Will we need to finish third to qualify for the UCL?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the first three major leagues get 4 places. We would need to be behind Bundesliga, La Liga and another one...

I think so!

Yes, I am right, the first 3 best leagues get 4 CL places...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficients#League_coefficient

Damn, i was hoping for us to come 3rd and Arsenal go into the UEL with Tottenham!! How awesome would that be. Still, it is good in a way that those arent the rules yet but if City and Arsenal keep letting the side down (which i still hope they do) it will happen. Serie A is awful though now, we'll never go below them again. If anything the gap will get bigger.

Not anytime soon with how far the other countries' coefficient are behind us and poorly they are performing in UEFA competitions, as The Skipper has already alluded to. And I'm pretty sure our run in the Europa League is helping to boost that coefficient, even if its not that much compared to when winning in the Champions League.

The main point is simple, the Europa League winner should be classified for Champions League automatically. But why no? eh? WHY NOT?

I agree at least it would give teams more incentive to have a real go and win the thing!

The main point is simple, the Europa League winner should be classified for Champions League automatically. But why no? eh? WHY NOT?

y-u-no-think.jpg

Also have always argued that. We, Chelsea, are englands lone competitor in Europe for 2 years now. That really is a shame for the strongest league in the world.

Not anytime soon with how far the other countries' coefficient are behind us and poorly they are performing in UEFA competitions, as The Skipper has already alluded to. And I'm pretty sure our run in the Europa League is helping to boost that coefficient, even if its not that much compared to when winning in the Champions League.

Actually you get almost as many points for wins in the EL as in the CL.

Also have always argued that. We, Chelsea, are englands lone competitor in Europe for 2 years now. That really is a shame for the strongest league in the world.

Actually you get almost as many points for wins in the EL as in the CL.

Wooops. You're right on that. My bad.