Ramadel Falcao, Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Edison Cavani: Do they fit the needs of Chelsea FC?

OneMoSalah

How about David Villa on loan?

- proven finisher

- experienced

- Spanish

Great shout! Especially because of the 'loan' factor. If he doesn't deliver then we can send him back, if he does then I'm sure there's an "option to buy" clause that would be inserted. David Villa along with 2 relatively cheap strikers for competition would be the best thing all-round. We have a chance to really put numbers in this position. We used to have the option of Anelka, Drogba, Kalou & Sturridge. 2/4 were off-the-bench players but were effective in that (something needed). The other 2 were happy playing together. Anelka was a fantastic signing when we bought him, he was an under-study to Drogba but he did superbly in 2008 and accepted his wing-position after. That's what we need, not the big-money name who we put all our hopes on.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shout! Especially because of the 'loan' factor. If he doesn't deliver then we can send him back, if he does then I'm sure there's an "option to buy" clause that would be inserted. David Villa along with 2 relatively cheap strikers for competition would be the best thing all-round. We have a chance to really put numbers in this position. We used to have the option of Anelka, Drogba, Kalou & Sturridge. 2/4 were off-the-bench players but were effective in that (something needed). The other 2 were happy playing together. Anelka was a fantastic signing when we bought him, he was an under-study to Drogba but he did superbly in 2008 and accepted his wing-position after. That's what we need, not the big-money name who we put all our hopes on.

Don't get your hopes up - Arsenal are trying this as we speak loan-to-buy deal!!!

Fuckers!!!!

Even more reason to hate them!!!!

Don't get your hopes up - Arsenal are trying this as we speak loan-to-buy deal!!!

Fuckers!!!!

Even more reason to hate them!!!!

Of course not, but the idea of that is very good. I would never back the club to do it though, because it's too simple & when's the last time we even got a player on loan - Quaresma?

Of course not, but the idea of that is very good. I would never back the club to do it though, because it's too simple & when's the last time we even got a player on loan - Quaresma?

Yup I think so - used to work near the training ground - saw him a few times he actually did ok - lol :)

Yeah we need to sharpen up on a bit of business - I think Villa loan and some Malaga players would do us nicely until summer :)

Then we can re-evaluate with a potential new manager etc...

Yup I think so - used to work near the training ground - saw him a few times he actually did ok - lol :)

Yeah we need to sharpen up on a bit of business - I think Villa loan and some Malaga players would do us nicely until summer :)

Then we can re-evaluate with a potential new manager etc...

Indeed. The club is too focused on hitting the big-stars and not considering depth. The club's transfer policy makers are too ignorant with not realizing the potential that exists in the 'little names'. Players like James McCarthy. A risk was taken on Victor Moses to be honest and that's paid off ten-fold. More signings like that need to occur.

Indeed. The club is too focused on hitting the big-stars and not considering depth. The club's transfer policy makers are too ignorant with not realizing the potential that exists in the 'little names'. Players like James McCarthy. A risk was taken on Victor Moses to be honest and that's paid off ten-fold. More signings like that need to occur.

Agreed - not sure where my other post slating our scouting network is - but have a read...

Malaga signed Isco for 6 million !!!! Why the fuck can't we do something like that? :(

Agreed - not sure where my other post slating our scouting network is - but have a read...

Malaga signed Isco for 6 million !!!! Why the fuck can't we do something like that? :(

Well it comes down to politics when we ask things like that, Isco can sign for £6million because an agent knows that Malaga, although they have financial backing, can't really be held to ransom much because they know they're still money-conscious. When Chelsea or Real come a-knocking they know that the club is known to pay over-the-limit and that if they are serious - they'll pay whatever.

When a club is bought by a billionaire, it wants to buy the biggest stars and make that big impact. We had our time and no one can say it hasnt paid-off, Mancity had its time in 08-11 and PSG is having its time as we speak.

I agree we are horrible at finding bargains, but people often only rember the players who worked and not the long list of flop promisses. There is always a gamble when buying those "small names", but they are amazing when they thrive.

We are starting to mix big stars with promissing and talented small names (Azipi and Moses). However, we need to do it more frequently. It will improve our depth, ego management and finances. I just dont think we will ever get a trully bargain, we always have to pay more.

A bargain CB or Pivot or Backup Striker would be more than welcomed, but I do think we need a very big senior CF.

You're probably not too far wrong mate. :P

If we ever find a manager who Roman trusts enough to allow him to sign players himself, that will make me a very happy Chelsea fan. But we all know there's only one man that will have these privileges. A certain Pep Guardiola.

Scolari wanted to get rid of Drogba and replace him with Adriano. Manager's should not get full control on transfer's as far as im concerned.

Scolari wanted to get rid of Drogba and replace him with Adriano. Manager's should not get full control on transfer's as far as im concerned.

In fairness to Scolari, it's not as if Drogba was behaving himself was he? Scolari said he wouldn't play Drogba unless he was 100% fit, which is Ivorian seemed to not like.

In fairness to Scolari, it's not as if Drogba was behaving himself was he? Scolari said he wouldn't play Drogba unless he was 100% fit, which is Ivorian seemed to not like.

Yes, that is true, but it would have been one of the biggest mistakes of our history.

I think a coach must have a big say (more than our shit board), but not a full control (like SAF and Wenger). It would make us change the dictator from the owner to the manager. I belive a healthy and respectful relation between Roman and Whoever Gets the Job is the best going foward.

Your right he wasn't but to still even consider that was lunacy, if Mata decided to rebel a bit and Rafa decided to let him go and bring in Ronaldinho instead would that be the right decision? even if Juan was playing up a bit.

You only need to look at Kenny Dalglish to see the pitfalls of giving a manager control over signing's.

Yes, that would have been disastrous. But that does not mean that every manager should have no control whatsoever over transfer. Obviously, a healthy and productive relationship between the manager and the board is required. And also an intelligent manager that knows how to build a team. Scolari's methods are questionable at best.

Your right he wasn't but to still even consider that was lunacy, if Mata decided to rebel a bit and Rafa decided to let him go and bring in Ronaldinho instead would that be the right decision? even if Juan was playing up a bit.

You only need to look at Kenny Dalglish to see the pitfalls of giving a manager control over signing's.

But like I said, that should mean that managers should have no control. There are managers out there who are idiots when it comes to transfers and there are managers who are very clever.

Yes, that is true, but it would have been one of the biggest mistakes of our history.

I think a coach must have a big say (more than our shit board), but not a full control (like SAF and Wenger). It would make us change the dictator from the owner to the manager. I belive a healthy and respectful relation between Roman and Whoever Gets the Job is the best going foward.

But we can't have it both ways. We can't complain about player-power in the dressing room & then say those causing it shouldn't be sold? But that being said I do agree overall, especially at Chelsea. If a player signs for the manager, once that manager leaves they might not necessarily play for the next manager. That relationship should be severed before it's allowed to begin.

Why can't WE ever do this :(

Our scouts are a fucking shambles!!!

[rant]

No, it's not our scouts' fault that we can't make buys like Malaga did with Isco. It's because our owner is like a little kid who always wants the shiniest toy out there. It's because our managers rarely get a say in our transfers. It's because some of our fans are the biggest bunch of spoiled brats who always only want the 50 million pound player, just because he has the highest attributes on FIFA, and because cheaper players are all "Liverpool quality" and taking chances on younger players would "turn us into Arsenal". It is because even when we get players like Isco who could turn out world class, we dump them on the bench for the sake of the big names in the team even when the they are much much better than the said names, as I'm sure Danial Sturridge would tell you. That, my friend, is why!

[/rant]