Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

From his interviews and general demeanour on the pitch, he seems very much captain material to me.

I still can't get over his performance against Maribor away. That 2nd half was such an open game as we were pushing for an equalizer but he kept a cool head and completely stamped his authority. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but there was a point in the match when one of the Maribor players was trying to time waste but Zouma quite literally grabbed the ball from his hands. He's such an imposing character but yet charismatic. I think he has leadership written all over him.

Zouma comes across as extremely professional which for his age is really impressive. He's 20-years-old but conducts himself like an experienced vet.

And I've always thought the quiet, lead by example type is > shouting and pointing guy.

If he doesn't start over cahill in the next match atleast that will tell us that Jose isn't as fair and impartial as he claims to be.

He won't.

Jose covered himself by saying Cahill bounced back after the Watford game which in his words 'was important'. Zouma will remain firmly rooted to the bench until the next round of the FA Cup.

He won't.

Jose covered himself by saying Cahill bounced back after the Watford game which in his words 'was important'. Zouma will remain firmly rooted to the bench until the next round of the FA Cup.

which will be demoralising to the young lad and a big shame.

which will be demoralising to the young lad and a big shame.

Thankfully I don't think it will break Zouma; he probably knows the deal by now and is working hard to make it impossible to keep ignoring him - just look at how much his game has improved since the pre-season. At this rate in a few months time Mourinho will have no choice.

Zouma's coming for that spot and he will take it.

And I bet some people will say 'well, that's how it should be' but why? Zouma deserves a chance right now, in fact he has done so for several weeks in my opinion.

Thankfully I don't think it will break Zouma; he probably knows the deal by now and is working hard to make it impossible to keep ignoring him - just look at how much his game has improved since the pre-season. At this rate in a few months time Mourinho will have no choice.

Zouma's coming for that spot and he will take it.

Let's hope so. He's won me over for sure. Comes across as well grounded, very professional and hardworking lad who shows willingness to learn and improve. Whether he has the patience and tolerance to tolerate this for much longer remains to be seen.

You wouldn't know that unless you play it yourself.

I didn't realise this was about me. I haven't played it almost four months but before that I was very addicted and I don't use it's terminology when I'm not talking about the game. :) How about you, Mr Defensive?

I didn't realise this was about me. I haven't played it almost four months but before that I was very addicted and I don't use it's terminology when I'm not talking about the game. :) How about you, Mr Defensive?

you're having trouble identifying tone.

I use the terminology because its what most people can relate to when describing a players on field function.

you're having trouble identifying tone.

I use the terminology because its what most people can relate to when describing a players on field function.

I think using terminology like that found in FM is a poor way of conveying how a player acts or plays on the pitch.

I think Whoscored does it best and offers a little more than a vague descriptor like 'ball player': http://www.whoscored.com/Players/93206/

I think using terminology like that found in FM is a poor way of conveying how a player acts or plays on the pitch.

I think Whoscored does it best and offers a little more than a vague descriptor like 'ball player': http://www.whoscored.com/Players/93206/

I thought it was self-explanatory. A ball player being one who likes the ball at their feet... You may be the only person who didn't understand what I meant by that

I thought it was self-explanatory. A ball player being one who likes the ball at their feet... You may be the only person who didn't understand what I meant by that

Of course I understood it, you numbnuts. It also gives a very poor impression, are they good in the air? do they dive into tackles? do they dribble? do they do anything else well besides have the ball at their feet? I find that most players are more dynamic than shoehorning them into a category.

Geez, you needn't be so defensive, my first post was merely a joke. A joke that got up your ass apparently.