Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Talk of United coming back for him and willing to pay 40M£.

Take the money and run, I'd say it's a silly rumour all day but there is no price Mourinho won't pay for a tall slow defensive minded midfielder.

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

Only chance I would even consider sending him to a domestic rival is if we signed Bakayoko and another class midfielder like Verratti or Tolisso. That looks impossible now.

Selling a player who started most of our games en route to a title to a direct rival would be madness unless we get the better of the deal. Giving Mourinho and United a player that would greatly improve them would be extremely foolish.

Will he ??

What is it exactly that Matic offers and could significantly improve them ??

Aerial capability ? Fellaini and Pogba already possess that and Matic doesn't win enough aerial duels for his size anyways.

Composure on the ball ? He can look like Zidane fur a full game at times, at times meaning twice a year at best, they already have Pogba who is elite technically and Herrera is really good in that departement as well.

Mobility to an already very static and slow team ? Yeah right, Matic, mobility.

Stability to the midfield in a more holding role ? He isn't even a pure defensive midfielder, his best position is in a double pivot protected by a hard working offensive midfielder ( Oscar ) and he can be marvellous at times in retaining possession and using the ball, but once again, it doesn't happen much anymore does it ?

The only was I see it is through United failing to secure their main midfield targets this summer and settling for a PL proved double champion for the time being to replace the soon outgoing Carrick, and we all know the difference in quality between both even at this age.

Mourinho loves tall static midfielders, seemingly adding "composure & stability" [emoji1] to his team, if those are the boxes José is still trying to tick then I'm not even afraid of them at all going into the season.

Let them have him, 40M£ less of their ( albeit unlimited ) summer budget for a player that will hardly improve them, if that also means they won't be getting additional midfielders then it would actually feel like a signing for ourselves.

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Adnane said:

Will he ??

What is it exactly that Matic offers and could significantly improve them ??

A nonchalant Style of Play, Vision, the Ability to tear holes into opposing Defences with direct Passes, Great first Touch, The Skill to get past multiple opposing Players and an uncanny Ability to reclaim the Ball ..

That's why I believe Conte doesn't want to sell him. He's too valuable and one of the Cornerstones of the Team.

On 9.6.2017 at 10:33 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

You know nothing about Chelsea or it's fans mate you're talking out of your brown eye. Going back to the 70's Chelsea fans are at the player of the year presentation the audience is a mixture of members, season ticket holders and fans from various supporters groups. This is a fans forum but you seem to object to fans it's such a weird juxtaposition. Fans getting fleeced is not just unique to football it happens in music especially where the band are aimed at a young audience.

I've been to Stamford Bridge when the crowds have been 6,000 back in the early 80's. To put that into context that's what the shed holds now so yes the club needs it's fans just like Nemanja Matic needs his.

Going back to the 70s ... You're funny mate :D

Yeah, I know things were different back then ... I also remember when Teams like Villa made it among the Top 3 Teams and when Teams like Norwich, Queens Park Rangers and Blackburn made it among the Top 5 Clubs.

I also remember when Football was competitive and not a spending race in order to give a few privatized and rich Teams an advantage in winning Titles.

But Football has been taken away from the Fans since then, and we have not reclaimed it. We succumbed to the Price Tags and Club Exlusiveness forced upon us.

How is it possible that (the most expensive) PL Ticket costs 1800 Pounds or how is it possible that Teams like Bristol ore Millwall sell Season Tickets for 400 Pounds?

The Times Clubs were (partly ore fully) owned by Fans- ore Supporters Trusts ore Mutual Trusts are over. Almost at least, with a few Exceptions out there.

Large Trenches have been created between Clubs and it's Supporters and while Club Owners as well as Players seem content and even happy with it, Fans still pledge their Loyalty by paying any Price necessary.

33 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

40mln£? Well i would not even think and take him to Manchester now.

that is like 10m more than Bayern paid for Tolisso. If someone is really willing to pay that much for an average player like Matic we should not think tiwce. But I am 100% no one is dumb enough to do that. 

9 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Going back to the 70s ... You're funny mate :D

Yeah, I know things were different back then ... I also remember when Teams like Villa made it among the Top 3 Teams and when Teams like Norwich, Queens Park Rangers and Blackburn made it among the Top 5 Clubs.

I also remember when Football was competitive and not a spending race in order to give a few privatized and rich Teams an advantage in winning Titles.

But Football has been taken away from the Fans since then, and we have not reclaimed it. We succumbed to the Price Tags and Club Exlusiveness forced upon us.

How is it possible that (the most expensive) PL Ticket costs 1800 Pounds or how is it possible that Teams like Bristol ore Millwall sell Season Tickets for 400 Pounds?

The Times Clubs were (partly ore fully) owned by Fans- ore Supporters Trusts ore Mutual Trusts are over. Almost at least, with a few Exceptions out there.

Large Trenches have been created between Clubs and it's Supporters and while Club Owners as well as Players seem content and even happy with it, Fans still pledge their Loyalty by paying any Price necessary.

Not sure why going back to the 70's is funny and you're right on some of your points. Aston Villa won the European in 1982 and are still a massive club. 1982 was the year when we were getting crowds of 6000 quite regularly. You're correlation between Millwall and Premier League clubs is a pretty weak argument you'd pay a massive ticket price to see a West End show while you could probably see the same show at a provincial theatre for a fiver. Teams like Millwall and Bristol City get there support from the local community while clubs like Chelsea our support comes mainly from the London suburbs.

The days of the local businessman being chairman of football clubs has almost diminished. Football and I don't particularly like it is a global game with blanket coverage and money talks unfortunately. I do yearn for the days of the 70's and 80's when football was a Saturday ritual with your mates and the days of the Shed but those days are gone. One thing your love for Matic you're taking the piss right ?

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

While I agree we need to improve on this guy, he is still quite underrated here. 

He created more chances than Kante for example.

Should be kept as a squad option unless we sign two new central midfielders. We have tons of matches next season and he'll get plenty of game time even if he's not first choice.

Seling him and replacing his spot with Bakayoko leaves us in the same spot we're in now. We need more options in the middle of the pitch.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Should be kept as a squad option unless we sign two new central midfielders. We have tons of matches next season and he'll get plenty of game time even if he's not first choice.

Seling him and replacing his spot with Bakayoko leaves us in the same spot we're in now. We need more options in the middle of the pitch.

Indeed. I was hoping for Tolisso, Matic, Cesc and Kante or Tolisso, Bakayoko, Cesc, Kante midfield options for next season. 

Unless we have something else under sleeve that nobody knows yet.

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Think the only way you can convince Matic and Cesc to stay is if you play 3 man midfield regularly. That should ensure Matic, Kante, Bakayoko, and Cesc plenty of playing time.

seems plausible

With Cesc being the only creative mid of the 4, I think he will play quite alot one way or the other, because he offers something else.

If Baka succeeds, Matic will become nothing but backup for rotation, equaly important to keep players fresh, but from Matic perspective, not the best position. 

Cesc will surely stay, but Matic might decide to leave.

Either way we will need at least 4 midfielders, the only question is who will be the 4th; Matic, Chalobah or someone else.

35 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Think the only way you can convince Matic and Cesc to stay is if you play 3 man midfield regularly. That should ensure Matic, Kante, Bakayoko, and Cesc plenty of playing time.

If we start playing 3-man midfield regularly, then we are going to get issues with the forward players.

15 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

With Cesc being the only creative mid of the 4, I think he will play quite alot one way or the other, because he offers something else.

If Baka succeeds, Matic will become nothing but backup for rotation, equaly important to keep players fresh, but from Matic perspective, not the best position. 

Cesc will surely stay, but Matic might decide to leave.

Either way we will need at least 4 midfielders, the only question is who will be the 4th; Matic, Chalobah or someone else.

In my ideal scenario we need 2 Cesc type CM's whilst signing Bakayoko, keeping Matic, and obviously Kante. Signing a midfielder who can offer what Fabregas does should be priority number 1. If he were unavailable or out of form we have zero creativity in midfield and we'd be right back to getting dominated in midfield by the top sides like we did last season.

I can't imagine, for instance, lining up against Bayern/Madird/Barca/Juve etc with a midfield 2 of Kante/Baka or Kante/Matic again. They'd all run rings around us and they'd have zero vision or ideas. Nevermind the likes of Spuds/City/United in the PL.

I think we absolutely must play with 3 in the middle this season. No more 3-4-3 as the primary formation.