth players make you weaker?

That's cause Germany and Spain have more talent than England.

Piazon would be a Hazard back up - he won't be competing with Lukaku 

Highly doubt it. Not for next season anyway. I don't think Piazon is near the quality of our AMs. If anything Moses would be a back up and Piazon will go out on loan. No point in wasting young talent at the club by letting them play reserve games and odd sub games. He will probably have another loan at Vitesse if they get UCL footy. If not maybe a loan to another team in England or in a a team in a more competitive league.

Lukaku and Courtois next season. Possibly Zouma in the future

i wouldnt consider playing £12m signings bringing through youth. and courtois is pretty much as good as anyone in the world for his position.    dont consider oriol or mvg youth either.  just expensive young players.

Maybe the FA could help us out and let clubs have B teams that play professional football in the lower leagues. A mini-Chelsea playing the same type of football so they can slot seamlessly into the first-team.

AVB brought this up once got slatted by the media for wanting to change English football.

But I think, in order for big clubs to be able to meet FFP regulations, that will be necessary in the future. 

AVB brought this up once got slatted by the media for wanting to change English football.

But I think, in order for big clubs to be able to meet FFP regulations, that will be necessary in the future. 

I just don't see the FA agreeing to B teams

Right now, most EPL clubs have unofficial affiliates in the Championship or League 1...eg. Man United & Birmingham have an agreement about loaning out youngsters....Liverpool & Derby have an agreement...Arsenal & Sheffield Wednesday have an agreement ...etc

Because Chelsea have a lot of young talent coming through which are not able to break into the first XI, are we actually reaping the financial rewards of this talent? Southampton produce good talent and make good money on them. Do we do the same, or do we solely see our academy as searching for that "messi-like" or JT player and if they don't show up, bring in the next lot? 

how  many games  do you you think he will start for us ??

Not many. But that was not my point. I agreed with Reddish-Blue that fans really do appreciate seeing talented youngsters. I also think fans are more likely to be patient with a home-grown talent than say a bought youth player.   

we have lived the  dream too long ..  I actually  saw the best ever Chelsea  boys  ,, Jimmy Greaves  ans an even better prospect  Barry Bridges ,,

In those days there  were no Acadamies  as such but boys came through  and played for their clubs and for England.  

Maybe the FA could help us out and let clubs have B teams that play professional football in the lower leagues. A mini-Chelsea playing the same type of football so they can slot seamlessly into the first-team.

This. 

Germany, Spain and Brazil kinda do this. No wonder they fuckin produce the majority of quality talent. 

By having the kids play professional football, they get used to the physical demands of it without having to play a type of game they will never have to play again. This does not make the loan system obsolete, but this way, talents can skip those loans to 2nd or 3rd tier teams which often do more harm then good, cos playing together with players who are actually a lot less talented than you does not really enhance your skills just as much as playing against players with just as little experience. Having a Chelsea II in league one or CC would combine the advantages of experienced opponents and talented teammates. 

Of course this would be detrimental to the smaller clubs. Still the FA is very inconsistent, They usually allow the evolution of football but in this very aspect they inhibit an idea that would actually help the competitiveness of English football on club and international level. 

This. 

Germany, Spain and Brazil kinda do this. No wonder they fuckin produce the majority of quality talent. 

By having the kids play professional football, they get used to the physical demands of it without having to play a type of game they will never have to play again. This does not make the loan system obsolete, but this way, talents can skip those loans to 2nd or 3rd tier teams which often do more harm then good, cos playing together with players who are actually a lot less talented than you does not really enhance your skills just as much as playing against players with just as little experience. Having a Chelsea II in league one or CC would combine the advantages of experienced opponents and talented teammates. 

Of course this would be detrimental to the smaller clubs. Still the FA is very inconsistent, They usually allow the evolution of football but in this very aspect they inhibit an idea that would actually help the competitiveness of English football on club and international level. 

F  A   ,,,never  expect  them to show  imagination ,,  .  what  does  F A  stand for  ,, plenty of  acronyms   and most accurate ,,,also  just half of  a FART

If one player from academy makes it, doesnt matter who, be it Chalobah, RLC,...,I will be very happy.

From the ones we bought, Piazon, Hazard junior, Lukaku and Courtois could make it. Maybe Traore, Wallace and Ginkel aswell. Depends on who we buy in summer.

I realy do hope Ruben makes it here.

OK lets look realistically at which position a youngster could break through

GK: Not a chance. Courtois will replace Cech or Cech will stay no1 for a really long time

RB: Ivan is aging but still solid and defenders usually play until they are really old, Dave is quite young. Very hard for Wallace to break through

CB: Zouma is definitely a starter in the near future, Terry is old but he will probably stay at least 2 more years. Then we got Cahill who are also quite reliable and Luiz too if he is still a Chelsea player by next season

LB: The only chance foe anyone to break through with Cole will probably leave in the summer. But then Bertrands was thought to be his replacement and he is not good enough to be a starter for us, so expect us to sign someone like Shaw instead of promoting PVA...etc

CDM: Matic will stay there FOR A LONG TIME. Ramires maybe a few more years until his legs run out, by then he would be virtually useless and will probably be sold. Lampard probably got 2 year max here, Mikel will ALWAYS BE A SUB. So chance for maybe 1 player to break through if they are REALLY GOOD. I would say Romeu got the best chance really. The likes of Josh...etc will never make it here when they are not even impressive in Championship

CAM: Nothing to say here. Our current 3 will remain so for A REALLY REALLY LONG TIME. Especially with Schurrle and Salah backing up. No one will ever get in

ST: Just never gonna promote one of youth never. Unless they come on and score a last min winner on their debut. We WILL SIGN A TOP CLASS STRIKER like Costa in the summer. Lukaku will probably be sold because he already sort of fuck up his relationship with Jose and don't think he fits our style under Jose.

So there you go, virtually not a single chance for any youngster in the future. Maybe a CDM but that will be it.