Ricardo Rodriguez

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke Shaw imo. Rodriguez at 6-7m could be a steal but since Chelsea need HG players, shaw is my choice. why settle for average English talent like Lescott, Cleverly when the club can get a quality player. you can't hide 8 average HG players on the bench/reserves.

and re: the money argument. it goes out the window when you consider the profit made in January and the money saved from letting Cole and Eto'o go. only worry about money is if Shaw will be pressurised by the price tag

Luke Shaw imo. Rodriguez at 6-7m could be a steal but since Chelsea need HG players, shaw is my choice. why settle for average English talent like Lescott, Cleverly when the club can get a quality player. you can't hide 8 average HG players on the bench/reserves.

and re: the money argument. it goes out the window when you consider the profit made in January and the money saved from letting Cole and Eto'o go. only worry about money is if Shaw will be pressurised by the price tag

RR will not be £6/7m. He'll cost around the same as Shaw will.

• 2 months later...

I see Wolfsburg have missed on Champions League football next season. Anyone thinks now is the best time for Chelsea to try and sign this guy?

I'm a big admirer of him and his stats are impressive this season. Definitely one of the best left-backs in Europe right now, if not the best.

We would still need a second choice LB, as Bertrand wouldn't want to play second fiddle again.

I think whoever we sign , be it RR or Shaw, will be 2nd choice, at least in the beginning of the season. Azpi and Ivanovic will continue to be our FB for the next season. Maybe that is the reason why Shaw is inclining towards an United move.

As for Bertrand, he should definitely leave if we sign a new LB this summer.

I think whoever we sign , be it RR or Shaw, will be 2nd choice, at least in the beginning of the season. Azpi and Ivanovic will continue to be our FB for the next season. Maybe that is the reason why Shaw is inclining towards an United move.

As for Bertrand, he should definitely leave if we sign a new LB this summer.

I highly doubt that Azpi would be our starting left back should we sign either Shaw or Rodriguez. Ivanovic would be the one that would move to being a squad player.

Shaw isn't more inclined to a move to United either - it's not like he's got Chelsea and United to choose between. No one has matched United's supposed crazy offer of £30m and £100k wages.

I highly doubt that Azpi would be our starting left back should we sign either Shaw or Rodriguez. Ivanovic would be the one that would move to being a squad player.

Shaw isn't more inclined to a move to United either - it's not like he's got Chelsea and United to choose between. No one has matched United's supposed crazy offer of £30m and £100k wages.

If United are really thinking about paying this price for an 18 year old fullback, then they've truly lost their marbles. Obscene.

Rodriguez probably suits us more in footballing terms, while Shaw suits us more in club terms (english, fan, young,...)

Be it Shaw (I like him more as he is english) or Rodriguez (better Lb atm and cheaper), I think we will have massive upgrade in fullback department.

I honestly don't think Mourinho is going to give Shaw or RR more game-time than Azpi or Ivanovic which has been evident by the whole Cole situation, I'm sure Shaw and his agent will be taking that into consideration if Chelsea decides to match United's crazy bid.

I honestly don't think Mourinho is going to give Shaw or RR more game-time than Azpi or Ivanovic which has been evident by the whole Cole situation, I'm sure Shaw and his agent will be taking that into consideration if Chelsea decides to match United's crazy bid.

Cole example is irrelevant because RR and Shaw are both better LBs than him IMO.

We wouldn't buy a left back at all if that was the case - if we just needed a simple back up we'd bring back Bertrand or PVA.

If we're spending big money on a LB I can assure you they'd start. Do you seriously think Shaw would come in and spend a season as Azpi's back up if we signed him for £30m?

Cole example is irrelevant because RR and Shaw are both better LBs than him IMO.

We wouldn't buy a left back at all if that was the case - if we just needed a simple back up we'd bring back Bertrand or PVA.

If we're spending big money on a LB I can assure you they'd start. Do you seriously think Shaw would come in and spend a season as Azpi's back up if we signed him for £30m?

That's one of the reasons why I'm not confident Jose is gonna spend big on a LB. It'll be absolutely crazy if he spent that sort of money and play Azpi and Ivanovic for most games.

I'm not a big fan of this guy, but I hear the name Felipe Luis nowadays. Maybe Jose is actually looking for a solid backup for Azpi this summer and not our future LB.

Btw...I am all in for buying Shaw for £30m

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You