Can we develop Oscar into a CM?

Gilvorak

My solution would be ..

1. Not sign lampard (like i said last season)

2. Sell 2 ams and most of the loanees that are ams

3. Steal a cm from the Spurs (Pref. sandro) We need effing meat

4. Go outside of England and gets a cm, cause the cms in England suck

I would rather put Luiz as a cm for epl games, rather than lampard/ mikel.

I was with you until you said Sandro. It is completely irrational how overhyped that guys is, especially if you consider that he's spent most of his time in England injured.

On topic, I think most reasons of why not have been covered. If we are going to experiment at CM, the logical choice would be KDB, not Oscar.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was with you until you said Sandro. It is completely irrational how overhyped that guys is, especially if you consider that he's spent most of his time in England injured.

On topic, I think most reasons of why not have been covered. If we are going to experiment at CM, the logical choice would be KDB, not Oscar.

Sandro was england's best dm prior to his injury last season.....

The main reason Lampard was so bad today was because he can't defend/anticipate/position himself correctly. It's not his fault, he's not a natural DM. And neither is Luiz.

Luiz might be able to defend (95% of the time) but he is way to rash to be a DM. It's like he has OCD, he can't sit still, he just wants the ball. He's like a dog; that's the only way I can describe Luiz in midfield.

So, we should just have Cech punt balls forward than and expect our tweeners to win headers????

O, i dont rate luiz as a cm as well, if it was my choice Ake would be getting all the reps as i said last season ake should...

Yes cause song was in england last season...

Also, song doesnt play defense. GO ask arsenal fans

I thought you were talking about the end of the season before that where he was in decent form.

So Sandro was the second best DM in England after Carrick for 3 months (although you could argue that on form alone, Schneiderlin was better as well). And to think he's not in the shortlist for the Ballon d'Ore!

I thought you were talking about the end of the season before that where he was in decent form.

So Sandro was the second best DM in England after Carrick for 3 months (although you could argue that on form alone, Schneiderlin was better as well). And to think he's not in the shortlist for the Ballon d'Ore!

Why the snappy behaviour? Why not discuss the merits of what members say rather than being dismissive or calling them fanboys?

Korea made a fair point about a player being the best in his position over a three month period - that's all. You can either disagree or not, but just because he pointed out a mistake you made you get hysterical.

He has all the tools to play there, as a box to box with attacking and defensive responsibilities. I get we would boss the possession stats even more with him in there, but we'd have to tweak the system a little bit.

But for now I'd say we just need a DM/CM in January so we can keep things as they are for now. It's Jose's call though.

Why the snappy behaviour? Why not discuss the merits of what members say rather than being dismissive or calling them fanboys?

Korea made a fair point about a player being the best in his position over a three month period - that's all. You can either disagree or not, but just because he pointed out a mistake you made you get hysterical.

Sorry couldn't help it. It's just that you're such a big influence in my life! I was bound to pick up your method of "debating" eventually..

Sorry couldn't help it. It's just that you're such a big influence in my life! I was bound to pick up your method of "debating" eventually..

Not sure when I've ever been an admin on a website and got my knickers in such a twist that I've posted personal information on to a public forum....but then I don't make comments about rape (it's a cultural difference I think).

Enjoy your afternoon.

I'm not a fan of Oscar but maybe he could work in a midfield 3.

But in a pivot he is too weak, not enough work rate and has poor passing, gives the ball away a lot, would not work..

Also not Brazilian enough, has blonde hair and looks too old.

Yes take Oscar away from the #10 role where he's best and play him as a CM where it doesn't utilize any of his major strengths like finding space in between the lines, roaming off the ball to make himself available to the double pivot and his other team mates. I hate this idea of converting him into a CM, whats the point, hes a 25m #10 who is going to be world class, why convert him?

Slightly off topic but does anyone watch Pat Nevin's weekly analyses? He did a segment on Azpilicueta and thinks he should be tried in CM. I'm normally skeptical of the Wenger style of 'reinventing' players and playing them out of position but on the other hand, why not try azpi in CM? He's not really a great crosser but very good on the ball and presses well. He's more disciplined than Luiz, more tactically aware and has the energy to get up/down the pitch. Thoughts?

Here's the Pat Nevin video. The segment on Azpi is at 3:44

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16m590_analyse-that-pat-arsenal-v-chelsea_sport

So, we should just have Cech punt balls forward than and expect our tweeners to win headers????

O, i dont rate luiz as a cm as well, if it was my choice Ake would be getting all the reps as i said last season ake should...

In a perfect world we'd have either Aké or Chalobah being developed there at the moment since Mikel is our only true DM, but alas...

Yes he was. Ramsey was originally an attacking midfielder known for his attacking exploits.

I think Oscar could do a job in the pivot but using Ramsey as a reason to justify it is wrong.

Ramsey was never a #10, always been a CM in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 in his Cardiff days, and more recently in the 4-2-3-1 Arsenal play. He's never been an 'in the hole' player like Oscar so the move wasn't unnatural to him.

Ramsey is already used to playing deep and disciplining himself, he's done that from day 1.