Grant to have £100 m to spend

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be so peed off if we sell Sinclair cause he'll prob eventully end up somewhere scumbo land and be this amazing player and be another talent we've let go

I reckon he will go to a Newcastle or Blackburn type club - it just feels wrong that he hasn't been given more chances ahead of the likes of Malouda.

I reckon he will go to a Newcastle or Blackburn type club - it just feels wrong that he hasn't been given more chances ahead of the likes of Malouda.

I mean after he's been there.Get more funs out then a scumbo club will snap him up and we'll cry.

I know!The only way he's gana get better is experince!

My prediction is...

Out

Ben Haim

Cork

Drogba

Shevchenko

Sinclair

In

Aguero

Alves

Barry

Bentley

Benzema

Huntelaar

Palacio

Villa

Barry ? Bentley ?

And having 6 strikers in the shape of Huntelaar, Benzema, Palacio, Villa, Agüero and Pizarro... Well it just isn't realistic.

From This is London.

Chelsea manager Avram Grant has named AC Milan playmaker Kaka and Barcelona winger Lionel Messi as his top transfer targets for this summer.

The Blues boss is under fire from several quarters after his side slumped to a 1-1 draw at home to struggling Wigan Athletic on Monday night, virtually handing the Premier League title to Manchester United.

However, the Israeli national has hit back at suggestions he will not be in charge at Stamford Bridge next season by revealing he is already planning a summer of spending to strengthen the team.

Bastain Schweinsteiger would be a good buy IMO.

Yeah rate him, but do these players really want to play under Grant ?? Top players are not going to be lured by the prospect of playing at Stamford Bridge under Grant unless they're offered over the top wages imo.

Lets be serious, no matter who is in charge of the team there is no way that either Kaka or Messi are going to be comming to us!!!

Mourinho/Rijkaard would increase the odds, but names like Messi, kaka, Shevchenko are already winners anyway. I'd rather we go down the Sven route of getting hungry players on the cusp of greatness than some hackneyed old Real Madrid clone.

Finally there’s something we can agree with both Roman and Grant on if we’re to believe the latest headlines announcing their “united belief” that the squad is in dire need of an overhaul. Naturally it has to be a little more sensational than that, with the rags talking of Abramovich “defying the wrath of Chelsea fans” not only by keeping Grant in the job but also giving him £100million to spend. Whilst some allege Abramovich wants to repay Grant for stepping so quickly into his predecessor’s shoes, no doubt hoping to be vindicated for making that decision in the process, others ‘reliably’ inform us Grant’s position for next season remains unclear and could still be determined by results. But, whichever version you choose to believe, the one certainty is that the inherited squad is unsuitable for requirements and a mass clear-out is on the cards.

In what is being hailed as “the most dramatic upheaval since the unprecedented summer of spending” announcing Roman’s arrival at the club five years ago, as many as ten players could be heading for the Stamford Bridge exit. Peripheral players such as Pizarro, Sidwell and the unhappy Tal Ben-Haim, who seems to have found his voice if not his form at Chelsea, might as well grab their coats now. Shevchenko, we hear, is Milan bound, although to be fair, we’ve been hearing that one for the past two years. Whilst Grant’s preferred bench warmers: Malouda; Wright-Phillips; Bridge; Cudicini and Belletti, are placed in the ‘don’t know’ bracket, mainly because it won’t be easy to find clubs either capable of, or prepared to pay the inflated wages they’ve become accustomed to. Add to that the lengthy contracts, and we’re heading for some heavy financial losses this summer. With clubs such as Real Madrid courting the more than receptive Drogba, and Lampard also rumoured to be flirting with the idea of a summer move, it would appear the powers that be plan to eradicate any remaining allies from the previous regime and recoup some loose change in the process.

So, given an almost fresh start and £100million to play with, what would any other discerning manager do with it? Personally I’d try and lure the one-man goal machine away from Utd and see if I could scrape enough together for a beer with the change, but I’m not sure Grant’s got the right vital statistics to suit Ronaldo’s tastes, so who will he go for and how exactly does he plan on persuading them to sign? Certainly recent stories in the press don’t offer much encouragement if it’s to be believed that both David Villa and Johnathan De Guzman, given the choice would choose pretty football at the Emirates. But no matter, because Rafael van der Vaart is reported to be almost desperate for a career at The Bridge, provided we ‘stump up the required cash’, of course.

Roman however, is writing his own shopping list (or so we’re told), with the likes of Kaka, Messi and Ribery on his ‘most wanted’ list. The fact that Messi has a contract with Barca until 2014, Kaka agreed an extension to his in February, keeping him at AC Milan until 2013 and Ribery is contracted to Bayern until 2011 appears to have been overlooked when budgeting. So, unless there’s a clearance sale at ‘Players Are Us’ to match the one at Stamford Bridge this summer, I suspect the Russian’s going to be disappointed somewhere along the line.

I seriously doubt Grant's going to have either the pulling power or the money to build a squad with £100m. Was reading this morning him saying something about money not being enough to compete anymore, then in the next breath saying we need some big superstar at the Bridge to give us some clout. Does he think superstars are given away these days or what? If we're seriously planning the mass clearout everyone seems to think we are (considering how much they all cost to start with) whats £100m going to get him in terms of a replacement squad?

Edited by misschief

Well presumably we'd recoup some money from selling them. I cant see many wanting to come though - a) because of Grant and b ) because the exiting players would be saying all kinds of stuff.

The only solution is for Grant to fuck off and be replaced by a respected name.

As much as i hate the f**ker, i doubt that his presence will be enough to put players off entirely. I mean we have managed to pick up 2 top top prospects in Di Santo and Ivanovic in charge. A few more like them wouldn't go amiss...

We need to be bringing the younger next generation of stars in, the likes of Aguero and the such, and i think with the money behind him he would be able to bring in these sorts of players.

Well presumably we'd recoup some money from selling them. I cant see many wanting to come though - a) because of Grant and b ) because the exiting players would be saying all kinds of stuff.

The only solution is for Grant to fuck off and be replaced by a respected name.

So you reckon he'll get the £100m plus anything recouped from our summer sale? Hmmm, thing is thats a bloody expensive squad we'll be getting rid of and obviously we'll be lucky to get anywhere near a return on our money. So much for Kenyon's vision for 2010 eh?

Well its all speculation as to whether he'll still be here, I think the original source was the Daily Star/Mirror ? that hes getting £100 million ? Anyway I think if we win in Moscow then the wool will be well and truly pulled over Abramovichs eyes and he'll be here for another season at least.

I watch games now thinking if we win great, if we lose not so bad, another nail in Grants coffin.

Well its all speculation as to whether he'll still be here, I think the original source was the Daily Star/Mirror ? that hes getting £100 million ? Anyway I think if we win in Moscow then the wool will be well and truly pulled over Abramovichs eyes and he'll be here for another season at least.

I watch games now thinking if we win great, if we lose not so bad, another nail in Grants coffin.

You think he'll even get us to Moscow? FB you have a lot more faith in him than I do. :D

You think he'll even get us to Moscow? FB you have a lot more faith in him than I do. :D

We could possibly get to Moscow without him saying a word to the players between now and the final!!! Doesn't give him anymore credability in my eyes.

Only have to look at Liverpools record to see what a lottery that tournament is. Can just see Grant spawning it. Though we'll probably be one up against Barca, Grant will be waving his arms about like some demented puppet, put Shevchenko in goal and they'll score twice in injury time.