Fernando Torres

Was the cash+Anelka and cash+Sturridge deal for Torres squashed? Would hate to see either player go, especially Sturridge.

I may be in the minority, but I'm not that high on Torres to Chelsea. I'd rather Carroll right now, or wait until summer to reconfigure the entire squad when you have more time and more available talent.

Please could u what the translation says cant see it on my phone!

Torres is already Chelsea's

Fernando Torres will be Chelsea's new player. The negotiations between the London club and Liverpool have intensified in the latest hours and the arrival of Niño at Stamford Bridge is a done deal, with just official confirmation left from both clubs.

58 million euros... Liverpool will try to get Carroll for 40 million of those euros... yada yada ydad

Look, everything is being speculated at the minute, I doubt Fernando Torres himsef knows whats going on. I wouldn't believe ANYTHING until either Sky, BBC, or either of the clubs confirm it. Your just filling everyone else with false hope otherwise.

The SUn:

FC Live: *******BREAKING NEWS********* Andy Carroll has handed in a transfer request which Newcastle have accepted. He looks likely to join Liverpool in a £35m move later this evening.

Statement on Liverpool website: Liverpool FC confirmed this afternoon that Newcastle United have accepted a club record offer for the transfer of Andy Carroll.

The club have been given permission by Newcastle to discuss personal terms with the player, who will now travel to Liverpool for a medical.

: And now reports Charlie Adam is also on his way to Liverpool. More as we get it. :|

Charlie Adam going to Liverpool too!!!!!!! Holy Christ they're shaking things up.....I assume Torres will be confirmed to Chelsea within minutes. I'm torn, I'm happy we're getting a world class striker but sad we overpaid. Such is life.