Can we develop Oscar into a CM?

Gilvorak

When you see the impact Ramsey has had on Arsenal surely the thought must have been brought up amongst our coaching staff.

Not saying it'll immediately work but considering Jose has talked up developing and grooming this current crop of players he's been blessed with its a possibility right?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramsey was never really an attacking midfielder though, and if it isn't broken, don't fix it, I'm delighted with how Oscar is playing for us this season when he's playing in the centre attacking midfielder.

Even though, Oscar's workrate this season in the #10 role means he is playing like a centre midfielder already. I'd rather keep him where he is though.

Ramsey is having a fine season though, and fair play to him, Was heavily critcised last season but has really come to the fore. Along with another fantastic goal today.

Like the Luiz project, no........

Oscar, does not have the weight to play cm week in and out. Oscar looks amazing "tackler" and "work rate" mainly due to the fact he is a #10. However, if he becomes a cm, he's going to get expose defensively and the better teams outside of England (most epl teams cms suck) will expose this... (unless we park the bus)

Wenger is a fantastic developer of young guns, especially on the attacking side. Mourinho on the otherhand was never known to develop young kids....Especially, offensively.

if anything against ManCity I guess he - or Mourinho or both - were going for the creative CAM thing if you ask me.

I'd rather trying to make him someone like Mata or Ozil rather than Schweinsteiger or Alonso. Just not sure if Matas and Ozil can be made or if they're born that way :P

My solution would be ..

1. Not sign lampard (like i said last season)

2. Sell 2 ams and most of the loanees that are ams

3. Steal a cm from the Spurs (Pref. sandro) We need effing meat

4. Go outside of England and gets a cm, cause the cms in England suck

I would rather put Luiz as a cm for epl games, rather than lampard/ mikel.

My solution would be ..

1. Not sign lampard (like i said last season)

2. Sell 2 ams and most of the loanees that are ams

3. Steal a cm from the Spurs (Pref. sandro) We need effing meat

4. Go outside of England and gets a cm, cause the cms in England suck

I would rather put Luiz as a cm for epl games, rather than lampard/ mikel.

Thank God you're not actually in charge of solutions then...

Luiz can play against lower lvl cms, which the epl consist of.

The main reason Lampard was so bad today was because he can't defend/anticipate/position himself correctly. It's not his fault, he's not a natural DM. And neither is Luiz.

Luiz might be able to defend (95% of the time) but he is way to rash to be a DM. It's like he has OCD, he can't sit still, he just wants the ball. He's like a dog; that's the only way I can describe Luiz in midfield.

Ramsey was never really an attacking midfielder though, and if it isn't broken, don't fix it, I'm delighted with how Oscar is playing for us this season when he's playing in the centre attacking midfielder.

Even though, Oscar's workrate this season in the #10 role means he is playing like a centre midfielder already. I'd rather keep him where he is though.

Ramsey is having a fine season though, and fair play to him, Was heavily critcised last season but has really come to the fore. Along with another fantastic goal today.

Yes he was. Ramsey was originally an attacking midfielder known for his attacking exploits.

Not sure why people think it isn't a possibility.

Oscar may be slight in build but he's no mug, he's feisty, has an excellent engine, tactically flexible, disciplined in nature, superb work rate and is one of the best tacklers on the team. Perhaps even the best in my opinion.

He would definitely do a lot better than Lampard in that spot anyway. Essien's knees are gone while Mikel is a 7/10 player.

The alternatives aren't good enough and a player who's perfectly capable of playing that role is keeping a WC Am on the bench.

I believe moving Oscar deeper and Mata back into the #10 spot will fix two of the four major problems in the team (putrid midfield play in the pivot and lack of creativity upfront). The other two are of course our offensively challenged fullbacks and inconsistent play for the strikers.

No reason why it can't be tried before we completely dismiss the thought of it happening.

Yes he was. Ramsey was originally an attacking midfielder known for his attacking exploits.

Not sure why people think it isn't a possibility.

Oscar may be slight in build but he's no mug, he's feisty, has an excellent engine, tactically flexible, disciplined in nature, superb work rate and is one of the best tacklers on the team. Perhaps even the best in my opinion.

He would definitely do a lot better than Lampard in that spot anyway. Essien's knees are gone while Mikel is a 7/10 player.

The alternatives aren't good enough and a player who's perfectly capable of playing that role is keeping a WC Am on the bench.

I believe moving Oscar deeper and Mata back into the #10 spot will fix two of the four major problems in the team (putrid midfield play in the pivot and lack of creativity upfront). The other two are of course our offensively challenged fullbacks and inconsistent play for the strikers.

No reason why it can't be tried before we completely dismiss the thought of it happening.

Ramsey from a young age has been touted as a box to box midfielder mate, and always played in the middle of Arsenal's 4-3-3 when they played it, They changed it last season to a more 4-2-3-1. The reason I wouldn't like Oscar there is because its taking away his attacking license. Oscar has played in the #10 role all of his career and putting him into a deeper role would confuse him if anything, How can we expect Oscar to sit when his natural abillity is to break forward and support the play? I doubt it's going to happen anyway, Mourinho has already shown us that he sees Oscar as a huge player for us, in the #10 role.

I agree with you on Oscar but I also think he does alot of the centre midfielders work while in the #10 role. We need a new centre midfielder in my opinion, Someone who will allow the likes of Oscar to shine.

if anything against ManCity I guess he - or Mourinho or both - were going for the creative CAM thing if you ask me.

I'd rather trying to make him someone like Mata or Ozil rather than Schweinsteiger or Alonso. Just not sure if Matas and Ozil can be made or if they're born that way :P

I don't think Ozil can be made, just a class act whenever you see him play.

As for Mata...he goes missing in alot of games. He really needs to step up if he wants to claim the CAM position from Oscar.

Back to the original post, I say keep Oscar as the CAM.

When you see the impact Ramsey has had on Arsenal surely the thought must have been brought up amongst our coaching staff.

Not saying it'll immediately work but considering Jose has talked up developing and grooming this current crop of players he's been blessed with its a possibility right?

My question is why?

I think his best position is still no 10.

about cm, i still really not like what mourinho does with Lampard

he become our first selection, he really play regularly, week in week out

im still fine, even aging player not supposed to become first choice (he play almost every game)

but playing him in pivot make him average player in so many games and really effect to the team

i think the possiblity, give time to making oscar learn to play in the pivot is worth to try

than giving time for making mata as winger, and playing lampard there again and again

I used to think this was worth a try, but now I'm not sure what the point of moving our best player this season out of his natural position is. Jose did it yesterday in order to play Mata and we looked as hopeless going forward as we did last season when we utilised these players in the same way.

For me there has to be a choice between Oscar and Mata, and most times I'd pick Oscar. Yes he is tenacious enough to get stuck in to midfield battles, but why try to change something that has been working well this season? Let's go back to what was working just a week ago and see what impact that has before everyone starts panicking.