Chelsea v Manchester United

Jase

Looks like Utd will be targeting the wide areas. That's not good.

We don't have to bomb Cole and Ivanovic forward as United have given us the platform to play through the middle with their weak central midfield. Can you imagine Cleverley and Carrick trying to deal with Ramires, Mikel, Hazard, Oscar and Mata?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's bad for out defence but good for our attack. They look vulnerable down the middle, but we could well be vulnerable down our right hand side.

That's true. We can really hurt them through the centre. Hope Rooney stays high up the pitch.

Something RDM should have expected and should have prepared fot that. They have been scoring goals only after crosses recently.

I think he would've gone with Ramires on the wing if Lamps wasn't out. We'll have to target their centre.

We don't have to bomb Cole and Ivanovic forward as United have given us the platform to play through the middle with their weak central midfield. Can you imagine Cleverley and Carrick trying to deal with Ramires, Mikel, Hazard, Oscar and Mata?

They'll still double up on the wings though, with Evra and Rafael joining attacks as well. So it's both teams with a obvious weakness. We'll simply have to be more clinical.

That's true. We can really hurt them through the centre. Hope Rooney stays high up the pitch.

I think he would've gone with Ramires on the wing if Lamps wasn't out. We'll have to target their centre.

I definitely agree with you on the Rooney front...

Fergie has got to be thinking about dropping him back in a more AM position, and and him and Valencia running against Ivan doesn't look good, especially considering our 3AMs probably won't be helping out a lot defensively.

United have matched us up with a 4-2-3-1 of their own, with Fergie trying to spring a surprise by not playing the diamond.

It looks like it's going to be who's '3' are better today - let's hope Mata, Hazard and Oscar are on their game!

"Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

1 Petr Cech ©

2 Branislav Ivanovic

24 Gary Cahill

4 David Luiz

3 Ashley Cole

7 Ramires

12 John Mikel Obi

10 Juan Mata

11 Oscar

17 Eden Hazard

9 Fernando Torres

Substitutes: 22 Ross Turnbull, 28 Cesar Azpilicueta, 34 Ryan Bertrand, 6 Oriol Romeu, 21 Marko Marin, 13 Victor Moses, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

Man United are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra ©; Carrick, Cleverley; Valencia, Rooney, Young; Van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs, Nani , Welbeck, Hernandez.

The referee is Mark Clattenburg. "

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2962995/title/team-news-chelsea-v-manchester-united

No surprises. C'mon Chelsea!!!

I really think Moses or Marin should have started this game.

They both track back (Moses does so more) and we'll be needing that today.

I wonder if Oscar will take up a role similar to the one he played vs. Juventus (closing down Carrick as he did Pirlo.)