Fernando Torres

If Carroll is worth 35m than Torres is a bargain for 50m.

No doubt he's not worth the 35m but I'm looking at the net spending. They're getting overpaid for Torres and in turn they overpay for Carroll, plus they have Suarez, and their bank account stays almost the same. I think its good dealing. Now lets get Torres to score 25 goals in the second half of the season and I'll gladly laugh at 'pool with the rest of ya.

Lol if we sign Torres could he play against Liverpool on Sunday ?

I was asking that question yesterday badboy.Looks like he can as it's not a loan deal.I think he could even play tomorrow against Sunderland,if the deal is completed by 5pm,which that looks unlikely.

My god! 70 pages of this thread and counting! Can we get to 100?? :lol:

I'm sure we can CJ.

How many pages was the John Terry/Wayne Bridge saga?.I wasn't around to see it,but i guess it was legendary banter if Fulham Broadway had anything to do with it!.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Torres makes me eat my words but I have a terrible feeling he's done in a couple of years, we're out the cash, and 'pool have 2 young strikers reaching their prime.:unsure:

We'll figure something out :whistling:

Agree with this mateand come on guys IF he is to join us, show support. Assumption is mother of all f'ckups

Assumption is that he plays fantastic for us and leads us to the title this season, reality is that he's a great striker when he's healthy and at this price we're gambling that he will be at his best for at least a few years.

Neymar, Sanchez + 1 more young talent = 50 mln.

Torres = 50 mln.

hmmm I think we're overpaying Liverpool a lot... (Still hoping to sign Fernando :D:D)

Udineza and Santos wanted 30mp for their talents.

If andy carrol is 35, they are 45, and torres is 60...

You won't get Sanchez for 25 and I wouldn't be sure Neymar would be available for 25. Torres would be a great signing, true, the money would be good aswell but that's modern football.

Udinese's chairman ask 30 million for Sanchez, so if we have good negociators I guess we can get him for 25 million. Neymar has a buy out clause at €45 million - more or less £38 million - but he won't leave for this price (it's the same case that Ganso)...

The Negative Nancy in me is still doubting this. Why? Cos we are still 'negotiating.' That means the club are trying to offer less than £50 million, and we all know how good Scousers are at robbing...

Maybe we wait that Liverpool buys Carrol, then we can put some pressure on them "You've just spend £35 million, it's a huge sum, so £40 million is enough" (I don't think so) LOL.