PFA Player Of The Year Nominees

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has gone through spells where he has been quiet and hasn't contributed much. end of November and start if December he went 6 games without a goal or assist and before the game against us he went 4 games without a goal or assist!

Without him god knows where Liverpool would have been. The fact he kept them in the premier League single-handely should tell you A LOT.

I'm not a Suarez' fan, but he's been consistent a whole season (goals or no goals), his presence was enough to scare everyone off.

Ferdinand :blink:

I think Bale was the favorite...

Because let's face it, the FA wouldn't give the award to Mata who can't even get a starting place in Spain XI (not really his fault) :/ even though I really wanted him to win it.

Not that we're complaining...keep him fresh for Chelsea.

Without him god knows where Liverpool would have been. The fact he kept them in the premier League single-handely should tell you A LOT.

I'm not a Suarez' fan, but he's been consistent a whole season (goals or no goals), his presence was enough to scare everyone off.

Sturridge, Coutinho and a fully fit Borini, if all three of them played all season for Liverpool they would have got them around where they are now! and when Suarez wasn't scoring or assisting he wasn't very productive at all he was having around 7 or 8 shots a game and wasting so many goal scoring opportunities! he kept trying to do everything himself and kept messing up! people seem to forget this.

Sturridge, Coutinho and a fully fit Borini, if all three of them played all season for Liverpool they would have got them around where they are now! and when Suarez wasn't scoring or assisting he wasn't very productive at all he was having around 7 or 8 shots a game and wasting so many goal scoring opportunities! he kept trying to do everything himself and kept messing up! people seem to forget this.

So you judge Liverpool based on yesterday's game ? Like seriously ?

Borini, Sturridge & Coutinho..............

Nothing to add obviously.

So you judge Liverpool based on yesterday's game ? Like seriously ?

Borini, Sturridge & Coutinho..............

Nothing to add obviously.

are you serious??? im basing it on the fact that Sturridge, Coutinho and Borini are Liverpool's best attacking options apart from Suarez and there is no doubt in my mind that if they never had Suarez but had those three instead they would be in pretty much the same position!

Bale won both awards. I have always known that most footballers aren't exactly the most sharpest pencils in the drawer but who on earth would vote for the same player in both categories? :lol:

Having now won the adult version of the POTY twice, I'm sure Bale is most ecatatic to have won the 'young' player of the year award as well. What a fucking joke, in my opinion players shouldn't even be able to get nominated as a young player when they're already mentioned up there with the big boys. Also, 23 isn't exactly that young anymore either. How many seasons has Bale been playing in the PL, is it six or seven already? Should make the YPOTY strictly for under 21's only, I'm sure someone like Lukaku or Benteke would have appreciated the award much more than a seasoned veteran like Bale.

are you serious??? im basing it on the fact that Sturridge, Coutinho and Borini are Liverpool's best attacking options apart from Suarez and there is no doubt in my mind that if they never had Suarez but had those three instead they would be in pretty much the same position!

Assumptions. Sturridge, Coutinho and Borini (LOL) put together are not even on the same level as Suarez.

Assumptions. Sturridge, Coutinho and Borini (LOL) put together are not even on the same level as Suarez.

ok but Gerrard, Downing, Borini, Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson would have got them where they are now! had Sturridge been there main striker from the start, thats 20+ goals right there on his own! plus what the others would contribute would more than compensate for not having Suarez! so stop acting as if Liverpool would be in a relegation battle right now if they never had Suarez!!!

Take Suarez' goals out of the team and they'd be somewhere near the bottom. #FACT

Take Suarez' goals out of the team and they'd be somewhere near the bottom. #FACT

thats stupid! take Suarez goals out then other players would chip in! take Messi's goals out of the Barca team, take Ronaldo's goals out of the Real team take RVP goals out of the United team blah blah blah! if one player isnt scoring then they would stop relying on that player and using him as their focal point and other players would chip in!

ok but Gerrard, Downing, Borini, Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson would have got them where they are now! had Sturridge been there main striker from the start, thats 20+ goals right there on his own! plus what the others would contribute would more than compensate for not having Suarez! so stop acting as if Liverpool would be in a relegation battle right now if they never had Suarez!!!

And stop acting as if Sturridge is Ronaldo in disguise. Still a Chelsea reject and a shit player, 2 goals against Newcastle won't change the fact he's shit.

And now you're saying 6 PLAYERS put together COULD reach Suarez' level ? Wow. Speechless tbh.

thats stupid! take Suarez goals out then other players would chip in! take Messi's goals out of the Barca team, take Ronaldo's goals out of the Real team take RVP goals out of the United team blah blah blah! if one player isnt scoring then they would stop relying on that player and using him as their focal point and other players would chip in!

LOL NO! Who would have scored then? Downing lol ?