Grant to have £100 m to spend

Dear God No. I know it's the Mirror, and it might be bollocks, but it looks as though he's staying put. My theory is that Roman is out of touch atm, what with his new woman, and not attending games.

Avram Grant to be handed £100m spending kitty.

Roman Abramovich is ready to defy the wrath of Chelsea fans and hand Avram Grant a £100million summer spending kitty.

Abramovich was not present to witness Grant being jeered mercilessly by home supporters after Emile Heskey's late strike at Stamford Bridge dealt the Blues' title dream a devastating blow.

The Chelsea owner was back in Russia on business and is not expected to return to the UK until next Tuesday's Champions League semi-final first leg at Liverpool.

But despite the torrent of abuse once more directed in Grant's direction, Abramovich is grateful to the Israeli for stepping into the chaos caused by Jose Mourinho's abrupt departure and steering the Blues in the right direction.

And the billionaire wants to bankroll Grant and give him the chance to prove himself with his own team, with AC Milan's Kaka, Lionel Messi of Barcelona and Bayern Munich wing ace Franck Ribery heading the list of Chelsea targets.

Out could go Didier Drogba and Andriy Shevchenko, while the club would be happy to offload Florent Malouda, Juliano Belletti, Claudio Pizarro, Steve Sidwell and Tal Ben Haim.

An insider said: "Roman feels Avram has done a great job in bringing calmness to the situation, even though it has been with the squad Jose left behind.

"We can still win the two major trophies, and the only difference from before Wigan is that it requires United to lose one of the other games, not just draw it."Things can always change but Roman believes Avram deserves the chance to show what he can do with his own team."

// //share_print.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did we have to spend that amount ? a fresh winger right back and a young striker thats all.

I guess it depends on how many leave, and who leaves. But you are right, a right back, a winger (although i think we need 2) and a striker are needed big time. Also we need a creative playmaker depending on how we intend to line up next season... if 4-3-3 then one is a an absolute must..

They have also mentioned this on talkSPORT this morning. If this is what happens then I'll be giving up permanently. It'll show us that he is going to do what he wants to our club, whether we back it or not.

What he'll be hoping for is that the real fans that he will alienate will simply be replaced by yet more plastic fans, Lured to the Bridge by the prospect of seeing the likes of Messi in a Chelsea shirt. It'll also say a lot about these players and their ambition. Would it just be a case of them simply be willing to join Chelsea for the wedge? Or would perhaps one or two of them (hopefully) turn the chance down due to doubt's over Grant's capabilities?

Either way, Its venturing down the road of no return :wank2:

I would, without doubt, prefer to be in Leeds position right now. Roman Abramovich is turning our club into nothing more than a laughing stock of a very inept circus act.

I would, without doubt, prefer to be in Leeds position right now. Roman Abramovich is turning our club into nothing more than a laughing stock of a very inept circus act.

Now that is going a bit over the top don't you think!!! Rather be Leeds??

Sitting here thinking about it the absolute worst case scenario is that Roman DOES give Grant another year and £100m transfer kitty. We can be pretty sure from what we have seen from him that he will never be tactically good enough to be successful with Chelsea so there is no way he will last beyond next season!

Although i don't think that would happen, with the utter cock ups he has made this season costing us 3 trophys so far and the compelte lack of tactical knowledge coupled with the anger from Chelsea fans and the ridicule from the media i just can't see Grant being the manager next season!!!

Now that is going a bit over the top don't you think!!! Rather be Leeds??

Sitting here thinking about it the absolute worst case scenario is that Roman DOES give Grant another year and £100m transfer kitty. We can be pretty sure from what we have seen from him that he will never be tactically good enough to be successful with Chelsea so there is no way he will last beyond next season!

Although i don't think that would happen, with the utter cock ups he has made this season costing us 3 trophys so far and the compelte lack of tactical knowledge coupled with the anger from Chelsea fans and the ridicule from the media i just can't see Grant being the manager next season!!!

Is it over the top? Possibly aye

Leeds Utd now know that every person who attends their games now will be "proper" fans. Their quick demise would have seen off the plastic fans they had been attracting with their success in Europe, etc. Yes they are in the third tier of English Football, Yes they may not make it back to the premiership for another few years, But they know, That it is their club,stripped to the bone, But their club nevertheless.

What do we have? A stupid fucking Russian who treats the club as nothing more than a plaything, a toy. Who clearly doesnt give two fucks about what the majority of fans think. A board of directors who are too busy lining their pockets to endanger that living by fronting up the russian and telling him what they think. Increasingly more and more plastic fans taking The Bridge over, NO atmosphere, NO passion, NO heart on sleeve, fuck all.

Is it over the top?

Edited by changingman2000

Well for me the football and the team comes over anything else like the ammount of plastic fans at the bridge. I would much rather be where we are now than be in Leeds position. Our club could turn right around in the summer with the appointment of a top manager and everything would be hunky dory again.... Leeds will be lucky to ever see their name in the Premiership table again.

Is it over the top? Possibly aye

Leeds Utd now know that every person who attends their games now will be "proper" fans. Their quick demise would have seen off the plastic fans they had been attracting with their success in Europe, etc. Yes they are in the third tier of English Football, Yes they may not make it back to the premiership for another few years, But they know, That it is their club,stripped to the bone, But their club nevertheless.

What do we have? A stupid fucking Russian who treats the club as nothing more than a plaything, a toy. Who clearly doesnt give two fucks about what the majority of fans think. A board of directors who are too busy lining their pockets to endanger that living by fronting up the russian and telling him what they think. Increasingly more and more plastic fans taking The Bridge over, NO atmosphere, NO passion, NO heart on sleeve, fuck all.

Is it over the top?

Probably. Everyone is reacting to a story in the daily Mirror, even if he does spend £100m I actually think we will be recouping 80% of that in the sale of some big players as well. Roman will have to make money available whoever is in charge, based on the fact that so many will be leaving. Its more likely that someone has been asked the direct question 'Will money be available to spend pre season?' and someone from Chelsea said yes and the journo's have started the story from there leaving the only truth as there will be money to spend.

Don't read too much into it, like I said money will have to be available whoever is in charge but that doesn't mean it will be the Bullfrog.

The other point to take into account is the journo's have smelt blood for a long time (Grants that is) and will pick the week before our biggest week of the season to ask very difficult questions, the answers to those questions at this time are not going to be 'We aren't giving Grant any money because he won't be here' right before we play Man utd and Liverpool in the semi finals of the CL.

Probably. Everyone is reacting to a story in the daily Mirror, even if he does spend £100m I actually think we will be recouping 80% of that in the sale of some big players as well. Roman will have to make money available whoever is in charge, based on the fact that so many will be leaving. Its more likely that someone has been asked the direct question 'Will money be available to spend pre season?' and someone from Chelsea said yes and the journo's have started the story from there leaving the only truth as there will be money to spend.

Don't read too much into it, like I said money will have to be available whoever is in charge but that doesn't mean it will be the Bullfrog.

The other point to take into account is the journo's have smelt blood for a long time (Grants that is) and will pick the week before our biggest week of the season to ask very difficult questions, the answers to those questions at this time are not going to be 'We aren't giving Grant any money because he won't be here' right before we play Man utd and Liverpool in the semi finals of the CL.

Spot on. Managers never see the sack coming, and you're right they're not going to announce he's on his way just before the CL semis. Though to be honest, Steve Clarke and Ten Cates could do a better job, and Grant fucking off is hardly going to destabilise the team. Probably have a bit of a knees up.

Doing a Leeds may seem a tad exceesive, but in Pre Roman times victories often seemed ten times sweeter. Morale is low for the team and fans at the moment, - i reckon you could ask most dyed -in -the wool Chelsea fans what they think of Grant, Kenyon, Buck, Arnesen, Greenberg and even Abramovich and most would think they're cuntish.

The media have scented blood as you say, and we can feel a bit grateful that Liverpools shenangans are the bigger scoop at the moment.

Aye, makes sense

Spot on. Managers never see the sack coming, and you're right they're not going to announce he's on his way just before the CL semis. Though to be honest, Steve Clarke and Ten Cates could do a better job, and Grant fucking off is hardly going to destabilise the team. Probably have a bit of a knees up.

Doing a Leeds may seem a tad exceesive, but in Pre Roman times victories often seemed ten times sweeter. Morale is low for the team and fans at the moment, - i reckon you could ask most dyed -in -the wool Chelsea fans what they think of Grant, Kenyon, Buck, Arnesen, Greenberg and even Abramovich and most would think they're cuntish.

The media have scented blood as you say, and we can feel a bit grateful that Liverpools shenangans are the bigger scoop at the moment.

You're dead right I do miss the days when beating boro, Wigan or the like was cause for celebration but I guess that thats the price of success, we are expected to beat them (damn Wigan!) so people don't get too high when it happens.

Plastic fans - yeah there's tons of them but again its the price of success, if Leeds ever do make it back to the big time (I wouldn't mind renewing that rivalry but not for a while, let them scratch around in the lower leagues for a bit longer for my amusement) then they will suddenly pick up plastic fans as well. Swings and roundabouts man lke you said nothing or no-one is bigger than the club.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to bust the summer market wide open with bids for AC Milan star Kaka and Barcelona ace Lionel Messi.

The Mirror says Abramovich will hand Avram Grant a £100million summer spending kitty and give him the chance to prove himself with his own team. Milan's Kaka, Lionel Messi of Barcelona and Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery head the Chelsea target list as Grant has outlined his vision of leading the club in a new direction.

Tribalfootball

but thats tribal for ya.. of course =/

Living in a dream world if he thinks he can sign Messi, Kaka and Ribery......let alone for £100m

The team does need a overhaul, but we would do better to sign the next big things rather than go for the already established ones....

Living in a dream world if he thinks he can sign Messi, Kaka and Ribery......let alone for £100m

The team does need a overhaul, but we would do better to sign the next big things rather than go for the already established ones....

Exactly!Accoridng to the Sun so must be true.Ben Hiem was going on how he'd never have signed for us if he knew Jose wasnt gana be in charge lol so cant see us attracting the likes of them...wishful thinking..then again big stars always flop with us lol

Why the bloody hell is he so happy (if its true) to throw 100m away when he wouldnt even give Jose what 15m or not even that to spend on Heim..think thats a exagreration lol

Edited by Laylabelle