Marquinhos

Mufassir08

Marcos Aoas Correa more commonly known as Marquinhos is a young CB currently playing for roma.We were linked with him back in january and at that time i was not very keen on him but i started following him nonetheless and everytime i have watched him in action he has been his team's best defender at 18 years of age.He is also targeted by barcelona and city.

STRENGHTS

Marquinhos is naturally very athletic.His biggest strength is his ability to read the game and make key interceptions.His positional play is top class as well.Other than that he has regularly captained the brazilian youth teams including the brazilian U17 team which included our very own lucas piazon and wallace.He has been touted as a future brazilian team captain.

WEAKNESS

His biggest weakness right now would be the physical game although it has not stopped him from becoming one of serie A's best defenders this season it will be a bigger concern in the english game.He is 6ft tall but he is yet to fully bulk up in his frame.I am sure he get better as he grows older in this aspect of his game.

Overall with terry on his last legs and brana on steady decline we will need two very good young CB's my choice would be zouma and marquinhos.As both of them are very young i would like them to stay on loan in their current teams because i cant see us selling Brana or terry this summer.Both will stay atleast one more season so a loan would be good for all the parties involved.

Also before people mention kalas,chaloboh etc i would remind them that the former has been playing exclusively as right back while the latter is now a midfielder.Omeruo is the pure CB we currently have and even he has been playing as a RB for his team but i dont think that role suits him the best.Omeruo can always replace cahill in 3-4 years time.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got the talent to be a top-class defender but I think for the time being, he needs to stay at Roma...or else his development could stall.

I reckon Chelsea should try to sign Jores Okore..he's young, he's pretty physical, he could be a leader of the defence in the future and he likes Chelsea...

I think zouma, papadopoulos and okore are interesting young CB's as well as marquinhos. But i think someone like howedes would be a good partner for luiz, hummels is alot of peoples choice but he seems to be similar to luiz with his marauding runs to the front.

All the hype is around Varane at the moment but Marquinhos is the best U20 CB in world football.

I don't think his style would complement Luiz though, both are similar in the sense that their main strength is coming out and intercepting the ball. I would like to see a stronger presence next to Luiz, someone who can dominate in the air (basically Vidic).

All the hype is around Varane at the moment but Marquinhos is the best U20 CB in world football.

I don't think his style would complement Luiz though, both are similar in the sense that their main strength is coming out and intercepting the ball. I would like to see a stronger presence next to Luiz, someone who can dominate in the air (basically Vidic).

You can't have two aggressors in at CB IMO, it needs to be one who comes out and intercepts the ball and one who sits deep, who's excellent at reading the game + sniffing out danger.

You can't have two aggressors in at CB IMO, it needs to be one who comes out and intercepts the ball and one who sits deep, who's excellent at reading the game + sniffing out danger.

Super Cahill

:shifty:

Well not many defenders can put Messi in pocket and Varane did just that.

When Marquinhos will play for top club against the likes of Barca or United we will talk who is better.

Also Varane would fit in any league at the moment, Marquinhos is more Laliga or Serie A player.

But I agree that Marquinhos is second to Varane.

When Marquinhos will play for top club against the likes of Barca or United we will talk who is better.

Also Varane would fit in any league at the moment, Marquinhos is more Laliga or Serie A player.

IMO he's very much flavour of the month. He had two stand out performances vs. Barca and United, but has been fairly average when he's played in the league. Marquinhos has been consistently good in Serie A, one of the best in the league. For me he's better at the moment, both are supremely talented though.

• 2 months later...

Apparently we're back in for him alongside City, Barca and Madrid. Madrid apparently had a 20 million euros bid rejected the other day so we'll have to dig deep. He's a great talent with clear potential. Roma did some really good business to get him for 3 million. Only one season on major clubs from across the globe are willing to pay almost 7 times that amount!

It is funny how the world of football provides us some pleasant surprises...

Marquinhos was a sub for Corinthians and he couldn't have any decent opportunities in the first team, since they had a decent set of CBs (Chicao, Leandro Castan, Paulo Andre and Gil). Then, he moved to Roma for the price of bananas and becomes one of the hottest prospects in football! :lol:

P.S: I think Mangala will be a better player. Time will tell if I am betting in the right centre-back!

It is funny how the world of football provides us some pleasant surprises...

Marquinhos was a sub for Corinthians and he couldn't have any decent opportunities in the first team, since they had a decent set of CBs (Chicao, Leandro Castan, Paulo Andre and Gil). Then, he moved to Roma for the price of bananas and becomes one of the hottest prospects in football! :lol:

P.S: I think Mangala will be a better player. Time will tell if I am betting in the right centre-back!

mangala is allot more powerful so less of a risk

He put Messi in the pocket? Yes, when the argentinian was in a really bad shape, but don't think that he is a world class now.

I have no doubt that Varane will be a top defender, but he is really far from it now. He had some good matches, but a 35 years old Drogba made a fool of him. He obviously has the skills, but needs experience.

He put Messi in the pocket? Yes, when the argentinian was in a really bad shape, but don't think that he is a world class now.

I have no doubt that Varane will be a top defender, but he is really far from it now. He had some good matches, but a 35 years old Drogba made a fool of him. He obviously has the skills, but needs experience.

I didnt say varane is world class. Also Messi was actualy in form in those months. He went injured couple of weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You