• Eto'o
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Torres (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petr Cech was great - one huge save when we were 1-0 down and then one even huger save when we were 2-1 up. Only the lack of communication with Luiz might be in question but anyway, he played a massive part in today's win.

Three times this season already we have took Mata off with the scores tied and gone onto win.

This is a reference to how strong the squad is before any one get's precious, last season taking Mata off would have effectively handed over points to the opposition.

As I said, the Mata and Hazard combination is a myth, the team can get along fine.

Not a myth at all in my opinion, especially basing it on last season. Mata still played around 60 minutes in the game, and Hazard has had one of his best games (over the whole game) this season. When Mata hopefully hits form as well the link up play between the two will hopefully be on full display again.

There were times last season when their play was pretty much orgasmic, so it's not something I just made up. I do believe Hazard in general plays better when playing with Mata - and I'm basing that largely on how well the two played together last season.

poor performance, great result. twice in a row now. shows the depth and class we have in our squad.

cech - some really really good saves. but a poor goal to concede. but cant blame him for it. 8/10

iva- pathetic performance. awful crosses. azpi should get alook in to the team after this. 4/10

luiz - idiotic, stupid, horrendous. dont know what he was doin for the goal. should have been his ball to deal with or at the least, checked the run of the striker to give cech the time. then the yellow card and loosing the ball in the opposition half. simply pathetic. (-)1/10

terry - my motm. dealt with everything solidly. he is showing he is still the boss. 9/10

bertrand - i felt he was pretty decent in his time. a couple of great runs down the flank, was solid in defence and a better performance than any that cole has given in any of the PL matches this season. 7/10

ramires - full throttle commitment. hard-tackles but simply not good enough to break a good defence. his steal of the ball which led to the goal characterises his performance. hord-working but he needs a CM who can put those incisive balls and provide creatiivity. 7/10

lamps - decent. not great. towards the 60th minute mark he got over-run a couple of times. not the CM we need but he will have to make do. 7/10

mata - was not much of a threat. his set-pieces were his best attribute which says a lot. 6/10

hazard- got the first and the last goal but i felt he was pretty average i the first half. only when the game opened up and he got space to run did he become a threat. he has to become more direct like schurlle in taking on the LB rather than continously drifting inward.

7.5/10

willian - was invisible in the first half and was most influential in doubling back to provide cover fot iva. 7/10

etoo - second MOTM for me. link up play was wonderful and scored a match-winning/match-changing goal. 8.5/10

subs -

torres - influential. tried to make a difference and is running around with a purpose which is more than what u can say about his last 2 and a half years. 7.5/10

oscar - beauty of a goal to put the match to rest. he is showing exactly why jose (not the majority of us or even me) is putting so much trust into him. 8/10

azpi - decent. dint have much to deal with as we ran them ragged with counters in towards the end. but he definitely deserves a real shot at thr RB position. 7/10

but in the end it all comes down to the SPECIAL ONE. 2 MATCHES, 6 POINTS and 2 match changing decisions to lead us to win.

Not a myth at all in my opinion, especially basing it on last season. Mata still played around 60 minutes in the game, and Hazard has had one of his best games (over the whole game) this season. When Mata hopefully hits form as well the link up play between the two will hopefully be on full display again.

There were times last season when their play was pretty much orgasmic, so it's not something I just made up. I do believe Hazard in general plays better when playing with Mata - and I'm basing that largely on how well the two played together last season.

Hazard in the first half was poor, besides his goal he didn't contribute much besides a nice pass to Eto'o, he was barely visible. Mata was poor, Oscar shown once again why he is the more suitable CAM when he came off the bench. It doesn't matter about your online popularity, it can come from anyones mouth it's still wrong. They don't need each other Hazard can perform with or without Mata and the same goes for Mata.

They don't need each other Hazard can perform with or without Mata and the same goes for Mata.

I never said that they aren't able to perform without each other - what I did say is that they perform better when both are on form, simply because I believe they have a great understanding. That's why I attributed Mata not playing/having a poor start to the season as one of the reasons why Hazard is as well but I'm not saying that that was the sole reason though.

Yeah after internationals always get a laboured performance so we would probly might have dropped points today , hope and need a better performance next sunday against Man.Shitty . All in all we have hopefully lots of improvement in the side and are sitting 2 points behind Arseholes . Good to see Eto score and Willian&Bertrand get game time,thought Bertrand was unlucky to be taken off .