CHELSEA FC PUB CLUBHOUSE OF KEVIN ARNOLD ASHBURNER

KevinAshburner

I found this Post on a Blog on our Team Chelsea FC.

http://meenchoi.blogspot.co.nz/2013/03/chelsea-fc.html

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chelsea FC "History from pensioners to lions"

It's been a long time posting about my senior thesis. After first semester illustrating portraits of soccer players, I realized that I had too much portraits in my portfolio. So I changed my thesis, so it is not portraits anymore. But because I still wanted to continue on soccer theme, I decided to illustrate clubs in English Premier League (EPL). But I didn't want to illustrate typical illustration of clubs with their legend players, or managers with bunch of flowing stuff. It would be more like illustrations with some researches of the teams. First club to illustrate was Manchester United, but because I am still working on it, I post about second one, which is for Chelsea FC.

Chelsea_FC.svg.png
Chelsea's most recent crest (from wiki)
Chelsea is one of the popular and successful teams in EPL. It was founded in 1905 (it has been more than 100 years!) located in Fulham, London. Since Chelsea was founded, they have played in Stamford Bridge Stadium with great supporters. (Chelsea has fifth highest average of attendance in EPL; regularly over 40,000 supporters.) They won several winning cups from FA, championship, and EPL. (They won against Bayern Munch in the championship league final in 2012, and the game was CRAZY!) Chelsea is also ranked in 7 as the most valuable soccer club in the world. When I researched about their crest, I found something pretty interesting. Their first crest started with Chelsea pensioners.
Chelsea_First_Badge.png
pensioner's uniform is actually royal red, but in the crest, it is blue. In 1952, the pensioner was removed to change club's image, and in 1953, they put lion. So I started my sketches from there.
sketch.jpg
This is the sketch before final.
final_rs.jpg
Final
final_rs_002.jpg

final_rs_001.jpg
close up shots

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kevin if you had to make a football team solely on Talk Chelsea members, who would they be and why?

THE FIRST (1ST) - ELEVEN SQUAD TEAM LINEUP

post-10313-0-31005300-1396097117_thumb.j

THE SECOND (2ND) - ELEVEN SQUAD TEAM LINEUP

post-10313-0-40939100-1396096891_thumb.j

THE THIRD (3RD) - ELEVEN SQUAD TEAM LINEUP

post-10313-0-62748600-1396096833_thumb.j

Wehatescouse .... We need to rumble together leading that line!

@KevinAshburner, Why am I on the bech KEVIN? I'm quite good at football, I'm right-back/left-back like Azpilicueta.

Sorry @Melanicus I didn't have much time to think about. It was hard trying to get 18 players and where to put them without actually seeing them play actual football and what positions they play. It wouldn't have mattered where I put anybody because I would have disappointed somebody anyway. This Squad was done in Less than 24 hours. I didn't have much time to figure it out.

I will be making more of those Pictures of the FORUM.TALKCHELSEA.NET FOOTBALL CLUB Team Squad Lineup and a different Squad Lineup.

My Favourite Top 6 Formations in Order

My Favourite Team Squad Lineup Formations are

1. 4 - 4 - 2
  2. 5 - 4 - 1
  3. 4 - 5 - 1
  4. 4 - 3 - 3
  5. 3 - 4 - 3
  6. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

The Other 4 Formations

1. 3 - 5 - 1
  2. 5 - 3 - 2
  3. 4 - 1 - 4 - 1
  4. 4 - 4 - 1 - 1

My Other 3 Formations I would love to see played more in Professional Football.Played in Real Football.

1. 5 - 5 - 0
  2. 6 - 4 - 0
  3. 4 - 6 - 0

I PREFER TO PLAY AS A TARGET MAN UP TOP LIKE DROGBA SO OF YOU COULD ADJUST YOUR SQUAD IT WOULD MAKE MY DAY

post-10313-0-87815600-1396155868_thumb.j

TEAM FORMATION: 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

1ST CAPTAIN: Stingray

2ND CAPTAIN: We Hate Scouse

3RD CAPTAIN: CHOULO19

THE NAME OF OUR STADIUM: THE SAMSUNG & ADIDAS FORUM.TALKCHELSEA.NET STADIUM GROUND ARENA

LOCATION OF OUR STADIUM: CHELSEA, WEST LONDON, ENGLAND. (UNITED KINGDOM)

Edited by KevinAshburner

attachicon.gifFORUM.TALKCHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB - MAIN SQUAD TEAM LINEUP - 000.jpg

TEAM FORMATION: 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

1ST CAPTAIN: Stingray

2ND CAPTAIN: We Hate Scouse

3RD CAPTAIN: Alex

THE NAME OF OUR STADIUM: THE SAMSUNG & ADIDAS FORUM.TALKCHELSEA.NET STADIUM GROUND ARENA

LOCATION OF OUR STADIUM: CHELSEA, WEST LONDON, ENGLAND. (UNITED KINGDOM)

I am honoured to play on the spot of Eden. Also, will be a fierce captain!!!!

@tiwaz fu :Goober: