Nemanja Matic

.Cee

39 minutes ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Ungrateful clowns that doesn't have a clue about football, that's what some of out fans are. Pretty sure he will have plenty of offers from great teams if he wants to leave, what i hope doesn't happen anyway soon.

Spot on Mate.

14 hours ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Ungrateful clowns that doesn't have a clue about football, that's what some of our fans are. Pretty sure he will have plenty of offers from great teams if he wants to leave, what i hope doesn't happen anyway soon.

No one denies that he was an valuable asset in our last title winning team, but he has been below par for too long now. His sloppiness, his lack of awareness,passing range and technique is costing us, especially in big games. Yes he shut down the shop against City the other day, but in the majority of this kind of games he looks lost. We can´t go far in Europe next season when we have limited guys like him in our starting XI. There are much better players than him out there, I would swap him for Nainggolan in a heartbeat. 

And I´m not sure which great teams are after Matic unless you consider Mourinho´s United as a top team. 

11 minutes ago, Beigl said:

No one denies that he was an valuable asset in our last title winning team, but he has been below par for too long now. His sloppiness, his lack of awareness,passing range and technique is costing us, especially in big games. Yes he shut down the shop against City the other day, but in the majority of this kind of games he looks lost. We can´t go far in Europe next season when we have limited guys like him in our starting XI. There are much better players than him out there, I would swap him for Nainggolan in a heartbeat. 

And I´m not sure which great teams are after Matic unless you consider Mourinho´s United as a top team. 

Laughable post. Nainggolan and Matic isn't even the same typ of player, Nainggolan is having his best ever season as one of the attacking midfielders in a 3-4-3 (kinda like Conte uses Cesc sometimes) while Matic is a pure destroyer and a big reason for us going on to most probably winning the title.

9 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Laughable post. Nainggolan and Matic isn't even the same typ of player, Nainggolan is having his best ever season as one of the attacking midfielders in a 3-4-3 (kinda like Conte uses Cesc sometimes) while Matic is a pure destroyer and a big reason for us going on to most probably winning the title.

Nainggolan is also better than Matic defensively (his tackles and aggressivness are second to none) and, as you said, offensively because he is versatile. Matic on the other hand is an one dimensional player, who doesn´t have many skills going forward. When Matic is pressed he is basically useless, because he isn´t a good passer and because of that we will struggle against the big teams in europe.

7 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Nainggolan is also better than Matic defensively (his tackles and aggressivness are second to none) and, as you said, offensively because he is versatile. Matic on the other hand is an one dimensional player, who doesn´t have many skills going forward. When Matic is pressed he is basically useless, because he isn´t a good passer and because of that we will struggle against the big teams in europe.

You dont get my point. Nainggolan has never performed at this level as a defensive midfielder, its first this year when he has been played in a more advanced position that he is thriving.

While it's true they don't even play the same role (Nainggolan has played closer to Hazard or Hamsik's role this season than Matic's), it's obvious the Belgian is more versatile, it's clear which of the 2 has had more poor seasons, and there's a night-and-day difference between their mentalities.

That said, expectations would obviously have to be managed in the dream-world where we sign Naing. In a midfield 2 with Kante he'd probably stop venturing forward as much as he does now, and it's only since he started doing so, that he graduated from a Tottenham/Atletico/Roma tier player to a player worthy of winning any league. Again though, with that said, sometimes even when a player's had an attacking mindset, and you remove that, you see that their defensive game was secretly improving the whole time too. That's the case with Luiz, and I think it's a likely case here. There's a chance we haven't seen the best of him still, which would be crazy, really.

15 hours ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Ungrateful clowns that doesn't have a clue about football, that's what some of our fans are. Pretty sure he will have plenty of offers from great teams if he wants to leave, what i hope doesn't happen anyway soon.

At least @ me, next time you call me a clown. What makes him stand out? Do you realise he was put there to help in midfield, which he undoubtedly did, but just after KdB and Sane went off. And it was more of the fact we had ANY defensive presence, rather than Fabregas having to track back.

He lost his marker 4 times on set pieces. Do I remind you what COULD have happened, if City had luck on their side? Stones missing a header and a sitter and Kompany hitting the post is definitely me underrating Matic for his fantastic contribution. Or maybe it was that fantastic backheel vs Burnley. Or the fact, he is a professional footballer and had to wait when the ball was above him, to realise he has to turn around and track the pass, because it's missplaced(vs Palace). And this is just off the top of my head. Matic barely offers anything. BARELY. Remind me, what his qualities are? I really fail to see them, whenever we play. He is supposed to bring stability in midfield? Swear, I've rarely seen such in matches where we aren't on the front foot. Kante still does 90 % of the work. His passing - above average. His positioning - abysmal. Aerial duels and Marking - awful. Explain to me, WHAT is his exact quality, because I really can't wrap my head around it. An above average player, who nearly no top side would have in their team. Do you see him fitting at Bayern, Juventus, Real, Barca? Don't make me laugh. Matic is Everton quality. I'd rather keep Willian than him. He is that invaluable. And, I've also always stated, that, the moment we get someone dynamic next to Kante, be it Bakayoko/ Nainggolan or etc., you'd see just how average Matic really was. So, if you are planning on disagreeing, please don't bother replying, just sit back and wait.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

If you don't agree with someone then debate it out, otherwise do not shot personal insults around please.

I'm not the one saying someone else is a clown, who doesn't understand football. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

1 minute ago, LondonsFinest said:

I'm not the one saying someone else is a clown, who doesn't understand football. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

That's my point, everyone is entitled to an opinion but throwing personal insults around won't happen around here. It wasn't you so need to worry yourself, but this is not just in this thread but across the board.

Dead simple.

Its very hard for me to get my head round that 2 seasons ago we was praising him being the best DM going and now I'm finding it difficult to understand his thinking sometime.

Whether his nose has been put out of place with N'Golo joining and getting all the praise or he just needs a different kind of setup/formation/partner? I really dont know.

I really like the lad and chatted with him a short time but theres no room for sentiment in team selection and I personally wouldn't gamble on him next season and hopefully we can find a better option.

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

That's because the praise was exaggerated (I see the same happening with Kanté). All the good is perceived as great and all the bad is ignored. While I never rated him as the best, I too got very excited and thought he was a top defensive midfielder in 2014. But maybe he was at the time. He was playing really good football (domestically anyway). It happens. Playing at the maximum of your capabilities for a certain period of time.

But if you take off the blinders and remain critical at all times, you can still notice flaws. And the severity of those flaws will help you to truly judge the quality of the player.

I thought Matic started the season off well enough but his form tailed more than a minute ago. He's played his part in Chelsea's current position but mostly because of the skillset he offers. But he's not good enough.

Yeah you're right tho I dont think so about N'Golo. I think he will only get better.

Most times I watch us I'm lucky enough to see them live home or away and /I think I watch it live with a different mindset than on the telly where I do tend to be more critical. Whereas at the ground I try hard not to be critical as it just goes to spoiling a good day out. I wait till I come here to whine bitch and moan when necessary haha

I'm pretty sure Conte isn't happy with the midfield with the substitutions he's making. And if he rated Matic he'd have started him. Who do you guys think we can realistically sign in midfield in the summer to replace Matic ?