Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

1 hour ago, Miguelito said:

The Mendy comparison doesn't really hold weight though. Mendy has the potential to be the best LB in the league. The dude is a monster. Zouma's ceiling is nowhere near that level. As much as I hate to say it, Delph at LB is worse than Cahill at CB in the systems we played. There wasn't as much competition. It made sense to not play zouma after such a long spell out. He's not good enough technically for the way we play now either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Zouma was at least for me the most talented old school style CB in 2016 before he injured himself. He was simply a beast; fast, agile and had massive leap. His tackling was superb, went so hard in challenges but timed it perfectly. He reminded me of Vidic alot. He had potential to be absolutely world class with no exaggeration. I will never forget how he caught Aguero and broke him down without faul. He did that stuff on regular basis.

But thing is he was someone not to be fucked with and Im sure opponent attackers shat themselves abit when facing him, a thing you dont find with CBs like Stones, Laporte, Christensen,...

Yeah he was rather poor techicaly indeed, but we didnt need two techical CBs until Sarri came.

He might lose a bit of his atheticism, but he still is very much one of fastest and strongest CBs with massive leap in PL. Its a shame he doesnt suit Sarri because I fully believe he will play for top team in PL and perform at top level. He was called up for NT not long ago and did realy well too.

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Zouma was fit last year when we still had Conte. But we shipped him out on loan to Stoke where he went to play almost all games and did very well. 

Christensen deserved to be benched for a few games based on his performances, but he is young and it is expected to be inconsistent at that point. Therefore he should play to improve. I was criticising him alot in that period, but given he is young, he just has to play. We ended up 5th anyway, so we might aswell develop a few players along the road. 

Christensen played very well prior to barca game. But the way we handled situation after put alot of pressure on him. Someone like Klopp would handle it better. TAA had some horrible games down the road, but Klopp didnt put him under even more pressure.

And if anyone who plays shit for few games was about to be benched at this club, Willian shouldnt be starter for 2 years and Alonso shouldnt be starter anymore either. Its clear there is some bias towards young players. Experienced ones can play shit and get away, young ones are axed and blamed for every mistake. When it should be the other way around since experienced players are supposed to take responsibility and young ones are only learning.

What will happen with Pulisic if he doesnt perform from start? 3 bad games and he will be benched for half a year with Willian back in first 11? 

Mendy was identified by Guardiola and was Pep's man, it's no comparison to Zouma. Kurt was injured and by the time he returned we were playing a back three with an emphasis of playing the ball out of the back, something that he is not remotely suited to.

As for Christensen, he wasn't dropped immediately after the Barca game, he was dropped about two months later after he started to systematically cost us points.

And as for Willian, he isn't even a starter now when a strikers on form and both Pedro and Hazard are fit.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Mendy was identified by Guardiola and was Pep's man, it's no comparison to Zouma. Kurt was injured and by the time he returned we were playing a back three with an emphasis of playing the ball out of the back, something that he is not remotely suited to.

As for Christensen, he wasn't dropped immediately after the Barca game, he was dropped about two months later after he started to systematically cost us points.

And as for Willian, he isn't even a starter now when a strikers on form and both Pedro and Hazard are fit.

How did you figure Willian one? He was playing ahead of Pedro except for first few games when we were actualy good. 

Willian is like first player on Sarri list to play if fit for whatever reason.

Zouma was quality prior to his injury and then never got a chance to get back in first 11. Would be better to test him out compared to aging Cahill who had no future here. Just a short sighted management. Azpi and Alonso arent ideal for Sarri either, but they still play. Zouma isnt world class on the ball, but he isnt that bad that couldnt adopt to Conte tactics of defending for 70min and counter attack. Its just that the manager didnt have any faith, simple. Yeah Mendy was backed by Pep because he was his guy, but if Zouma was highly regarded by the club, he would get minutes even after Mou left.

As for Christensen, I said he wasnt immediately benched, but still too soon. Young players need sometimes 6 months, sometimes more or less to get back to their best. We had ideal chance to play him because we didnt exactly chase the title did we. Yet again short sighted management went for aging Cahill and we still missed on CL. 

GOAL! EVERTON 1-0 BOURNEMOUTH (Zouma 61)

Deadlock broken.

Digne does well to curl in a cross towards the near post, where Zouma is free and heads past Begovic, who started coming for the ball and then decided he couldn't get it.

CARRA ON THE GANTRY "a fantastic finish from Zouma.” 

1 minute ago, mccg said:

GOAL! EVERTON 1-0 BOURNEMOUTH (Zouma 61)

Deadlock broken.

Digne does well to curl in a cross towards the near post, where Zouma is free and heads past Begovic, who started coming for the ball and then decided he couldn't get it.

CARRA ON THE GANTRY "a fantastic finish from Zouma.” 

was a blast of a header:wub:

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

was a blast of a header:wub:

He always had that in his locker , pity about his injury , he had the potential to be top class , curse of the knee injuries at chelsea casiraghi ,elliott, essien(most grrr),van ginkel spring to mind 

1 hour ago, mccg said:

He always had that in his locker , pity about his injury , he had the potential to be top class , curse of the knee injuries at chelsea casiraghi ,elliott, essien(most grrr),van ginkel spring to mind 

Emerson too, just injury was pre Chels buy.

3 hours ago, mccg said:

I had the misfortune to be at the games when Casiraghi,Elliott done their knees away to Liverpool ironically , especially the Elliott 1 was ghastly , the sound when it happened i still remember , i was on the front row (Liverpool got a freekick and scored,i think it was Dean.Saunders.not happy bunny!) Just a pity with Zouma(injury has affected him in some degree),alas i feel with the manager and system/style his chance has gone will CFC

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, mccg said:

Everton defender Kurt Zouma red-carded after the final whistle at Watford

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-defender-kurt-zouma-red-15806796

Happy 

Bright but not shining:(