Ramadel Falcao, Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Edison Cavani: Do they fit the needs of Chelsea FC?

OneMoSalah

i think Jelavic is better than Torres. stats aside, how many times have we seen torres run at the defenders and lose the ball? how many times have we seen the playmakers put the ball in to see Torres fail to attack it? Jelavic is an instinctive striker who lurks on the shoulder of the defenders and ALWAYS attacks the ball when crossed.

we need a better striker but i don't necessarily agree with those saying we need it in January. the summer , when we have a permanent manager, is the best time to rebuild the squad according to the manager's plans and not Gourlay's, Emenalo's or Roman's

Will you shut up about Jelavic?

Roman might be reading!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you shut up about Jelavic?

Roman might be reading!

haha. no way we'd go for Jelavic. his instincts and poaching abilities are class but it's sadly not a big enough 'name' for Gourlay and Emenalo. on the other hand, they'd spend ridiculous amounts of money if shit players like Mario Gomez was available for a transfer

i think Jelavic is better than Torres. stats aside, how many times have we seen torres run at the defenders and lose the ball? how many times have we seen the playmakers put the ball in to see Torres fail to attack it? Jelavic is an instinctive striker who lurks on the shoulder of the defenders and ALWAYS attacks the ball when crossed.

we need a better striker but i don't necessarily agree with those saying we need it in January. the summer , when we have a permanent manager, is the best time to rebuild the squad according to the manager's plans and not Gourlay's, Emenalo's or Roman's

Jelavic has 1 in 6 games and only 6 goals this season. Torres has more while playing badly almost every game.

Thank god you said "stats aside" :P

Jelavic has 1 in 6 games and only 6 goals this season. Torres has more while playing badly almost every game.

Thank god you said "stats aside" :P

that was the point :D inspite of not scoring goals, he has the basic instinct to attack the ball. the winner against tottenham when he just ran past a static back four on the off-chance the ball came through. the ball did come through and he stabbed it home. torres goals are more like - stroll into the box and tap-in. the newcastle goal aside, he hasn't scored from a half-chance i think....

that was the point :D inspite of not scoring goals, he has the basic instinct to attack the ball. the winner against tottenham when he just ran past a static back four on the off-chance the ball came through. the ball did come through and he stabbed it home. torres goals are more like - stroll into the box and tap-in. the newcastle goal aside, he hasn't scored from a half-chance i think....

But we're not going to sign a player because of his instincts, he needs goals to show this.

And as for Torres, people always tell me you need good movement to score tap ins, so i'll say the same for him lol.

Cavani fits best, he can link up with play far better then the others, he'll suits the PL more also.

We'll also get him importantly much cheaper then we would of last year and much cheaper then falcao this year.

I agree. For me he's one of the best all-around forward.

But we're not going to sign a player because of his instincts, he needs goals to show this.

And as for Torres, people always tell me you need good movement to score tap ins, so i'll say the same for him lol.

Ah. i am not sayin we should sign Jelavic. just bemoaning the fact that we have Torres.

I'm fed up with Torres constantly offside, triggering his runs too late, fouling defenders when he pressurizes them... Jelavic would be a massive upgrade to that. OH WAIT :halo::D

Hes unhappy that hes not playing and apparently they are considering selling him the summer I read on that Spanish blokes Sulia thing.

Yup Arsenal have been linked to him for a loan-to-own scheme in Jan!

If he's coming to London, it should be West not North...

I would just get him on Loan and a decent defensive DM, then do it properly in the summer!!

He's one of Barcelona's highest paid players, he won't come here especially to take a wage cut.

Plus he's too old anyway.

Old but still quality and better than a younger Torres!

As for the wages, we might not have to pay his wages 100% if we were to take him on loan. That can easily be negotiated.

Old but still quality and better than a younger Torres!

As for the wages, we might not have to pay his wages 100% if we were to take him on loan. That can easily be negotiated.

I can't say he's still quality since he rarely plays enough to judge.

He may not have played since his return from injury but he has showed that his qualities are still there and besides, he can't be any worse than Torres!

You don't know though because he hasn't played a lot of football. He wouldn't be the first player to get worse after injury.

You don't know though because he hasn't played a lot of football. He wouldn't be the first player to get worse after injury.

Taking him on loan on a short term basis, I wouldn't mind taking him. Give him the chance and he will score, unlike Torres. Don't think he would be affected THAT badly by his injury compared to an ACL one.

Taking him on loan on a short term basis, I wouldn't mind taking him. Give him the chance and he will score, unlike Torres. Don't think he would be affected THAT badly by his injury compared to an ACL one.

Villa is/was a great striker, i'm just not sure about him now with this injury. I don't get why he can't play at Barca also, Pedro and Sanchez are not exactly playing great.