Players Want Grant Out

Avram Grant facing Chelsea mutiny

Exclusive by Paul Smith 20/04/2008</H2>4F99E1FD-DA01-FCAD-6CBD718622045FBF.jpg Avram Grant (Pic:Getty)

The backdrop to Chelsea's Champions League clash with Liverpool is a revolt among some senior players who want Avram Grant removed from his post as manager.Sunday Mirror Sport has been told by a senior club insider that certain Chelsea officials are aware of the mood of discontentment among the players.

The players plan to make their feelings clear to owner Roman Abramovich when the current campaign is over.

The source said: "The players can't - and are not prepared to - take much more of it and eventually they will make their voices heard.

"Something has to give. The only unity is on the field and that is down to the players.

"In a nutshell, at this level he doesn't know what to say or do. He has to go."

As many as eight players are threatening to go to Abramovich to request the removal of Grant and coach Henk Ten Cate.

Sunday Mirror

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will test Roman's faith in Grant. If he listens to the players, great, if not, we'll be seeing a wholesale change to the squad...

If the source is to be believed.

If the source is true...with luck he'll see sense...then again,stating the obvious but meh we wouldnt be having this problem if he'd kept Jose!All parties would've been happy..maybe not so much Sheva but still!

Edited by Laylabelle

Just said on Radio 5 Chelsea PR has gone into meltdown, and Simon Greenberg has warned papers with writs if they print any more about the players revolt.

He has warned journalists that they will be banned from the ManUtd game and Liverpool return leg if they print any news about the players wanting Grant out.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Why is the more Chelsea PR try to convince me that everyone within the club is all one big happy family and love Grant to bits - the less I believe it.

Agree with you Fulham, the lady doth indeed protest far too much!

Somewhy I think it's media's payback for Grant's recent bitching. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was true... But why do they want Ten Cate out ? Tbh I don't still know much about him and seeing him just sitting there doesn't tell awful a lot either.

Somewhy I think it's media's payback for Grant's recent bitching. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was true... But why do they want Ten Cate out ? Tbh I don't still know much about him and seeing him just sitting there doesn't tell awful a lot either.

Arguements I guess he seems to be causing...ok one major one but still

whatever happens next season theres gonna be a hell of a lot of changes. Romans not stupid, he knows theres a lot of shit going on atm but that will be sorted, i have 100% Faith in our russian jew.

whatever happens next season theres gonna be a hell of a lot of changes. Romans not stupid, he knows theres a lot of shit going on atm but that will be sorted, i have 100% Faith in our russian jew.
100% ? :whistling:

I dont think Roman is that silly to give the job to Grant just because he is his friend. He has invested millions into ths club, and I beleive, he is more concerned about Chelsea winning than anyone. The reason he gave Grant the job was because mid season you woudnt find top notch coaches, plus he doesnt invite -ve publicity, by ranting. I am pretty sure he is temporary. Even Buck, said he cannot give a "yes" "no" answer on Grant being te coach next season.

Chelsea captain John Terry insists that all the players are firmly behind manager Avram Grant.

Speaking ahead of their UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg clash with Liverpool at Anfield, Terry says he cannot believe reports that there is disharmony in the Chelsea camp.

Chelsea's preparations have been hampered amid reports of unrest - but Terry says nothing could be further away from the truth.

"It is bizarre because things are written and spoken about, but one thing since Avram took over, is that things are spoken about," he told Sky Sports News.

"We get together, speak our minds, speak openly and things are sorted out, within ten minutes there is no people walking out and talking behind people's backs, all these stories on the players in the news are quite laughable as we are getting in the room and talking and sorting them.

"We are totally behind the manager."

Terry says Chelsea have just one thing in their minds ahead of the game and that is to win.

"We are coming here to win the game, we are not coming here to shut up shop," said Terry.

"We are coming here to score goals and put the pressure right on Liverpool.

"Liverpool are very good defensively and going forward, so it is going to be tough for us in both directions.

"But the away goals we can possibly take back to the Bridge will help us in the long run.

"We do mean business. All season long we've shown great strength in depth in the squad with the players who have come in and kept us alive in the Champions and Barclays Leagues.

"We have shown great character and togetherness but it is about what we do tomorrow night and not what Liverpool do. We have got the players to go on and win the game and progress to the next stage.

"We have lost to Liverpool on the two previous occasions and that burning feeling is something that will never go away, but one thing that will ease it is to go on and reach the final and lift the trophy.

"That trophy is something I want to get my hands on as Chelsea captain and for the club to go down in history.

"We have had our ups and downs over the course of the season, we've had players injured and not ready and for me that has shown in the character of the whole squad not just in the starting 11.

"We have proved that whatever team is on the pitch, we have enough strength, character and big players to go on and win."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3456811,00.html

Well the team captain is hardly going to come out before a hugely important match and say the team are at odds with the manager.

My sentiments as well. Chelsea PR machine in full working order there.

We need a bit of cohesiveness before these matches are done and dusted, and can chuck the fat impostor in the Thames later.

No player is going to sit at a news conference and say that things are not good in way whatsoever!! Once again we are left to decide for ourselves what is really going on, and the truth is that we won't have a clue until the summer and we finally see for ourselves what everyones true intentions are!!

On 606 Green said that he has heard that many senior players have voiced that they are fed up with Grant and want him out and will tell anyone who asks them (not the publicly of course because they don't want to get into trouble). He said what JT has said is untrue - take your pick between JT or Green as to who you believe.

That's why you have all these sources leaking because so much stuff is actually coming out of the dressing room directly from the players themselves.

JT is just an extra PR man for Chelsea right now that's all.

Edited by pluto