Yugoslavia: best squad in Europe?

Spike

Like most people my most creative thinking comes in the shower. Like the water swirling down the drain my brain was swirling around the Balkans and in particular Yugoslavia. Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro are all countries divided but were once united as Yugoslavia. There are a lot of social, political, religious and racial division but never mind the bollocks; how fucking brilliant would their football team currently be?

Look at this 23 man squad:

GK:

Asimir Begovic

Samir Handanovic

Danijel Subasic

Defence:
Branislav Ivanovic

Matija Nastasic

Stevan Savic

Darijo Srna

Nevan Subotic

Aleksandr Kolarov

Milan Bisevac

Midfield:

Miralem Pjanic

Luka Modric

Ivan Rakitic

Zdravko Kuzmanovic

Milan Badej

Aleksandar Ignjovski

Niko Kranjcar

Mateo Kovacic

Attack:

Edin Dzeko

Mario Mandzukic

Stevan Jovetic

Mirko Vucinic

Adem Llajic

Ivan Perisic

And their are literally dozens of players that could also push for a spot in the team. Talk about the real football factory of Europe.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to include Vidic, but yeah that would have been a great force. I remember in WC '98 Yugoslavia weren't bad at all even though Croatia was already there.

I didn't forget to include him as he retired in 2011.

Not only football, that country would have been fantastic almost in every sport I can think of. The funny part is that when Yugoslavia actually existed as a nation and a football squad, it had brilliant players but it had never really produced a good result.

On one side I'm very happy to be living in the age of technology and internet, but on the other side I feel so sad to have not been born in 60s or 70s to live in Yugoslavia and enjoy bands like Bijelo Dugme and Divlje Jagode...such a shame for all these wars and hatred around here :( :( But at least things are improving now, really slowly, but they are :)

And yeah, that squad is beast! :D

Like most people my most creative thinking comes in the shower. Like the water swirling down the drain my brain was swirling around the Balkans and in particular Yugoslavia. Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro are all countries divided but were once united as Yugoslavia. There are a lot of social, political, religious and racial division but never mind the bollocks; how fucking brilliant would their football team currently be?

Look at this 23 man squad:

GK:

Asimir Begovic

Samir Handanovic

Danijel Subasic

Defence:

Branislav Ivanovic

Matija Nastasic

Stevan Savic

Darijo Srna

Nevan Subotic

Aleksandr Kolarov

Milan Bisevac

Midfield:

Miralem Pjanic

Luka Modric

Ivan Rakitic

Zdravko Kuzmanovic

Milan Badej

Aleksandar Ignjovski

Niko Kranjcar

Mateo Kovacic

Attack:

Edin Dzeko

Mario Mandzukic

Stevan Jovetic

Mirko Vucinic

Adem Llajic

Ivan Perisic

And their are literally dozens of players that could also push for a spot in the team. Talk about the real football factory of Europe.

Are u kidding? Don't say Yugoslavia. Yugoslavia does not exist anymore.

YOU DON'T SAY? NEXT THING I KNOW, YOU'LL BE LECTURING ME ABOUT HOW THERE WAS A SECOND WORLD WAR.

don't you have history books down there or at least TV? Don't you know there is no Yugoslavia anymore? damn, those Aussies. surfing too much and shit.

Honey, YUGOSLAVIA DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE.

Hey have you heard about this new invention!?! Scientists call it the television. I think it's nonsense but they say you can look at moving pictures on it from your home! You don't need to go the theatre anymore? What will they think of next?!

Marko Baša is definitely better than Biševac. He's at Lille. ;) Just look at that midfield. Forwards too. WOW. Too bad we had so little brain and let some shit happen to us.

So much is really up for debate. The squad depth would be unbelievable. I haven't even included Lazar Markovic, Alen Halilovic, Nemanja Matic, Goran Pandev among others.