Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

What I don't understand atm is how Liverpool can improve their offer when ours already had been accepted?

"Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with FC Basel for the transfer of their 21-year-old attacking midfielder Mohamed Salah.

The move is subject to the Egyptian international agreeing personal terms and completing a medical examination."

What I don't understand atm is how Liverpool can improve their offer when ours already had been accepted?

"Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with FC Basel for the transfer of their 21-year-old attacking midfielder Mohamed Salah.

The move is subject to the Egyptian international agreeing personal terms and completing a medical examination."

Exactly. Surely Liverpool could just match our bid, get it accepted by Basel and then let the player decide who he wants to join (which yesterday Mourinho said was Chelsea). Why would Liverpool offer more than us when clearly our bid was already right where Basel valued the player at?

It's obviously not true guys. The fee has already been agreed. Mourinho said on Friday that the paperwork has been signed between Chelsea and Basel. Everything has been agreed. It's just formalities left. There's really nothing Liverpool can do unless the player suddenly changes his mind, but for Chelsea to announce that an agreement is in place then they obviously are confident that the player wants to join the club.

Exactly. Surely Liverpool could just match our bid, get it accepted by Basel and then let the player decide who he wants to join (which yesterday Mourinho said was Chelsea). Why would Liverpool offer more than us when clearly our bid was already right where Basel valued the player at?

I call Daily Mail bs. We wouldn't have announced it if not Basel accepted the deal and put it to paper, the only thing that could stop it would be Salah not wanting to join but that has nothing to do with Liverpool making a bigger bid.

I smell bullshit. Surely Basel can't go back on their word now after both clubs had already announced agreeing on the fee and they had allowed the player to discuss personal terms and take a medical?

Yeah I don't think they can reject it after accepting. Thinking about the Willian case, after we bid for him Anzhi didn't subsequently reject Tottenham's offer - I don't think they would have been allowed to. They just left it to Willian to decide who to choose. This story seems like typical BS from the Daily Mail.

If this guy comes, there'll be a part of every Chelsea fan that'll blame him for the dismissal of Juan Mata.

No there won't... Like Mourinho said, the club sought a replacement after deciding to sell Mata. It's not as though Salah was bought and then Mata was forced out.

No there won't... Like Mourinho said, the club sought a replacement after deciding to sell Mata. It's not as though Salah was bought and then Mata was forced out.

Doesn't explain why the Mata transfer was delayed, if the Salah deal didn't go through earlier then Mata wouldn't have left so early.

Doesn't explain why the Mata transfer was delayed, if the Salah deal didn't go through earlier then Mata wouldn't have left so early.

Salah is just a replacement for the 2 departing AMs in Mata and De Bruyne. If he didn't come in someone else would have so I don't see why you want to blame him. Even though the majority of fans don't I'd think that if you're looking for someone to blame then it would surely be Willian, who took Mata's place in the starting 11, or Mourinho, who didn't play him much?

Anyone who isnt a dumbfuck will realize that this guy has nothing to do with the Mata-situation.

1. They dont play the same position.

2. We sell Mata because we want to buy Salah. <--- Read this out loud 5 times. Then think about it for two seconds and realize how stuipid it sounds.

3. Salah is here for competition at the right wing.

Anyone who isnt a dumbfuck will realize that this guy has nothing to do with the Mata-situation.

1. They dont play the same position.

2. We sell Mata because we want to buy Salah. <--- Read this out loud 5 times. Then think about it for two seconds and realize how stuipid it sounds.

3. Salah is here for competition at the right wing.

agree ,, he is more a replacement for kdb

Oh god the Daily Star is arguably one of the only papers less reliable than the Daily Mail. Not sure if we can trust either tbh but the Daily Star's reporting of the details in the Salah transfer (£12m) certainly seems a lot more believable.

In all honesty though, I can't remember a Mourinho signing that has failed apart from Quaresma. He has a great track record in spotting talent.

Sidwell?