Phil Jagielka

Spike

Jag has been bossing it around for a while now. He has always been a top CB but recently he has gone beyond that. He isn't exactly young being aged 30 but he could provide a couple of seasons worth of experience and realiability. Chelsea doesn't always have to go for the 20 year old diamond in the rough.

Chelsea are suffering in the CB department and Jag could provide more than what is currently supplied. Plus he is English and that quota always needs to be filled!

Phil-Jagielka-everton.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the usual quota of transfer threads Spike posts everyday! :ph34r:

I'm trying to generate more discussion outside the usual hot spots. I'm serious about Jag though, he has turned beast mode on this season.

Jagielka has been amazing this season and if we could get him for like 10 million pounds he could give us 2,3 solid seasons!

Would you have Jagielka as your starting CB over Terry, Ivanovic or Cahill? I wouldn't. If we are going to buy a CB I'd prefer if we bought one that is infinitely better than Jagielka, not to mention younger too.

IIRC, think we were linked with him a couple of years ago before purchasing Cahill but this has no chance of happening now. As many have said, he's already 30 y/o and definitely doesn't fit into the age group of players that we're trying to have.

Would you have Jagielka as your starting CB over Terry, Ivanovic or Cahill? I wouldn't. If we are going to buy a CB I'd prefer if we bought one that is infinitely better than Jagielka, not to mention younger too.

I'd take him over Cahill.

I do agree that we should be targeting a younger CB...but on the other hand, with Terry's fitness concerns...we could use an experienced CB to help keep Luiz focused for 90 minutes.

I'd take him over Cahill.

I do agree that we should be targeting a younger CB...but on the other hand, with Terry's fitness concerns...we could use an experienced CB to help keep Luiz focused for 90 minutes.

My point proven - Cahill is not our starting CB, and Jagielka certainly isn't an improvement on Terry or Ivanovic IMO.

Luiz isn't some kid who needs an experienced CB to keep him focussed, this season has proven that exactly - he's been our best CB this season even though JT, our most experienced defender, hasn't been in the team that often.

We need a defender who compliments Luiz, someone in the mould of Terry. As I've said before, we can do a lot better than Jagielka. I still think JT's better.

Jagielka's just getting a lot of love at the moment because he had a good game against Arsenal. No one mentioned him before that.

Would have loved him a couple of seasons back, or even last Jan instead of Cahill (not that I don't like Garry), but now the deal makes little sense, imo. He's still a top CB, and so is Dawson for that matter. How those two are not starters for England is beyond me..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You