Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we have got in 0-0 . But our defence has missed JT's organisation. And Ramires has been terrible on the right. Ba has made some runs but we haven't had enough of the ball and mata hazard and lamps haven't provided any good delivery when we get in dangerous positions.

Can't say it's a boring game, I quite enjoyed the first half. Man city have adapted the notorious style of play Chelsea played early Roman times - physical side with strong midfield and defenders, though they use more flair players upfront than we did back then.

We are lucky not to be behind, because defending standard set pieces -especially corners- has been dire. Nastasic and Rodwell have had a firing competition at our goal and soon one of them is bound to go in. Credit to Cech and Cahill/Luiz for keeping it still level. Ramires on a yellow is always a time bomb waiting to explode and haven't seen much from Lampard to be fair so maybe Moses on for Ramires?.

I know that man city are a strong side and we are playing them at Etihad but hopefully the second half will be a bit more promising for us.

Ivanovic is looking very suspect. Is it him or Mikel that's supposed to pick up Rodwell? That's what, 4 free headers already? Common....

Mata is playing useless. Hazard is the only bright spot in our attack. Did our players completely forget how to take a fucking set piece? Every free kick and corner hit the first man.

Only a matter of time before they score whereas we haven't looked like scoring at all.

Moses on for Ramires at HT, the Brazilian will get himself sent off if Benitez doesn't take him off first.

Overall Mancaster City is the better team making Chealsea players like KIDS.I think the style of play will make it difficult to stay in top 4. If Chelsea can be in the top 4 , I dont see them becoming League champion next year or beyond becoz personally I think is the style they adopted. From my observation those midfield players will tend to keep the ball too long, uncertain of who to pass to attack and they love to back pass to the keeper. By the time they organise a attack, if they do at all ,all the players of the opponent team are comfortably waiting for them to come. And none player is creating opportunity for other teammates and the free players are not running to empty places so that the ball could be passed to them in attack. With this staling robotic system, no element of swift organise attack, I dont see Chelsea to be champion again in a long long time.

Shoulda started with JT and played Luiz in midfield. Lamps and Mikel play like they are scared of pressing and run away towards goal like scared little babies. Ramires has been awful, not sure why he was picked over Moses. Hazard prolly been our best player, tell him to stay aggressive and maybe get someone on their team sent off.