Ricardo Rodriguez

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because football is a sport that's hard to judge using statistics. Even the advanced stats that clubs have are unreliable; raw stats that are available to the public are largely misleading because you need context. Pass completion rate for example have lots of variables like distance, defenders in between, pressure the passer is under, pace of the pass, movement of the target etc. Also take a look at their PL best XI so far. Patrice Evra, who has been dreadful this season, made the team, and they have Gerrard there too.

Stats can be misleading but not always. Pass completion is the hardest to form any conclusions on really, we can both agree on that.

But certain ones like Key passes, aerial duels won/lost, chance conversion; show how effective a player is at specific areas.

About their PL XI: tbf, stats won't show you all the times Evra falls asleep and allows his man to ghost past. But he's always present in attack, creating chances and scoring a few, which help his rating.

As for Gerrard, he has 4 goals and 6 assists in the league, as well as 2.5 tackles and 2.5 key passes a game. Statistically he's doing a great job.

Would prefer to get this guy on a cheapish deal as opposed to spunking over 20m on Shaw tbh, with FFP and all that stuff coming in we need to be shrewd when we can in the market. Both are very good prospects, right now I think Rodriguez is a better player due to having played more games but in all honesty I've seen him play maybe 5 or 6 times so maybe I'm wrong. I'd have him or Shaw though both are very good prospects... we will need a LB soon though with Ash coming towards the end of his career.

Are you guys serious....

You guys make it seem like you scout every player in the world...

Somehow, I dont believe that you guys watch every football game from every football league.... Its one thing to argue with players on Chelsea that we see week in and week out concerning stats, but its another thing to argue on players that you probably never seen on a weekly basis... I would take their website over your opinion when it comes from guys outside of the BPL...

I can understand taking in Shaw due to being English, etc, however, not that hes better or will better... How is Gibbs and Walker doing?

This guy can be the guy that unlocks Hazard true potential, similar to what Marcelo does for Cristiano.

Chelsea is owned by a russian, with a Portuguese manager...

I highly doubt they would care...

So, this whole thread is dealing with being english moreso than homegrown?

I dont know what you think of Chelsea, but its ENGLISH club and ENGLISH clubs have ENGLISH players. It would be sick if we had not a single englishman in first eleven.

Players from home land give club extra respect, imagine Barca without spanish players or Bayern without german. We already have problems in having english players, but to have none, it would be fucking disaster. Period.

I dont know what you think of Chelsea, but its ENGLISH club and ENGLISH clubs have ENGLISH players. It would be sick if we had not a single englishman in first eleven.

Players from home land give club extra respect, imagine Barca without spanish players or Bayern without german. We already have problems in having english players, but to have none, it would be fucking disaster. Period.

I think its more pride....

Young kids all hear barca fans being proud of Xavi, iniesta, puyol, valdes all coming up from their academy, etc. However, in the EPL, thats not the case. EPL is run by foreign talent. The top players are mostly foreign players for the league.

Maybe your too young to remember barca before that period, with Ronaldinho, messi, eto, motta, deco, edmilson, van bommel, etc....

"I remember Barça played eleven or twelve years ago with eleven outsiders. This goes in phases. It's not like they can boast playing eleven home-grown players now. That's the message they're trying to put across at the moment, but a few years back they barely had any home-grown players. They started with Puyol and Xavi." - Iker Casillas

Lets see how many make it from Barca now.....

On a side note, I completely understand the whole English concept. However, my point was if their was a huge gap in talent from those two and transfer fees it might be better too look closely into Rodriguez than..

Also, we already have Cahill, and Chabs is suppose to be this uber CM for the future.

I think its more pride....

Young kids all hear barca fans being proud of Xavi, iniesta, puyol, valdes all coming up from their academy, etc. However, in the EPL, thats not the case. EPL is run by foreign talent. The top players are mostly foreign players for the league.

Maybe your too young to remember barca before that period, with Ronaldinho, messi, eto, motta, deco, edmilson, van bommel, etc....

"I remember Barça played eleven or twelve years ago with eleven outsiders. This goes in phases. It's not like they can boast playing eleven home-grown players now. That's the message they're trying to put across at the moment, but a few years back they barely had any home-grown players. They started with Puyol and Xavi." - Iker Casillas

Lets see how many make it from Barca now.....

On a side note, I completely understand the whole English concept. However, my point was if their was a huge gap in talent from those two and transfer fees it might be better too look closely into Rodriguez than..

Also, we already have Cahill, and Chabs is suppose to be this uber CM for the future.

True about that barca side, but still, I would be very sad to see no english players in first 11 in Chelsea in 2015 or so...

I can understand taking in Shaw due to being English, etc, however, not that hes better or will better... How is Gibbs and Walker doing?

Gibbs was never as good as Luke Shaw at his age.

Walker was promising but Walker doesn't have Luke Shaw's finesse, and again wasn't as good as Shaw was at his age.

On his day, Ricardo is the best left back in the world. I don't see any reason, why he shouldn't be our main target for left back position? Shaw is okay, but he is nowhere near Rodriguez.

Imagine that left side of Rodriguez and Hazard, we would destroy opposition's right side completely.

Would you rather have Gibbs than Marcelo because he is English? Talent gap between Rodriguez and Shaw are just too wide. I would take Rodriguez who's much better and will solve one of our problems (fullback giving width in attacking option) I would not worry too much about our lack of English talent. Out of 15 promising British talents listed by DailyMail, 3 of them are Chelsea players: Chalobah, Izzy Brown, RLC. We also have Kane, Swift, Baker, and Bamford who just scored debut goal in strong championship side. Chelsea youth is better than ever and we will at least have some players breaking into our squad within few years.

Would you rather have Gibbs than Marcelo because he is English?

Luke Shaw is the English left-back we've been linked with. :rolleyes:

We actually went to the trouble of colour coding them so there's no confusion, although if you see a white one with a dodgy barnet then that's actually Baines.

Shaw is not technically gifted and it does not improve much by aging. I don't see him being world beater 5 yrs later. Could be more of Aly Cissokho or David Santon who showed flashes of awesomeness when they were young but have not improved their game much.

Shaw is not technically gifted and it does not improve much by aging. I don't see him being world beater 5 yrs later. Could be more of Aly Cissokho or David Santon who showed flashes of awesomeness when they were young but have not improved their game much.

Sorry, but kids who aren't technically gifted don't hold down Premier League starting spots at the age of 17.

Santon showed promises in 5 consecutive league winning Inter Milan side when he was 17 but still he wasn't technically gifted, which hindered his growth. Maybe your standard for "technically gifted" is far inferior than my standard. What I mean by "technically gifted" is a player whose technique can be potentially matched up with Baines, Marcelo, Alba, Alaba and etc, who can dribble past defenders, and very strong at holding on to balls, can provide quality pass and cross consistently, which is obviously not the case for Luke Shaw.

Santon showed promises in 5 consecutive league winning Inter Milan side when he was 17 but still he wasn't technically gifted, which hindered his growth. Maybe your standard for "technically gifted" is far inferior than my standard. What I mean by "technically gifted" is a player whose technique can be potentially matched up with Baines, Marcelo, Alba, Alaba and etc, who can dribble past defenders, and very strong at holding on to balls, can provide quality pass and cross consistently, which is obviously not the case for Luke Shaw.

Were you following Wigan's matches when they were in the old second division then? :rolleyes:

I am not being sarcastic but have you? If a player is not technically gifted when they are young, it is close to impossible to improve much by aging and experience. Barkley is one of the better if not the best English talent who holds his own on strong Everton team. Can we expect him to be as technically gifted as Spanish players? Highly unlikely, or, it is impossible.

Loving how people actually started to jack - off over a few comments for this guy, rather than Luke Shaw. Half of those people, don't watch neither, but just see that somebody has posted a long, analysing post about Rodriguez and how he is better than Shaw with millions of years. The fact that Shaw comes in a starter at 17 years, at a team which has the financial potential to buy players on his position if needed, should prove you enough. He is 18. He is not Roberto Carlos and Ashley Cole all in 1.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You