Chelsea v Manchester United

Jase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sturridge hasn't played as a main striker for us, those goals came from the wing which is completely different to the CF position. Often he'd just be taking on the opposition full back, whereas as the lone CF he has to contend with 2 CBs. A lot of Sturridge's goals also came from arriving late at the back post from the wing position, he won't be able to do that anymore as CF. Once again while at Bolton, played in a two striker system playing of Kevin Davies who'd act as a target man and win flick ons etc. This is what i'm trying to say, there is no evidence for saying 'Sturridge should be number 1 striker'. He should be given a chance which I think everybody wants and Di Matteo will do, but if we're going to base making him number 1 striker on football ability and being younger then it'd be an incredibly silly thing to do and luckily Robbie isn't doing this.

If you watch Sturridge's goals last season, they are a lot more elaborate than just taking on the full back an scoring. Sturridge has great movement, you'll see that a lot of his goals last season were tap ins rather than taking on the full back and scoring. He gets himself into excellent positions which obviously allow him to score.

You can tell that facing 2 centre backs won't be as big of a problem as you're trying to make it out to be for him.

Majority of his goals at Bolton weren't flick ons from KD either. Go watch his goals at Bolton and you'll see that.

It's unfair to say Sturridge isn't able to play as a lone striker when no one has actually seen him there consistently.

Sturridge has done it before, albeit at reserve level, but he definitely has. Look at the video below where he actually scores a lot of goals in one reserve game as a lone striker (5!)... The guy's a natural goal getter, regardless if he plays off one or regardless if he plays upfront on his own. I believe he can do it.

Can anyone see the line up being anything other than:

Cech

Ivan Luiz cahill Cole

Mikel rambo

Mata oscar hazard

Torres.

I dont see RDM making another line-up but there is a better one :

Iva-Luiz-Cahill-Cole

Mikel-Rambo

Mata-Oscar-Hazard

Sturridge

I dont see RDM making another line-up but there is a better one :

Iva-Luiz-Cahill-Cole

Mikel-Rambo

Mata-Oscar-Hazard

Sturridge

I am sure 80 percent of the people on here will agree with you. Which is why I did can anyone see it being anything other than that. I in all honesty I will be completely shocked if RDM goes with Danny.