Focusing on... Daniele De Rossi

Melanicus

When reading our forums and checking football transfer rumours in the last few days, I became really excited about one certain rumour... We are linked with De Rossi! Being huge fan of Daniele and secret Roma lover this news gave me mixed feelings.

As you know there are two talismans in Rome. First one is Il Capitano, mr. Francesco Totti, which in Rome has god-like status. And the second one is Il Capitano Futuro, the man who is believed to be Totti's successor, Daniele De Rossi. He has been a fan of the club, since he was a kid and spent all his career playing for Roma.

But as you know, everything good ends one day and so, I believe, De Rossi's love with Roma will end soon. Why? He did not justify his €6m salary last season. He played more or less poorly, but to be honest the whole team did. The tactics did not suit him and I can say that, because he is completely different player for Italy. After the season ended, the media and fans turned on him. Also, the club managment stated that they are ready to sell Daniele for reasonable price, because »Everyone is for sale.«

de-rossi-danielle-1.jpg

And now let me start analyzing the player.

De Rossi is one of the most important players for Italy. Why? He is all-arounder. He can play in midfield, help his defenders and give an extra option in attack. He passes, runs, tackles, shoots and heads the ball. What more can you ask for? Mentaly, he is one of the best players out there. His dedication, his passion, his love for the game. He has everything and even more. In my opinion, mentality is what seperates the best from the good. He plays like Cosa Nostra (mafia) has his family kidnapped and their destiny is in his hands, or should I say legs.

His passing ability is one his best attributes. In Roma, on average, he has 53 passes per game, with 84% success. He likes to cross and pass long balls. For Italy, he passes the ball 80 times, with 90% success and has 12 long passes per game. On average, Daniele has 1 key pass per game.

Transition play, turning defence into attack is also his strength. For Italy he intercepts the ball 5 times per game, for Roma this number is 2. Talking about defending, he makes 2 tackles per match, on average. But he also has a lot of problems with cards. He is intimidating and does not take shit from anyone. He got 6 yellow cards for Roma last season and 3 for Italy in Confederations Cup.

Daniele-De-Rossi-Roma_2564551.jpg?201102

His shooting ability is not one of his key attributes. He usually has 1 shot per game, scoring only one goal last season, the one for Italy few weeks ago.

In my opinion, getting De Rossi for the right price (under €18m), would be one of the best signings of the transfer window. If we get him, our problems with holding midfielder will be solved. He is upgrade to any of the current defensive minded midfielders we have. Yes, he is 29, but who cares. He proved everyone that he is still up there, with world's best at Confederations Cup. With Mourinho's motivation and his passion for the game, he can become our key player, if we get him.

Hope you enjoyed the read.

- Artur

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@CHOULO19, Thank you mate!

Now, during holidays, I have plenty of time and I will probably kill it by writing some articles.

I am thinking about writing one about Cavani (or Cavani and Rooney comparison), what do you think?

Good article dude, you are already killing it.

@CHOULO19, Thank you mate!

Now, during holidays, I have plenty of time and I will probably kill it by writing some articles.

I am thinking about writing one about Cavani (or Cavani and Rooney comparison), what do you think?

Definitely, go for it mate :)

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't as Roma through and through as everyone says he is. He isn't Totti, by any means. Besides Totti has the luxury of living through a very great and amazing period for AS Roma, he has won the Serie A and he has regularly challenged in the CL and League. Whereas De Rossi only has the Coppa Italia under his belt. De Rossi probably has done everything he can for Roma, he can't drag them to Scudetto like Totti can (did) nor is a DM the type of player to win trophies. Forwards win games, defenders prevent losses. It's one thing to look back with pride about being a one club man, it's another to look back at trophies and titles. Depends what he wants more.

im really happy if DDR join us this summer. but reading barbara article i thought if at the end we didnt get him, its still ok for me,not like he is our missing piece or else. imo the most important ability for DM is his ability to cover large area, giving pressure to opponent's midfield all time (should has a lot stamina), and i think ramires is suited for that job. and if the role of DLP we're lacking for, the arrival of van ginkel (maybe) already filled that

but still, if DDR really come to chelsea, it'll add big boost to the team, but not the missing piece