Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

I know. I just think its funny that Chelsea will pay Hazard 170k p/w but won't pay up 90 or so for Ba

Hazard's on 110K p/w isn't he? Secondly, comparing a 27 year old with a dodgy knee (albeit a very good goalscorer) to a 21 year old potentinal Ballon D'or winner sought after by the whole world, is quite ridiculous.

Hazard's on 110K p/w isn't he? Secondly, comparing a 27 year old with a dodgy knee (albeit a very good goalscorer) to a 21 year old potentinal Ballon D'or winner sought after by the whole world, is quite ridiculous.

If Ba can score goals like he is for newcastle at the moment I think 90k is reasonable.

110k p/w sorry. Much more reasonable wages for a 21 yr old 'potential ballon d'or winner'...

Who mentioned selling him? And we don't keep them, we let them go for free even when they are worth a few million. Drogba for example. More than likely Frank and Ash.

When you compare him to Torres, he's worth every penny of 120K. It's a shame about the risks involved though.

You said we don't get a valuable return on our investment so I thought you were hinting at potential resale value....... if your meaning Villa isn't worth the 12-15 million euros which Barca are reportedly considering letting him go for and won't live up to that fee then well how do I say this in a nice way, well I'm sure your a nice guy and all... but.... just a little bit off your head :P

No point mentioning Torres now, hes sadly our best striker but worst outfield player.....

No way he will go with that :(

His current contract is 40k week basic with 20k game fee, so normally 60k week.

We offered 80k - he wants more :(

20k week increase, over £1 million a year pay-rise! Like WTF - what 'sane' person wouldn't snap that up!!!

If he's too stupid to see the benefit and to be in a team challenging for trophies, then perhaps he ain't CFC material after all.

That's not me on my high horse ;) - just flabbergasted at some people's greed and idiocy, on top of the £1 million per year, he's also getting £2 million cash from Newcastle and no doubt a decent signing on bonus and millions in fees to his 'agents/family' - now if that ain't taking the piss don't know what is?

Also, we need to remember, every professional player is insured, if he's uninsurable, then it's a massive, massive risk. As somebody else said this guy is one tackle away from a wheelchair... :(

Can anyone hand on heart honestly say that isn't a possibility with Chelsea's history of strikers :( :( :(

If he doesnt go with that then screw him.

If I was incharge the only way Id sign Ba wouldnt be with an appearance based contract, considering his injury(ies).

I mean just imagine if we'd sign him and go with Ba+Torres and after a few weeks Ba gets injured and away for 6 months. That would be devastating. There is a risk involved here and if we are gonna take the risk signing this guy we have to cover our ground so we dont just end up with another player on a high payroll whos not even on the bench.

The risk associated with Ba and the fact Moses is going to ACON means we really should go after Villa.

I understand the risk with his knee but hes got 2 straight seasons of football without it affecting him so surely (well I hope) he'd be alright if we got him. Villa though, sign him up!

WE'VE SIGNED DEMBA BA ON A THREE YEAR DEAL, WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SKY SOURCES: We understand that Demba Ba has agreed a three-year deal with Chelsea and will complete his move in the next 48 hours. #CFC

Just checked, that account isn't verified, I'm not so happy now.. could be lies