Why Are We Playing 4-2-3-1?

The Mak

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid post, Tiote is one of the best at what he does, you're basically saying Essiens job was pointless, yeah well say that when your team is constantly winning the ball back and holding posession. I suggest you watch these players more instead of going on about them, you go on about Mikel like he's a god yet he plays shit and is so average at best it's unbelievable.

I know you love stats so that's for you

allendefensivedef.png?w=551

Cabaye:

4 goals, 6 assists, 51 shots, 38/133 crosses, 56 key passes, 95/175 long balls, 34 fouls

Tioté

0 goal, 1 assist, 29 shots, 3/22 crosses, 13 key passes, 96/137 long balls, 57 fouls

Both were played in a double pivot so shared the defensive and attacking duties. So tell me who's the best defensively, who's the best attacking? That's Cabaye.

I think we had a chat about Tioté one or two years ago, I was quite impressed by what he did for his first season because I thought he was able to do a lot of stuff.

Since he constantly disappoints me: doesn't acts as a box to box anymore, loses the ball more often, plays less passes, misses more passes.

He's an ersatz of a defensive midfield, like has been said he runs like a headless chicken to recover the ball, create massive holes. He was pathetic again against City, lost the ball a couple of times and he's unique responsible of one chance and one goal (the situation leading to the corner) conceded

Is he creative and plays that good pass forward after having regained the ball? I'm not sure about that

Cabaye:

4 goals, 6 assists, 51 shots, 38/133 crosses, 56 key passes, 95/175 long balls, 34 fouls

Tioté

0 goal, 1 assist, 29 shots, 3/22 crosses, 13 key passes, 96/137 long balls, 57 fouls

Both were played in a double pivot so shared the defensive and attacking duties. So tell me who's the best defensively, who's the best attacking? That's Cabaye.

I think we had a chat about Tioté one or two years ago, I was quite impressed by what he did for his first season because I thought he was able to do a lot of stuff.

Since he constantly disappoints me: doesn't acts as a box to box anymore, loses the ball more often, plays less passes, misses more passes.

He's an ersatz of a defensive midfield, like has been said he runs like a headless chicken to recover the ball, create massive holes. He was pathetic again against City, lost the ball a couple of times and he's unique responsible of one chance and one goal (the situation leading to the corner) conceded

Is he creative and plays that good pass forward after having regained the ball? I'm not sure about that

Monsieur Cabaye is one of my favourite midfielders in the world at the moment. He has been so since I saw him destory Man Utd at St. Jame's Park last season. It's a shame that he injured right now because if I could sign one player in January it would be him. But I doubt he would leave Newcastle in January anyway. However I do find it strange that Tioté has more long passes than Cabaye, but I suppose less of them would have been key passes.

Monsieur Cabaye is one of my favourite midfielders in the world at the moment. He has been so since I saw him destory Man Utd at St. Jame's Park last season. It's a shame that he injured right now because if I could sign one player in January it would be him. But I doubt he would leave Newcastle in January anyway. However I do find it strange that Tioté has more long passes than Cabaye, but I suppose less of them would have been key passes.

Long pass is more than 25 yards. Cabaye often goes for the spectacular diagonal one whereas as you shall have noticed, Tioté feeds a lot the channels

Long passes is a stat that can be greatly improved upon because it's so misleading right now. For example, David Luiz has 6.3 successful long balls a game because he plays a lot of 25-30 yard passes to unmarked players ahead of him or on the wings. It's not a particularly difficult pass. How successful has Luiz been when he tries his long balls way up the field? Not successful at all. The long balls that some midfielders hit are sometimes back to the keeper or to a defender yet these long balls are not differentiated from say a long ball that hits a streaking winger who is well covered which is an incredible pass. There is no differentiation in the stat between types of long balls. I would love to see the stat broken down into forward, sideways, and backwards long balls as well as long balls from which zone to which zone at the least.

allendefensivedef.png?w=551

Cabaye:

Tioté

Well of course your right, you're this big scout with big posts and lots of stats, sorry to of misjudge you, i will never get in the way of your greatness ever again.

Well of course your right, you're this big scout with big posts and lots of stats, sorry to of misjudge you, i will never get in the way of your greatness ever again.

You're such a twat, who's speaking about me being a scout? Is that you or me? Wonder from where you found that out by the way but that's pretty annoying.

4-2-3-1 doesn't work for Chelsea's personnel. There is no sufficent 2 pairing that can properly handle the duties. I think a 4-3-2-1 or a 4-5-1 would be a much better formation. Hell go to a 4-6-0 if it means Torres isn't on the pitch.

I think the front needs to be fluid to allow for Hazard to play on the left, right or middle with overlap from Mata and Oscar and vice versa.

You're such a twat, who's speaking about me being a scout? Is that you or me? Wonder from where you found that out by the way but that's pretty annoying.

That's 100% wrong Seb, stats indicate that you have previously said you are working to be a scout, it's coming up 100%, so i suppose that makes me 100% right.

(By the way do you have any methods to blabble?, i really want to make my posts longer but I'm just not good enough to do so, oh please teach me most worthy SEB)

I am not a scout. I don't speak English so well, so I keep my posts short.

Tiote is shit.

I was just using an example from our current squad. As I said, KDB could occupy a CM role in the future, or Josh, or whoever, with Oscar as a AM etc. I'm not saying, "this is the team we should field!". I'm saying that this formation would allow us to use our entire squad better, instead of relying solely on either defensive or attacking midfielders.

P.S. Oscar should be able to do and play as he's told; if he's put as a CM, he'll be told to play like one.

Really? Because Tiote reminds of a certain player we could do with right now, whats his name? Oh yeah...Makélelé. Ok, be it an inferior version, but I'd rather have an inferior Mak instead of a Mikel...

Tiote is nothing like Makelele or Essien... why do people make such comparisons...?

I know he isn't the best DM in the world like Mikel is he... lol retard.

You're clearly the retard if you reckon your opinion on Mikel is more realistic and valuable than that of Jose Mourinhos', Avram Grants', Carlo Ancelotti's, Phil Scolari's, AVB's, RDM's and Rafa Benitez's since he arrived at the club.

If any of those managers rated your beloved Tiote more than Mikel they would have fucking signed him by now. If Mourinho/the club didn't rate Mikel

in the first place and expect him to turn into the player he is why did they sign him? Your such a moron.

Mikel is a fantastic option at DM, underrated by many, perhaps the only better DMs out there right now are Sergio Busquets and Javi Martinez.

Where did I say Mikel is the best DM in the world btw you utter cock?

You're clearly the retard if you reckon your opinion on Mikel is more realistic and valuable than that of Jose Mourinhos', Avram Grants', Carlo Ancelotti's, Phil Scolari's, AVB's, RDM's and Rafa Benitez's since he arrived at the club.

If any of those managers rated your beloved Tiote more than Mikel they would have fucking signed him by now. If Mourinho/the club didn't rate Mikel

in the first place and expect him to turn into the player he is why did they sign him? Your such a moron.

Where did I say Mikel is the best DM in the world btw you utter cock?

Lmao that is your excuse, well you're the retard for not noticing how many games Kalou was playing here when he was clearly a terrible player, and guess who signed him?, yep i guess that makes Kalou world class.

But yeah Mikel is the best DM in the world, and Kalou is one of the best also.

Lmao that is your excuse, well you're the retard for not noticing how many games Kalou was playing here when he was clearly a terrible player, and guess who signed him?, yep i guess that makes Kalou world class.

But yeah Mikel is the best DM in the world, and Kalou is one of the best also.

Yeah mate thats right, Kalou and Mikel are shit where as Tiote is the best MF in the PL....

Pfft as if.